South Dakota nurse says many dying patients still insist COVID-19 'not real'

ahhhhhh.

So there is a cure for fat disgusting slobs.... It's just because derp derp stem cells and helicopters?

Deep state much?

“Trumps base is primarily people with at most a high school education”

So this one nurse, whose intentions could be partisan, is gospel?

Our journalism should be a higher standard.

It is their choice. Part of being free is being free to make bad choices.
I'm legit not being a cunt because I know you work in healthcare and I respect that but I have a question.

Is being free to hurt yourself the same as being a detriment to the public? Should we also rid the nation of laws against drunk driving?

Dustin Johnson just won the Masters with Covid. The Braves had the MVP after Covid. Ronaldo scored two goals after Covid.

Great one off hearsay anecdote. Great thread. 10/10

Yes, because relatively young people who also happen to be elite level athletes are totally representative of the general population. Stop shitposting.
To that i'd like to add that german wrestler Frank Stäbler, who was supposed to take part in the olympic games, got infected with Covid-19 and subsequently did a performance test which showed that his lungs suffered performance losings of 20%.

20 percent worse lung function in a world class athlete.

Covid-19 is no joke.

Trumpism is a death cult
These people have given up on reality

You sound angry. Was Chris Christie and Trump not better examples?

I don't get why you keep pushing this, it's always been acknowledged that it effects different people in different ways. You're more likely to have a rough ride with it if you're in an at-risk group but that doesn't make it a death sentence.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...many-dying-patients-still-insist-covid-19-not

"It wasn't one particular patient, it's just a culmination of so many people,"..."And their last, dying words are, 'This can't be happening. It's not real.' "

"People want it to be influenza, they want it to be pneumonia," Doering said. "We've even had people say, 'You know, I think it might be lung cancer.' ... Even after positive results come back, some people just don't believe it."

Doering said multiple patients target nurses like her with their "anger and hatred."

"They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that 'stuff' because they don't have COVID because it's not real,"

Doering also noted on Twitter that some patients argue with her that President-elect Joe Biden "is going to ruin the USA."

Welcome to Post-Truth America. Where not even lying on your deathbed will give you the lucidity needed to admit you were wrong. We've probably all heard stories of people who were dying or thought they were dying having some sort of epiphany. Realizing the error of their ways. These people appear immune to introspection. Not immune to Covid-19 though.
Wow - a CNN fan also happens to be a nurse!

My symphaties to the dying and the grieving these are tough times that has driven a lot of our fellows to the point of derangement.

that's the same thing people say on their death bed when they die from the flu

"i can't believe i'm dying from the flu...this can't be happening...this can't be real"

So this one nurse, whose intentions could be partisan, is gospel?

Our journalism should be a higher standard.
If anybody is being partisan around here, it’s those poor folks whose final moments on earth are spent denying Covid

this is the right wing version of those dumb leftie women that travel the worst shitholes in the world to prove people are nice, and get raped and beheaded.
so right wing cretins - no such thing as covid!!!!
left wing cretins - people are nice!!

Trump should've led these dumbasses to a tropical island and offered them some kool aid. I'm sure they would drink it. He could call it Trumptown.

I'm legit not being a cunt because I know you work in healthcare and I respect that but I have a question.

Is being free to hurt yourself the same as being a detriment to the public? Should we also rid the nation of laws against drunk driving?
This is hardly the same. Smoking is legal. Drinking is legal. Most of you want weed legal. Being obese is legal. All of these except for weed kill far more each than the Rona. Medical errors kill more than Rona. A huge portion of the Rona deaths were due to how we were treating it, IMHO. I wrote about it on another forum when all of this started and everything I said back in April about being far too aggressive was true, hence the lower death rates before remdesivir.

So in the end, it is their choice. Lockdown is dumb and morphed from flatten the curve to no cases which is dumb. Now no politician wants to be blamed for deaths so they just keep locking down. Cancelling Thanksgiving, while attending parties of their own (gavin newsome) or getting haircuts while salons are closed (Nancy pelosi). Shows you how effective they are. Odds are you're going to get it no matter what and you're going to give it to someone. So wear a mask, but don't cost in your basement forever

I wonder how many people believed in COVID but died of it anyway.

Yes, because relatively young people who also happen to be elite level athletes are totally representative of the general population. Stop shitposting.
Based on that anecdote, he doesn't know what anecdote means lol.

Back