South Dakota nurse says many dying patients still insist COVID-19 'not real'

Dustin Johnson just won the Masters with Covid. The Braves had the MVP after Covid. Ronaldo scored two goals after Covid.

Great one off hearsay anecdote. Great thread. 10/10
You're even dumber than I thought. How does this have anything to do with believing Covid is real or not? Are you denying covid exists on the basis that some athletes continued to perform despite recovering from it?

You can't trust what leftist nurses are saying on facebook.
Wait...

You implying that an anonymous one-off virtue signal that fits the narrative could be fake?

yup

Seems very likely that when folks are in ICU incapacitated with breathing tubes that the words they are choosing is, "this can't be real." Most people when they are very sick say nothing of the sorts. They are gasping for air and trying to rest.

I believe this bot, er... I mean "nurse." Most peoples last words are not to send their love to family. It's to tell a nurse they were wrong about Covid.

You're even dumber than I thought. How does this have anything to do with believing Covid is real or not? Are you denying covid exists on the basis that some athletes continued to perform despite recovering from it?

<Huh2><BidenShutIt>

Chris Christie spent 7 days in ICU
Trump had to be helicoptered to a place where he received the best care anyone could in the world.

Got anything else, genius?
Anonymous sources told you that right?

But yeah, low IQ ibids like you were chanting about how Covid would murder folks like Trump and Christie. Yet, when it doesn't you blame super science and health care and then cite anonymous sources that they were in ICU and on oxygen.

Brainwashed sheep you are.

Anonymous sources told you that right?

But yeah, low IQ ibids like you were chanting about how Covid would murder folks like Trump and Christie. Yet, when it doesn't you blame super science and health care and then cite anonymous sources that they were in ICU and on oxygen.

Brainwashed sheep you are.
lol Chris Christie said it himself

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/15/politics/chris-christie-coronavirus/index.html

Are you ok?

260 000 + have died from it already. Denying that makes someone low IQ.

probably because they aren't dying and didn't die from Covid. go into the hospital from a suicide attempt after slitting your wrists and die and the hospital going to be like "died from covid!" shit is stupid.

Wait...

You implying that an anonymous one-off virtue signal that fits the narrative could be fake?

yup

Seems very likely that when folks are in ICU incapacitated with breathing tubes that the words they are choosing is, "this can't be real." Most people when they are very sick say nothing of the sorts. They are gasping for air and trying to rest.

I believe this bot, er... I mean "nurse." Most peoples last words are not to send their love to family. It's to tell a nurse they were wrong about Covid.
Patients aren't placed on "breathing tubes" in the ICU automatically. They're usually placed on supplemental oxygen if they are hypoxic initially and can still talk, and if shit hits the fan with keeping oxygen saturation up, then "breathing tubes" are placed. It's actually called being intubated. There is a protocol to doing this in all places.

The story isn't the first time I've heard of certain types of patients still denying it's real. I've heard similar stuff from colleagues who work on covid units and experienced it myself when I worked in the covid unit at my previous hospital.

Last edited:
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...many-dying-patients-still-insist-covid-19-not

"It wasn't one particular patient, it's just a culmination of so many people,"..."And their last, dying words are, 'This can't be happening. It's not real.' "

"People want it to be influenza, they want it to be pneumonia," Doering said. "We've even had people say, 'You know, I think it might be lung cancer.' ... Even after positive results come back, some people just don't believe it."

Doering said multiple patients target nurses like her with their "anger and hatred."

"They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that 'stuff' because they don't have COVID because it's not real,"

Doering also noted on Twitter that some patients argue with her that President-elect Joe Biden "is going to ruin the USA."

Welcome to Post-Truth America. Where not even lying on your deathbed will give you the lucidity needed to admit you were wrong. We've probably all heard stories of people who were dying or thought they were dying having some sort of epiphany. Realizing the error of their ways. These people appear immune to introspection. Not immune to Covid-19 though.
this is your brain on trump

I dunno if this is the right place to post but:

My grandpa tested positive for COVID on August 9th and passed on August 11th and COVID was NOT listed as the cause of death.

I've seen a lot of nonsense posted here and elsewhere that COVID is being listed as the COD for random deaths and that seems a bit dumb in my own anecdotal situation.

It is though, and has been admitted on tape by healthcare professionals. It's why people dying from car accidents and gunshot wounds were listed as dying from Covid. Perhaps its not being done in every single case, but its certainly being done sometimes, which has been proven.

I have had plenty of hippies refuse vaccines
What was the point of this thread

Yep my cousins ex hates trump and is anti-vaxxer. She tried to tell me babies don't need vaccines for STDs and used that as an example. So my other cousin goes "Can't they get STDs through breast milk?". She said nope, the body doesn't do it that way or some shit like. The minute she walked away my cousin googled if breast milk can transmit STDs and it was the top link that breast milk can transmit STDs to babies.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...many-dying-patients-still-insist-covid-19-not

"It wasn't one particular patient, it's just a culmination of so many people,"..."And their last, dying words are, 'This can't be happening. It's not real.' "

"People want it to be influenza, they want it to be pneumonia," Doering said. "We've even had people say, 'You know, I think it might be lung cancer.' ... Even after positive results come back, some people just don't believe it."

Doering said multiple patients target nurses like her with their "anger and hatred."

"They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that 'stuff' because they don't have COVID because it's not real,"

Doering also noted on Twitter that some patients argue with her that President-elect Joe Biden "is going to ruin the USA."

Welcome to Post-Truth America. Where not even lying on your deathbed will give you the lucidity needed to admit you were wrong. We've probably all heard stories of people who were dying or thought they were dying having some sort of epiphany. Realizing the error of their ways. These people appear immune to introspection. Not immune to Covid-19 though.

wow an anecdote from an attention seeker

Is this your requirement for truth???

bahhhhhh

Well that’s one nurse opinion on what some sick people said allegedly.
What a groundbreaking news story.

Died from covid, died with it, or the hospital got a false positive test?

The NFL had seventy seven false positives in August. The rate of false positives is a problem

It is...but where I am hospitals are almost full. To the point where they are cancelling far more profitable elective surgeries because they have no room or bandwidth.

So...is it that people are bored and figure a stay in the hospital would be fun? Or is it that hospitals hate money and would rather admit people who don't need to be there that have a highly transmittable disease?

Back