Sources in Russia: Fedor looking for a 1 fight contract

1 fight isn't going to work in the UFC

I mean....maybe there's some non-title fight they could do but even then... the only 1 fight deal that would make sense is him shaking off the ring rust in a smaller org and then signing with the UFC

Thats what I was thinking Fedor should do. He said he wants to fight in Decmeber and will be ready. I think it would be wise to sing a 1 fight deal to fight in Japan for NYE. And then take a serious deal with a top promotion for several fights.

I want some of that stuff Fedor is smoking. A one fight deal?! What planet is he living on??

There is no chance in hell Fedor gets Werdum on a 1 fight contract. If the UFC signs him to a 1 fight contract you can be almost certain he fights Cain.

This is from Karin Zidan who is an Editor at BloodyElbow and a commentator for M-1 Global. He is very connected with the Russian MMA scene.

Ok....so is he the 'Russian sources' then? That tweet is from July 15th(i.e the same day the news broke Fedor wanted to come back in the first place).

Surely there is a more recent, more legitimate, source for this '1-fight contract' claim...yes?

1 fight is Bellator.

I'm being 100% serious here.....

Fedor should sign a 1 fight contract with Bellator, fight Kimbo Slice on free TV, then after he wins, sign a 3-4 fight contract with the UFC.

The reason it works is because #1: Fighting on free TV is huge and gets his name back out there. #2: Kimbo is a relatively big name with little risk. It'll help boost Fedor's hype leading into a UFC debut. #3: This would be a smart move for Bellator because (with the right hype) ratings would be huge and they make bank! #4: Both Fedor and Kimbo make bank. #5: Win/Win for everyone.

Only problem is, Fedor seems like a loyal guy. If he does that with Bellator and they treat him good, he'd probably just sign an extension with them.

Would be stupid to put him up against Werdum after a 3 year lay off, especially because of how much Werdum has improved.

its just a start
i think he takes one fight out of the ufc and then signs for more fights in the ufc if his performance was good

UFC will do either Cro Crop or AA 2 and will JUMP at the chance. 750k+ ppv guaranteed, why wouldn't they?

Makes sense, but if that was the case, it wouldn't be against Werdum. If they're unwilling to do that for Ronda-Cyborg, they're not going to do it for Fedor.

Just sign him already. I can't stand all these rumors.

Once he gets in the UFC, FEDOR vs CRO COP 2 needs to happen before anything else.

According to sources coming from Russia, Fedor is looking to sign a 1 fight contract, with the potential to fight for 2 more years. Do you think Dana will bite and give Fedor one top fight. Or could Fedor go to Bellator to hopefully win and raise his stock even higher, in effort improve his position for future contract negotiations.

ATM, I think it's either a big fight in UFC (Werdum) or Fedor goes to Bellator

Fedor coming back is like MJ going to the Wizards.... It's just sad some people just don't know when to hang them up. He's lost three straight ,and hasn't fought in a couple years. So while everyone has been improving he has been on the sidelines falling further and further behind.

Could be a risky lose for the ufc to give him that opportunity.
You can't count out Fedor at anytime.
Even when he's getting his ass kicked is possible he will KO you out of the blue.
He has a real warriors spirit and will to overcome.
He fights like it's a real fight not a sport.

If Fedor just appears, trashes the ufc champ and leaves it will hurt their image.

Exactly the opposite. MMA has always been 100% sport to Fedor.

Once he gets in the UFC, FEDOR vs CRO COP 2 needs to happen before anything else.

Why?

No. I want Fedor to avange his losses.

Then I want him to fight Mir, Barnett, Cain and JDS:)

Why?

No. I want Fedor to avange his losses.

Then I want him to fight Mir, Barnett, Cain and JDS:)

The only fighter he could fight on a 1 fight contract would be bigfoot...

White gets goaded into Werdum/Emelianenko II, Emelianenko wrecks Werdum and wins the UFC HW Title, Finkelstein rises from the dirt and holds White up for $1,000,000,000.00, M-1 Global co-promotion, and a new stadium in Russia.

Sounds good to me!

come on Dana, make it happen

Thats what I was thinking Fedor should do. He said he wants to fight in Decmeber and will be ready. I think it would be wise to sing a 1 fight deal to fight in Japan for NYE. And then take a serious deal with a top promotion for several fights.

the NYE option is a good bargaining chip to use in UFC negotiations...too good in fact. I can't see Fedor and co giving up this opportunity unless he is offered a sweet multi-fight deal by the UFC.

Fedor coming back is like MJ going to the Wizards.... It's just sad some people just don't know when to hang them up. He's lost three straight ,and hasn't fought in a couple years. So while everyone has been improving he has been on the sidelines falling further and further behind.

Fedor retired on a 3 fight win streak.

Back