Sources in Russia: Fedor looking for a 1 fight contract

1st fight - Velasquez (win)

2nd fight - Werdum (loss)

3rd fight - Anderson (???)

I think it'll be any combo of 2 out of Bigfoot, Big Nog, Overeem, Arlovski, Cro Cop, Mir, Rothwell, Hunt or winner of Barnett / Nelson. I imagine they won't use Cain/JDS/Stipe until after Fedor tries to "earn" a title shot with 2 wins.

I hope he does better than James Toney

Toney's for real. Should have brought Ray Mercer in though, dude smashed the champ in his only mma fight. Brock would have been running scared.

That is exactly the way I see it. This is just to get people talking. There's no serious intention of working with Zuffa.

Maybe I missed it, but I have not heard a single word from Zuffa about Fedors come back.
Normally you would get some talks.

Secondly the only one I see talking is Vadim.
There is no way that Dana will sit down with Vadim and discuss a potential Fedor deal.
Would Vadim sit down with Dana this time?

Is there a link to these sources...or are the sources anecdotal?

This is from Karin Zidan who is an Editor at BloodyElbow and a commentator for M-1 Global. He is very connected with the Russian MMA scene.

They can ask Cyborg how that is working out

I don't see the UFC going for that. And if Fedor is doing a serious come back, he should sign for more then 1 fight. I don't like games like this

True, if he goes for UFC or Bellator, he should maybe look to a 3 fight contract.

But if all he wants to start is a 1 fight contract, Dana should give it to him, and then give him a low level guy. That way if he wins and leaves, Dana can spin it like "He beat a guy who wasn't even in the Top 10. So what."

That's smart on his part. Unintentional rhyme out the ass. BOOM

those crazy russians are back to their games... ufc doesnt need fedor, he needs them, they will play by dana's rules or he can go crush cans in wwe bellashit

True, if he goes for UFC or Bellator, he should maybe look to a 3 fight contract.

But if all he wants to start is a 1 fight contract, Dana should give it to him, and then give him a low level guy. That way if he wins and leaves, Dana can spin it like "He beat a guy who wasn't even in the Top 10. So what."

Yeah, no... What do you think Fedor wants / fight?
According to Sherdoggers Fedor makes millions and millions / fight.
There is no way in HELL that Zuffa will pay Fedor top dollar to fight low level guys.

There is zero chance Dana gives Fedor a title shot coming off a 3 fight losing streak - all stoppages - in StrikeForce. Zero chance. Stop talking about his loss to Werdum like it was his last. It was not. It was the start of a losing streak. The last two guys he lost to are not the best. The best guys mop the floor with the guys who mopped the floor with Fedor.

I think he could most certainly get a fast track deal where one win == title shot but that would require a pretty standardized Zuffa contract.

Fedor is not a PPV star, and he never was. He's a phenom among the hardcore fan base. There isn't any good reason for Zuffa to make him a specialized deal where they put themselves at risk for little in return.

If he's healthy and doing this for the right reasons, I honestly hope he comes to the UFC and I'd love to see him get a win. A title shot would be a goofy joke on the sport though, even at its current low standards.

I REALLY hope Fedor signs for more than one fight. UFC most likely won't do a one and done deal.

The only 1 fight contract that would make any sense for the UFC is Mir.

I don't think the UFC would go for a 1 fight deal, unless there was a clause saying if he won it would get renewed automatically for 2 more fights.

Yeah, no... What do you think Fedor wants / fight?
According to Sherdoggers Fedor makes millions and millions / fight.
There is no way in HELL that Zuffa will pay Fedor top dollar to fight low level guys.

Well, if all he wants is a 1 fight deal, then maybe go the other way and put him against a Top 3 guy and (Dana) hopes he'll get KTFO.

There is zero chance Dana gives Fedor a title shot coming off a 3 fight losing streak - all stoppages - in StrikeForce. Zero chance. Stop talking about his loss to Werdum like it was his last. It was not. It was the start of a losing streak. The last two guys he lost to are not the best. The best guys mop the floor with the guys who mopped the floor with Fedor.

I think he could most certainly get a fast track deal where one win == title shot but that would require a pretty standardized Zuffa contract.

Fedor is not a PPV star, and he never was. He's a phenom among the hardcore fan base. There isn't any good reason for Zuffa to make him a specialized deal where they put themselves at risk for little in return.

If he's healthy and doing this for the right reasons, I honestly hope he comes to the UFC and I'd love to see him get a win. A title shot would be a goofy joke on the sport though, even at its current low standards.

He's coming off 3 wins... moron.

he will sign with m1 for a fight in russia.

then MAYBE a couple fights with bellator.

ufc not happening

1 fight isn't going to work in the UFC

I mean....maybe there's some non-title fight they could do but even then... the only 1 fight deal that would make sense is him shaking off the ring rust in a smaller org and then signing with the UFC

Ya, if he were to sign a 1 fight deal in the UFC it certainly would not be a title fight or anything significant in terms of ranking. What is the point of him fighting the champ or a top contender that is on his way to a shot for 1 fight and then a question mark what happens next.

If he's looking for one fight it will be in M1 or in Japan for NYE. The UFC will and should have little interest in a 1 fight deal. Its pointless really.

Back