Sources in Russia: Fedor looking for a 1 fight contract

The guy who lost to Dan Henderson? That guy?

oh you mean the guy who beat

Shogun 2x
Bustamante 2x
Sobral 2x
Wanderlei Silva
Vitor Belfort
Rich Franklin
Palhares
Big Nog
Bisping
Murilo Ninja
Tim Boetsch
Rafael feij

Its unlikely the UFC would sign him on a one and done deal I'd agree although I spose they could have him fight someone minor for a PPV/ratings boost.

That said even if they were truth to this rumour it doesn't mean that's what he's talking about. "The potential for another two years" especially seems to me to mean there would be some kind of lock in for the promoter so maybe its about working out a one fight deal then potentially improving it should he win?

He could get a 1 fight contract in the UFC, but not against Werdum.

Give him a 1 fight contract for Werdum but if he wins, he is contracted for 2 more (you shouldn't be uncontracted with the belt). If he loses, then its up to Fedor and Dana to negotiate again or cut him, etc

Antonio McKee was like that IIRC (obviously not as high profile of a fight, but he's not Fedor either)

I'd say they won't touch him unless it's three or more.

Why not?
He may come back rusty as hell and give a shitty performance, and I am not sure that they would want 3 of those.

TS is the source.

Seems legit

If Im UFC Boss I sign him 3 fight contract 250k 250k then if he wins 500 k 500k then 1m plus ppv if he wins give him . @ top tens then a title shot

But there all 250s if he looses

Think hed sign that ?>? or COKER beats that offer ?

Why not?
He may come back rusty as hell and give a shitty performance, and I am not sure that they would want 3 of those.

Eh, a rusty performance by Fedor would mean he'd be sloppy and get finished. The UFC is fine with finishes. It's not like he's going to stink the place up by LnPing for 3 rounds.

There's no way they sign him for 1 fight because Fedor will want a "name" fight--and so will the UFC. They aren't going to pay him the big money (which he will invariably request) so he can fight someone that can't draw. Thing is, they aren't going to risk having a loyal "name" fighter lose to a guy on a 1-fight contract. It also sets a bad precedent for them where guys do 1 fight here, 1 fight there, 1 fight here, etc. The UFC is about the brand above all else. Fedor looking for 1 fight does nothing for their brand and everything for Fedor.

People will bring up Toney but they only signed him for 1 fight because he had 0% chance of winning; it was an exhibition for Randy and the UFC. THey knew Toney would embarrass himself and Randy would destroy him. It helped the UFC among casuals seeing a great boxer get choked out with ease by an MMA fighter. Captain America, UFC legend, prevails again. That situation was very different than the Fedor one.

According to sources coming from Russia, Fedor is looking to sign a 1 fight contract, with the potential to fight for 2 more years. Do you think Dana will bite and give Fedor one top fight. Or could Fedor go to Bellator to hopefully win and raise his stock even higher, in effort improve his position for future contract negotiations.

ATM, I think it's either a big fight in UFC (Werdum) or Fedor goes to Bellator

If Dana was smart, he'd sign him for the 1 fight and put him against someone like Cro Cop or Big Nog.

One fight deal? Well it wont be the UFC then.
I think he will end up in M1. All this talk about different org and so on is just Vadims way of drumming up media interest and hype. When it settles Fedor will fight in M1.

One fight deal? Well it wont be the UFC then.
I think he will end up in M1. All this talk about different org and so on is just Vadims way of drumming up media interest and hype. When it settles Fedor will fight in M1.

That is exactly the way I see it. This is just to get people talking. There's no serious intention of working with Zuffa.

Despite all my doubts that Fedor would ever come to the UFC, there's been two glimmers of hope.

1. He seperated from M1 Global.

2. He voiced his desire for a rematch against Werdum.

And I guess 3, if you count that Dana has been very low-key about discussing anything about Fedor.

But if these 'sources' in Russia are correct and Fedor only wants a 1-fight contract, kiss any of the already narrow possibility of Fedor stepping into the cage goodbye. Zero chance Dana would make that concession. Period.

1st fight - Velasquez (win)

2nd fight - Werdum (loss)

3rd fight - Anderson (???)

Feed him to Hendo so we can see another H-bomb highlight reel KO.

I don't see the UFC going for that. And if Fedor is doing a serious come back, he should sign for more then 1 fight. I don't like games like this

Back