Sources in Russia: Fedor looking for a 1 fight contract

Why?

No. I want Fedor to avange his losses.

Then I want him to fight Mir, Barnett, Cain and JDS:)

Kinda leery to see him fight Bigfoot again. Bigfoot just laid on him last time and focused on his eye.

I figured a Fedor/Cro Cop rematch could be hyped like fuck for his UFC debut, Cro Cop probably wants it, and it'd give the winner a nice lead into bigger fights.

This thread compiles a lot of delusions. Quite the collection.

Hope this isn't true because that's a big reason UFC wouldn't sign Fedor the first time around.

M-1 wanted a 1 fight deal, a title fight against Brock and that he could leave with the title if he won. Of course the UFC wasn't going to sign that kind of deal.

Fedor's best interest would be signing a 3 fight deal similar to Cro Cop. If he doesn't feel good or loses in any of the 3 fights, he can retire without consequence.

White gets goaded into Werdum/Emelianenko II, Emelianenko wrecks Werdum and wins the UFC HW Title, Finkelstein rises from the dirt and holds White up for $1,000,000,000.00, M-1 Global co-promotion, and a new stadium in Russia.

Sounds good to me!

I cracked up lol

Anyways, if this ever happen to be true, winning or losing it's always great to watch the GOAT.

Fedor vs Couture in Bellator would be badass.

Fedor vs brock is the only fight to make if its only 1 fight.
If more it is stupid.

I dont see UFC giving him just one fight, Bellator might.

UFC could promote him, put him on a big show, build him up to even more fans, casual fans, get huge interest in him, have him fight and win and then walk away to Bellator.

I dont see UFC doing that. Its a multi fight deal or nothing.

Fedor vs Couture in Bellator would be badass.

Not really, I'd watch of course but Randy is much older, Fedor would kill him at this point. WOuld have at any point but he's run through Randy.

But I'd rather that than Fedor/Kimbo.

I understand if he signed with Bellator they would have to do something huge to justify the money they would be paying him which means either Fedor vs Kimbo, Randy, Tito or Lashley.

Would need to get most viewers possible.

Just hope he goes to UFC.

Somebody needs to source the source of the source.

is this possible ? isn't Randy still under zuffa contract ?

I don't think so. I thought he signed with Bellator and Dana lost his mind over it. Couture even said he'd come back if the fight was big enough. Fedor is his dream fight. I think he'd definitely come back for that.

Not really, I'd watch of course but Randy is much older, Fedor would kill him at this point. WOuld have at any point but he's run through Randy.

But I'd rather that than Fedor/Kimbo.

I understand if he signed with Bellator they would have to do something huge to justify the money they would be paying him which means either Fedor vs Kimbo, Randy, Tito or Lashley.

Would need to get most viewers possible.

Just hope he goes to UFC.

I hope UFC too, but I'm not gonna lie... I would love Fedor vs Kimbo. Obviously Fedor would kill him, but Bellator could hype it as if it were an actual competitive fight. It'd be AWESOME.

Fedor vs Couture would be cool, even at this point. Though yeah, not what it used to be.

Fedor vs Tito would be cool too. Would love tosee Tito get smashed.

Fedor vs Lashley sounds gay.

Unless he's going to fight a decent fighter I won't watch. If it's in Bellator what's the point?

Pretty sure Fedor will do an M-1 or JMMA production as his return bout which will be a tune up. Doubt we'll see him sign to any American org until 2016 and he'll already be a fight deep into his return.

james tony

Huge difference. Toney had no realistic chance of winning. They brought him in to get embarrassed and show how much better than boxing the UFC is. Fedor, on the other hand, can beat any of their fighters. What happens if he comes in for 1 fight, beats the shit out of a guy like Cain? He can either negotiate another contract with them if he wants to keep fighting--and it'll be more lucrative since he has a win over a top guy now--or he can say he's happy with what he's done and re-retire or go fight somewhere else. Neither option is good from the UFC's standpoint.

Signing a guy like Toney is nothing like signing Fedor.

Huge difference. Toney had no realistic chance of winning. They brought him in to get embarrassed and show how much better than boxing the UFC is. Fedor, on the other hand, can beat any of their fighters. What happens if he comes in for 1 fight, beats the shit out of a guy like Cain? He can either negotiate another contract with them if he wants to keep fighting--and it'll be more lucrative since he has a win over a top guy now--or he can say he's happy with what he's done and re-retire or go fight somewhere else. Neither option is good from the UFC's standpoint.

Signing a guy like Toney is nothing like signing Fedor.

I disagree...the same arguments applies to James...what if he won and embarassed the UFC ??

For one they don't have to give him a one-fight TITLE shot. Some gatekeeper with
promise of 2 fight contract if he wins.

For two, even if they did do that a one-fight shot, Fedor won it and ran off it, it wouldn't change anything. UFC would make a ton of money off of it. Belator is regional and has admitted it. M-1 is even smaller, also regional and maybe up for sale. A lot of Belator is athletes cut from UFC or trying to get signed by UFC. Acquiring the #1 HW would not change this reputation, improve their other weight classes or make them the premier league suddenly. MMA is not as diverse or wide-spread as boxing they can not rely on one popular guy to make a small company large.

They tried it w Afflication. Even with Fedor winning they sunk. I suspect if he won the SF GP, UFC would have STILL bought and dismantled them.

Back