Something I Have Noticed About Long Term Pot Smokers

I think the strength of the weed being smoked is something that a lot of people don't consider these days. If you're smoking that unnaturally high THC stuff, it's going be a lot different from the experience of someone who smokes old school hippie weed or hash.

I've seen plenty of burnouts who hurt themselves with it and plenty who do fine. Dunno, it's not great for me though.

I have anecdotal evidence that agrees with TS, but always remember that correllation is not causation. People with anti-social, introverted or bi-polar tendencies might have already been that way and are just self-medicating with weed.

In fact I would guess that the breakdown of mental health services and isolating effects of modern technology and society might be creating these "maladjusted" people and the worst of them simply overuse weed in attempts to cope.

From what I’ve observed it makes stupid people even more moronic and smart people more creative.

IME people who've had substance abuse issues will snap at the most random times. It's like there is circuit breaker in the rational thinking areas of their brain that will just flip.

Happened to me.... I've always had mental/behavioral/mood problems, but was more out going in the past. I became extremely Moody and introverted. Haven't smoked much in the past year though. Was getting way too much anxiety when high. Plus I can't afford it.

Non of my pothead friends have been affected this was though. Possibly because they didn't start with problems.

That said, I just started taking two mood stabilizers and an anti-psychotic.

Smoking weed makes you less motivated to do anything

Whether that be hang out with people or go to work

Its not really a social drug like drinking or cocaine is

Weed is a downer so its going to bring you down

Alcohol is a depressant. I've always found weed far more enjoyable in social situations.

giphy.gif

But also me:
giphy.gif
Your AV fuckin killed me :D

i only smoke at night, when i'm planning on crashing and sleeping. or if i'm at home and doing chores, or working on a hobby. a nice sativa hit makes those experiences a bit funner lol.

i'm 100% like this and i only just smoked my first whole marijuana yesterday.

From my pov, I thinks it's because people use it as a drug instead of a medicine.

I had family that smoked since the 70s and 80s.
They are just them.
They have varied lives.
Some are very creative people some are struggling.

Personally I didn't till I was in my 30s after my brain injury and a hundred broken bones from years of competition.

Today it helps me sleep, helps me with pain and lifts my mood.

I've always walked alone.
I don't like people.
Mj didn't change that.
But I do spend more time trying to enjoy my life and not stress over life's illusions.

It's improved the quality of mine.
But I Have also experienced the anxiety as well as the frustration of not having any when I really needed it.

Holding emotions is hard for everyone today.
Most people lose their Shit at some point.
It's a stressful time.

You think it won't happen to you?? It happened to me! And to him! And it will happen to you!!

giphy.gif

All the long term potheads I know seem pretty content with their lives, but they tend to be the types who didn’t want kids. If you’re raising a family, spending all day watching Netflix with your mouth hanging open isn’t a great way to do it.

I think someone described smoking weed perfectly as: Weed makes it okay to be bored.

Definitely harshing that mellow is gonna have untoward effects. I think El Corinthian is 100% correct, but that's also because he frames himself as being highly anecdotal. One thing to consider is that a rampant weed smoker may not always look like this:

Untitled-1.jpg

And so may fly under (or is it over when it comes to weed?) the radar, so to speak.
100% this. Weed makes it ok to just chill and do nothng. I also like to smoke before working out sometimes though. Or before or during kayaking or something. Im not gonna smoke before I run tho, thats stupid.

I agree with TS assessment to a point. Being a musician, it makes it ok to stay in the house all day and work on music. Sometimes when I dont smoke after work I want to go out and be social so I know it can make you an introvert. I have a GF and a cat at home tho so the people I want to be around are already here.

The most paranoid antisocial guy I know is in his early 60s and is a pothead since his 20s.

I'll keep this short and to the point. First off im not talking about people who decided to pick up smoking/vaping what ever, in their adulthood. This is more about the people who have been going hard since their teenage years and continue to do so well into their older age.

Things i have noticed

What i have noticed about a lot of them is that they are EXTREMELY introverted to the point of self inflicted isolation and display some serious bipolar like behavior where they cannot control their emotions. Debates usually conjure up the bipolarity in emotions, specifically anger. Lastly and the worst thing that i have noticed is an extreme pessimistic outlook on literally everything. Trying to console these people even in the face of a relatively minor issue and the world is turning upside down and there is always some mechanism through which their lives will be held down without being able to break free. They are basically emo's when it comes to dealing with adversity and on their outlook on life.

Once more this is about the people who have been smoking from REALLY young. Im very libertarian on the topic of weed and generally don't see it to be an issue but i think as time unravels and weed becomes increasingly more legal people should start having honest discussions about the implications of it's abuse. It gets seriously tiring when pompous intellectual snobs try to make you out to be a mouth breather if you ever criticize it but i personally think MJ abuse can indeed fuck you up. That's my opinion.

I know there are studies verifying adverse affects to some degree but anyways. What are your thoughts?
You sound like a bummer.

THC for the win!

Back