Something I Have Noticed About Long Term Pot Smokers

EL CORINTHIAN

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I'll keep this short and to the point. First off im not talking about people who decided to pick up smoking/vaping what ever, in their adulthood. This is more about the people who have been going hard since their teenage years and continue to do so well into their older age.

Things i have noticed

What i have noticed about a lot of them is that they are EXTREMELY introverted to the point of self inflicted isolation and display some serious bipolar like behavior where they cannot control their emotions. Debates usually conjure up the bipolarity in emotions, specifically anger. Lastly and the worst thing that i have noticed is an extreme pessimistic outlook on literally everything. Trying to console these people even in the face of a relatively minor issue and the world is turning upside down and there is always some mechanism through which their lives will be held down without being able to break free. They are basically emo's when it comes to dealing with adversity and on their outlook on life.

Once more this is about the people who have been smoking from REALLY young. Im very libertarian on the topic of weed and generally don't see it to be an issue but i think as time unravels and weed becomes increasingly more legal people should start having honest discussions about the implications of it's abuse. It gets seriously tiring when pompous intellectual snobs try to make you out to be a mouth breather if you ever criticize it but i personally think MJ abuse can indeed fuck you up. That's my opinion.

I know there are studies verifying adverse affects to some degree but anyways. What are your thoughts?

giphy.gif

But also me:
giphy.gif

You abuse anything long enough and it's gonna have adverse side effects, I don't care what anyone says about pot being harmless and non addictive.

Christ, can you believe this fucking mouthbreather?

You abuse anything long enough and it's gonna have adverse side effects, I don't care what anyone says about pot being harmless and non addictive.

Well yeah

I get pretty pissed when I don't have any cigs

Anything can set me off

Maybe a high number of people who are naturally like that self medicate with herb.
I know a lot of long term smokers with diverse personalities and levels of success

Friends from back home who started smoking young now work menial jobs and some might even still live their parents...

Maybe a high number of people who are naturally like that self medicate with herb.
I know a lot of long term smokers with diverse personalities and levels of success

How many of them started from a younger age?

Whats a younger age?

I started smoking when I was 18
I would say about 16-18. They say that it affects the brain in its developmental stages. From a lot of the people i have known who started really young they are all like this to some degree.

I also noticed that. Imo there's definitely some anti-social side effects. I noticed most often them isolating themselves but acting as total weirdos or acting angry/anxious/unstable too. There's also another social effect of them having a tendency to be became underachievers in the long run. I'm very anti drug and anti drug culture. I think it's a mistake to legalize pot but we'll only see the effects on society in a few decades. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

I also noticed that. Imo there's definitely some anti-social side effects. I noticed most often them isolating themselves but acting as total weirdos or acting angry/anxious/unstable too. There's also another social effect of them having a tendency to be became underachievers in the long run. I'm very anti drug and anti drug culture. I think it's a mistake to legalize pot but we'll only see the effects on society in a few decades. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Smoking weed makes you less motivated to do anything

Whether that be hang out with people or go to work

Its not really a social drug like drinking or cocaine is

Weed is a downer so its going to bring you down

I think someone described smoking weed perfectly as: Weed makes it okay to be bored.

Definitely harshing that mellow is gonna have untoward effects. I think El Corinthian is 100% correct, but that's also because he frames himself as being highly anecdotal. One thing to consider is that a rampant weed smoker may not always look like this:

Untitled-1.jpg

And so may fly under (or is it over when it comes to weed?) the radar, so to speak.

Smoking weed makes you less motivated to do anything

Whether that be hang out with people or go to work

Its not really a social drug like drinking or cocaine is

Weed is a downer so its going to bring you down

You my no friend have no idea what you are talking about...

Probably a, I tried it but wasn't for me person. And that's fine.

Just saying,

When it comes to weed and group settings, you have no idea what you are talking talking about...

And this is coming from an alcoholic

You my no friend have no idea what you are talking about...

Probably a, I tried it but wasn't for me person. And that's fine.

Just saying,

When it comes to weed and group settings, you have no idea what you are talking talking about...

And this is coming from an alcoholic

Shit,

I mean meth...

That's it, meth.

That's what we are talking about this week.

You probably are wrong. The reason I say that is because Marijuana has long been one of America's largest cash crops. What you see right now is the result of millions and millions of people who have been smoking pot for decades. Legalization has very little to do with it. People have been smoking metric tons of weed for a long time now.

Tried it for the first time at 13, 1995.

Started smoking it habitually at 15.

<Fedor23>

Back