Something I Have Noticed About Long Term Pot Smokers

You my no friend have no idea what you are talking about...

Probably a, I tried it but wasn't for me person. And that's fine.

Just saying,

When it comes to weed and group settings, you have no idea what you are talking talking about...

And this is coming from an alcoholic

I think I do know what I'm talking about

I smoke a lot of weed and I've been around a lot of pot smokers

At age 31 you are not partaking in many group sessions

All the long term pot smokers I knew are long dead. That stuff will kill you.

Most people don't need a drug that makes them dumber and eat more.

But fuck it's fun

What you're saying is true, but I think it's more that people with those personality issues gravitate towards weed.

I've struggled with those issues myself, but in recent years I've made huge progress although I still smoke. What needed to change was my mindset, particularly when it comes to adversity.

I don't try to run or hide from it anymore. I meet it head on, knowing when I get through whatever the obstacle is I will only be stronger. The hard times and new challenges will never stop, I just need to become a better.and stronger person that can overcome them.

:meow:

I'll keep this short and to the point. First off im not talking about people who decided to pick up smoking/vaping what ever, in their adulthood. This is more about the people who have been going hard since their teenage years and continue to do so well into their older age.
That's me!

Things i have noticed
What i have noticed about a lot of them is that they are EXTREMELY introverted to the point of self inflicted isolation and display some serious bipolar like behavior where they cannot control their emotions.
Rude, and stupid.
Debates usually conjure up the bipolarity in emotions, specifically anger.
You think you sound smart but there's no debate, retarded jackass troll.
Lastly and the worst thing that i have noticed is an extreme pessimistic outlook on literally everything. Trying to console these people even in the face of a relatively minor issue and the world is turning upside down and there is always some mechanism through which their lives will be held down without being able to break free. They are basically emo's when it comes to dealing with adversity and on their outlook on life.

Once more this is about the people who have been smoking from REALLY young. Im very libertarian on the topic of weed and generally don't see it to be an issue but i think as time unravels and weed becomes increasingly more legal people should start having honest discussions about the implications of it's abuse. It gets seriously tiring when pompous intellectual snobs try to make you out to be a mouth breather if you ever criticize it but i personally think MJ abuse can indeed fuck you up. That's my opinion.

I know there are studies verifying adverse affects to some degree but anyways. What are your thoughts?
It makes me cool and attractive.
I'm smarter than people who don't smoke it. It cures cancer. You can make wholesome medicines and salves and pastes and creams and suchlike

Don't be a hater. Smoke grass if you want to be hip.

What you are describing are filipino IT guys

I don't try to run or hide from it anymore. I meet it head on, knowing when I get through whatever the obstacle is I will only be stronger. The hard times and new challenges will never stop, I just need to become a better.and stronger person that can overcome them.

:meow:

Meanwhile, after you leave the room:

"Lol did you see how red his eyes were?"

"Fucking stoners. 'Hurr durr inspiring message bruh'"

Non stoners have always hated stoners and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Meanwhile, after you leave the room:

"Lol did you see how red his eyes were?"

"Fucking stoners. 'Hurr durr inspiring message bruh'"

Non stoners have always hated stoners and I doubt that will change anytime soon.
Lol I don't know where you live that there's a social divide like that, but it's never been like that anywhere I've lived.

Most people would never know I smoke since I don't talk about it. Only friends know.

If you laugh at the sight of someone smoking weed on tv....you're probably poor.

Idk what kind of stoners you guys hang around with lmao. Most of the long term smokers I know don’t give a shit about petty things enough to get legimitately riled up, unless of course it’s personal stuff(family, relationships, shit like that). They don’t get emotional over petty things or politics. They just like to smoke like people like to drink, workout or do whatever. Only side effect I’ve noticed is making people lazy or less motivated to go out. I myself probably smoke a couple times a year, maybe a dozen times total in the last 5 years fwiw.

Long term smoker here.

I smoke a joint a day during the week and maybe 3 or 4 Friday and Saturday night depending on what I'm up to on any given weekend. I'm not sure where that places me on the scale between casual and hardcore.

What I do know is that I'm moderately functional in society in that I have a good secure job, pay a mortgage on my house (which is more house than I need but well inside my budget), and have a wife that is a genuinely good person and has a great career.

I know quite a few smokers that are in the same boat.

Maybe your sample size is too small and the anti-social weirdos are just more prevalent in your neck of the woods.

when you self medicate with drugs at an age where you really develop into an adult, you become stunted and often don't learn how to cope with things like a normal person should. I started smoking consistently at a young age and had a lot of these problems but as soon as I got my shi t together and learned to deal with my problems and grow as a person they gradually went away. I'm sure they have some affect on the brain but I believe it's more about actually using the drug to deal with problems and situations rather than learning to deal with them head on.

You can substitute weed with any drug at that age and they would still have these problems you speak of

You abuse anything long enough and it's gonna have adverse side effects, I don't care what anyone says about pot being harmless and non addictive.
yup this why I quit drinking it changes your brain even after you quit you have to deal with withdrawal symptoms of anxiety and depression which also happens when you withdrawal from weed.

I smoked daily for many many years. It’s definitely an insidious substance. It makes you convinced that you need it to help deal with your anxiety. Once you quit for several months, then the anxiety goes away. Then you realize that it was the cause of the anxiety in the first place, or was at a minimum able to act as a propellant for it.

I think you basically kinda have the right idea. Long term weed smoking (especially starting in the teenage years! Damn) is definitely bad for you.

However, I think you're missing the concept that the people who are still smoking a lot when they're older are messed up folks who would be introverts anyways. Like, the 'still smoking a lot in late 30s/40s' crowd would be way introverted regardless of whether they smoke or not, they have internal issues. Weirdos are attracted to smoking lots of weed, not that weed makes normal people into weirdos. If that makes sense

I quit smoking weed a while back as it was having a detrimental impact on my mental health. Probably due to me not being sensible with it. I smoked for a few 3/4 years frequently as an adult.

But I know people who can't get out of bed in the morning until they've had their 1st spliff.
These are people who have smoked it since they were like 14 though.

Strangely they now function better with it.

I smoked daily for many many years. It’s definitely an insidious substance. It makes you convinced that you need it to help deal with your anxiety. Once you quit for several months, then the anxiety goes away. Then you realize that it was the cause of the anxiety in the first place, or was at a minimum able to act as a propellant for it.
I think this is another parallel comparison that can be made between beer and weed or other drugs the saying in A.A I heard was "borrowing happiness from tomorrow".

been smoking weed regularly with only a maximum of a few weeks off every now and then since my early teenage years and have been both very social and very isolated over the years, I think you are conflating causation with correlation, it seems to me that introverted people are attracted to weed not introverted as a result of it, although there may be some synergistic effect going on here

Back