Something I Have Noticed About Long Term Pot Smokers

I also noticed that. Imo there's definitely some anti-social side effects. I noticed most often them isolating themselves but acting as total weirdos or acting angry/anxious/unstable too. There's also another social effect of them having a tendency to be became underachievers in the long run. I'm very anti drug and anti drug culture. I think it's a mistake to legalize pot but we'll only see the effects on society in a few decades. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.
What are your thoughts on alcohol? Are they similar?
I feel like, in moderation, most mind altering substance are fine. Excluding opioids and methamphetamines, or other highly addictive substances. Mostly, I feel like psychedelics, marijuana, and alcohol are all okay to be consumed by responsible adults. Overall, alcohol is way more destructive, harmful, and addictive than marijuana could ever be. But consumed responsibly it is relatively harmless.
Care to share your thoughts?

Ah, highdeas. We've all had highdeas. Duuuddeeeeeee.

Here is what I found from the government of Canada's website about the topic

Mental health effects
In some people, cannabis use increases the risk of developing mental illnesses such as psychosis or schizophrenia, especially those who:

• start using cannabis at a young age
  • use cannabis frequently (daily or almost every day)
  • have a personal or family history of psychosis and/or schizophrenia
Frequent cannabis use has also been associated with an increased risk of:

• suicide
  • depression
  • anxiety disorders
https://www.canada.ca/en/health-can...on/cannabis/health-effects/mental-health.html

So I know my observations are rooted in anecdotes but appearently I'm not the only person/institution that seems to think so.

I would say about 16-18. They say that it affects the brain in its developmental stages. From a lot of the people i have known who started really young they are all like this to some degree.

I started at 16 right before I turned 17. I'm mid 30's now. Smoking everyday pretty much from that point on. None of that stuff really applies to me at all. Especially the pessimistic stuff sometimes I feel like I'm to happy.

I've become more isolationist lately but that has nothing to do with weed and more to do with my time. I wake up at 5:15 am go to BJJ come home eat breakfast go to work. Come spend time with my son maybe get 1 hour of video games if that and go to bed rinse\repeat MWF. Tuesday\Thursday I lift weights and get to wake up at 6:30 those days. So on weekends yea I don't really want to go hang out with anyone I want to play video games with my cousin online or single player games.

Everyone's different though and I've meet very few people who've been able to do what I do. Then again people like me aren't advertising they are heavy pot smokers so I could be running into these people all the time and not even know it. I do know that out of all my group of friends that I grew up doing drugs with very few of them did anything worthwhile. None of them except 1 are doing as well as me and that's only financially everything else in his life sucks. Physically I would not want to be him (to skinny not an overweight thing). The rest have horrible jobs, one of them from what his on again off again GF says has a drinking problem (once saw him chug a bottle of vodka like water). The girls have kids and no fathers around and horrible jobs or no job at all.

I'll keep this short and to the point. First off im not talking about people who decided to pick up smoking/vaping what ever, in their adulthood. This is more about the people who have been going hard since their teenage years and continue to do so well into their older age.

Things i have noticed

What i have noticed about a lot of them is that they are EXTREMELY introverted to the point of self inflicted isolation and display some serious bipolar like behavior where they cannot control their emotions. Debates usually conjure up the bipolarity in emotions, specifically anger. Lastly and the worst thing that i have noticed is an extreme pessimistic outlook on literally everything. Trying to console these people even in the face of a relatively minor issue and the world is turning upside down and there is always some mechanism through which their lives will be held down without being able to break free. They are basically emo's when it comes to dealing with adversity and on their outlook on life.

Once more this is about the people who have been smoking from REALLY young. Im very libertarian on the topic of weed and generally don't see it to be an issue but i think as time unravels and weed becomes increasingly more legal people should start having honest discussions about the implications of it's abuse. It gets seriously tiring when pompous intellectual snobs try to make you out to be a mouth breather if you ever criticize it but i personally think MJ abuse can indeed fuck you up. That's my opinion.

I know there are studies verifying adverse affects to some degree but anyways. What are your thoughts?

Thats why you get a Lil' hah.

What are your thoughts on alcohol? Are they similar?
I feel like, in moderation, most mind altering substance are fine. Excluding opioids and methamphetamines, or other highly addictive substances. Mostly, I feel like psychedelics, marijuana, and alcohol are all okay to be consumed by responsible adults. Overall, alcohol is way more destructive, harmful, and addictive than marijuana could ever be. But consumed responsibly it is relatively harmless.
Care to share your thoughts?
My views are rather similar, yes. I don't drink or do drugs (i had a beer last NYE, my first drink in years, I don't think that counts lol). I don't care what people do with their bodies but I do care about the social consequences of their choices. And I care a lot about poor choices becoming socially accepted.

What I mean is, in a very simplistic way, if my neighbor is a pot head I don't care but what if the majority of my neighbors are pot heads? How would that affect me? Because it most certainly would. That's the thing I worry about! I'm talking about the future here, if doing weed or some other drug becomes socially accepted and consequently common (sort of like booze) how would that affect us as a society? I don't think it will be a positive change. I really don't.

You say alcohol is more destructive and you're right. With alcohol the consequences are immediate. Meaning, when people are drunk they lose their filter and that can result in a lot of different things. From doing something silly to doing something illegal. It can go from running naked around the block, to picking up a fight, to driving drunk, to thinking it's okay to rape. Alcohol has the power to ruin lives. With weed, on the other hand, we tend to think it isn't destructive because 1) it's not immediate and 2) it doesn't affect a third party. Have you ever thought about that? It only affects the user. And it might take longer, and it might be less traumatic but eventually the destruction happens. At one point it becomes obvious to every one around the user that he/she is damaged goods. Otherwise we wouldn't have this thread. So in terms of destruction... yeah alcohol is worst but that doesn't mean pot isn't bad. It can also destroy and it you can bet your ass it can ruin lives, just not as dramatic as alcohol, heroine or some other shit.

And just an observation, no need to reply to that but moderation is tricky. What's snorting coke in moderation? I honestly don't know. lol People react differently to substances and people have different ideas of moderation. One of my cousins is a crack head, I'm sure his idea of moderation is ludicrous and would probably kill me lmao

20lU.gif

Do people still claim it's non-addictive? It might not be on crack's level but it's addictive as shit.

I'll keep this short and to the point. First off im not talking about people who decided to pick up smoking/vaping what ever, in their adulthood. This is more about the people who have been going hard since their teenage years and continue to do so well into their older age.

Things i have noticed

What i have noticed about a lot of them is that they are EXTREMELY introverted to the point of self inflicted isolation and display some serious bipolar like behavior where they cannot control their emotions. Debates usually conjure up the bipolarity in emotions, specifically anger. Lastly and the worst thing that i have noticed is an extreme pessimistic outlook on literally everything. Trying to console these people even in the face of a relatively minor issue and the world is turning upside down and there is always some mechanism through which their lives will be held down without being able to break free. They are basically emo's when it comes to dealing with adversity and on their outlook on life.

Once more this is about the people who have been smoking from REALLY young. Im very libertarian on the topic of weed and generally don't see it to be an issue but i think as time unravels and weed becomes increasingly more legal people should start having honest discussions about the implications of it's abuse. It gets seriously tiring when pompous intellectual snobs try to make you out to be a mouth breather if you ever criticize it but i personally think MJ abuse can indeed fuck you up. That's my opinion.

I know there are studies verifying adverse affects to some degree but anyways. What are your thoughts?
MJ doesn't fuck you up. That's just the symptom. What fucks you up is being assimilated into a consumer driven society where human potential is devalued in favor of lifeless things and lifeless patterns.

I have noticed that they also never amount to anything.

A lot of people I've known. Also alot of people in this thread are arguing the opposite by using themselves and their own experiences. Care to interject on the front as well?

You do sound emotionally invested however.
Too much of a particular thing can be bad for you.
Alcohol, suger, meth, water, fat, sun, sex, exercise, masturbation, sherdog, women, men, little boys, kittens...

Yeah most people get it, some don't, some don't give a fuck.
What you wanna do about it?

I think the first point about bi-polar like behavior comes from the fact that multiple studies have linked marijuana to bringing out latent elements of or increasing psychosis in those that are inflicted with it.

Nothing against weed , hopefully I never smoke it . Not into the idea of getting high of anything . I want sober reality to be the only one I know . But girls gotta stop !!! Smoking that shit if y’all hanging . Or find the right strain . Hanging with some girl she smoked some shit called gorilla glue I could never fuck with her agian . She just got quiet af and just looked around . No joke she said no words and eyes were so red. I just dipped shit really killed the whole vibe . I’m not finna touch nobody who is stuck !!!

daily pot smoker 20+ years
masters degree
socially acceptable
i do everything high except go to work
have GF
am happy

dealwithit.jpg

Back