Something I Have Noticed About Long Term Pot Smokers

I like smoking and do it fairly consistently, although in pretty small amounts. I think weed is more versatile than it is being given credit for. You can be social, active and productive while high--sometimes I smoke a joint and go for a 6 mile run or a nice swim in the lake, other times I smoke a bit & drink wine when go out, if I don't feel like getting smashed.

With that being said, a lot of people do really lame shit when they get high, like play video games/watch some fucking cartoons and eat pizza. Weed can really get you into this couch potato mindset, which in the long run makes you feel lazy, crappy and annoyed. On top of that, getting high becomes especially tempting if you aren't doing much with your life, and as such it's not that hard to end up wasting away your days smoking pot and doing nothing. Finally, if you smoke too much, too often you become a bit less sharp, focused and motivated.

07-on-dope.gif

I think I do know what I'm talking about

I smoke a lot of weed and I've been around a lot of pot smokers

At age 31 you are not partaking in many group sessions

...I'm 31?

Thank you

Thank you good lad.

been smoking weed regularly with only a maximum of a few weeks off every now and then since my early teenage years and have been both very social and very isolated over the years, I think you are conflating causation with correlation, it seems to me that introverted people are attracted to weed not introverted as a result of it, although there may be some synergistic effect going on here
Im gonna have to disagree with you here. All the people in question were highly extroverted socialites. Literally could not be seen at home for any meaningful amount of time but over the years they became polar opposites. In my opinion that's absolutely because of weed.

When you invoke paranoia on a daily basis and associate home as a safe space, that's the weed talking. Do it enough times at that stage in life and you start reinforcing some serious behavioral patterns.

I don't try to run or hide from it anymore. I meet it head on, knowing when I get through whatever the obstacle is I will only be stronger. The hard times and new challenges will never stop, I just need to become a better.and stronger person that can overcome them.

That's the spirit!

All your friends were super outgoing and extroverted and then they all wern't?

Maybe the common denominator is you and not bud. Maybe they are all hanging out together having a blast and just telling you that they are staying home for the night so captain buzzkill doesnt show up wearing his judgemental outfit.
<NoneOfMy>

All your friends were super outgoing and extroverted and then they all wern't?

Maybe the common denominator is you and not bud. Maybe they are all hanging out together having a blast and just telling you that they are staying home for the night so captain buzzkill doesnt show up wearing his judgemental outfit.
<NoneOfMy>
<DontBelieve1>

And no just the ones that smoked pot from a young age.

Im gonna have to disagree with you here. All the people in question were highly extroverted socialites. Literally could not be seen at home for any meaningful amount of time but over the years they became polar opposites. In my opinion that's absolutely because of weed.

When you invoke paranoia on a daily basis and associate home as a safe space, that's the weed talking. Do it enough times at that stage in life and you start reinforcing some serious behavioral patterns.
do you think this phenomenon could be observed with the absence of weed? or do you really think this is only possible when smoking weed? how do you account for all the very social people who are constantly smoking weed?

do you think this phenomenon could be observed with the absence of weed? or do you really think this is only possible when smoking weed? how do you account for all the very social people who are constantly smoking weed?
If you are asking how I feel about every introverted person needing to be on weed than no I don't but if your asking about these individuals than yea it was the weed.

How do I account for those people? Same way in account for my own weed habit as a highly social person. By not abusing it from a young age.

I think someone described smoking weed perfectly as: Weed makes it okay to be bored.

Definitely harshing that mellow is gonna have untoward effects. I think El Corinthian is 100% correct, but that's also because he frames himself as being highly anecdotal. One thing to consider is that a rampant weed smoker may not always look like this:

Untitled-1.jpg

And so may fly under (or is it over when it comes to weed?) the radar, so to speak.
That's EXACTLY what it does. It makes being bored ok

Smoking weed makes you less motivated to do anything

Whether that be hang out with people or go to work

Its not really a social drug like drinking or cocaine is

Weed is a downer so its going to bring you down

A good sativa will motivate the shit out of you. Tons of energy and feeling like doing shit.

I know plenty of outgoing motivated professionals that smoke regularly. Could be the type of people you hang out with in general.

If you are asking how I feel about every introverted person needing to be on weed than no I don't but if your asking about these individuals than yea it was the weed.

How do I account for those people? Same way in account for my own weed habit as a highly social person. By not abusing it from a young age.
Something doesn't add up here... so only certain individuals who smoke weed from an early age become isolated introverts because of weed? I dunno if I buy that, makes more sense to me that the weed is a symptom of a bigger issue but you know these people better than me so could be wrong

"It's not addictive!"
"So stop."
"What? No!"

The strength of the marijuana being smoked is a factor is probably going to be a factor. Smoking a strong hybird strain every day is going to have a different effect than smoking something with a lot less THC. I think it also depends on when you start smoking it, if you're a young kid it's more likely to have a greater long term effect than if you're an adult as you're brain is still developing a lot, but then again I have no clue so you probably shouldn't bother reading this.

At age 31 you are not partaking in many group sessions

Well duh

But most of us arent in our moms basement we got bills and kids and jobs and shit

Longterm pot smoking is a mixed bag and its not for everyone but theres also tons of folks who just fly under the radar

I know plenty of outgoing motivated professionals that smoke regularly. Could be the type of people you hang out with in general.
I met more long term smokers working at microsoft than i have anywhere. Not many underachievers there.

It might exacerbate problems you already had though. That's for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Username Required LMAO
Back