Some Comparisons between Conor vs Aldo in GIFS (Big discrepancy in Skill,IQ,Defense)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mendes landed some good shots. Lost the fight, obvi, but showed that McG is very hittable.

We'll see what Aldo can do.

Every fighter is hittable.

It doesn't matter how great your defense is, you're going to get hit.

Mendes did land some shots on McGregor, but McGregor did a very good job at rolling with his punches, countering and also beating Mendes to the punch, as evidenced in the gifs in the OP.

Why do people talk about how McGregor is oh, so hittable on the feet, but never talk about Aldo?

Either people just want to be ignorant, or try to forget what happened in the Aldo/Mendes rematch or something.

In McGregor/Mendes, Mendes landed 13 times on McGregor on the feet in the first round. Against Aldo, he landed 25 times and one of those punches actually dropped Aldo, in the first round.

People talk about Conor being so hittable, even though Chad hit Aldo more times in the first round than he hit Conor.

Mendes proved that Aldo is just as hittable as McGregor is on the feet. He landed more on Aldo than he did on McGregor in the first, and dropped him.

Both have fine defense. They are both very good at defending their opponent's strikes. I guarantee that if Conor didn't keep his hands so low and kept them up and didn't rely on his overall movement to evade strikes, I bet people would be talking about how he has the best striking defense in the division.

McGregor keeps his hands down obviously because this is just his style, but it works to bait your opponents in and gives him counter opportunities. He doesn't do it for no reason. It's just his style and it has proven to work very well for him. You usually only see better strikers do this because they are good enough to get away with it. Take Muhammad Ali for example (I'm not saying Conor is as good as Ali), he kept his hands low and used his overall movement most of the time to avoid being hit and used it to open up counter opportunities. Ali was still very hittable, though. He did have good defense, countering ability, etc, but he was still quite hittable. Everybody is hittable, no matter how great your striking defense is, everybody is hittable and they will get hit no matter what.

The evidence is there. You can watch the fight and look at the statistics.

Aldo is very hittable.

We'll see what McGregor can do.

Last edited:
Good eye TC. Fuk the haters.
Thank you my brother

And yep fuck Sherdog Conor haters up the ass with broken glass.

Conor haters like mikekoz68 and BWC, and more in this thread etc are truly delusional. They def have some kind of mentall illness. Their "re-tellings" of the gifs, and in how they interpreted it, are really disturbing troubling signs of mental illness. I cant even imagine how these people view life

Conor haters are the worst. They let their delusions/hate of Conor blind them.

Mendes' shot was absolutely NOT a meager shot. Look at the step he takes into that hook -- that is a hard shot with his weight behind it. You should be talking about the positive of Conor's chin and Mendes' shot moreso that how Mendes' shot was "meager". You sound like an idiot when you do that.

Dude why did you post this again for a second time, lol.

that was a grazing counter and he got hit by a clean hook right after

it may not have even been a counter he could have been intending to throw that punch anyway

tumblr_mjqbjeFgNC1s8spqco1_500.gif

Jesus! Give it a fucking rest already. Your posts are the same bullshit over and over.

Someone wasteland this regurgitated garbage. Please!

Really, I remember him throwing like 7 elbows from his back. The first round, most of his strikes were on the feet.

Sequences like this "never happened" in "their minds"

adP2h1S_zpsmpdqmmi3.gif~original

Also the irony being that most of Mendes strikes were ground strikes

Last edited:
Thank you my brother

And yep fuck Sherdog Conor haters up the ass with broken glass.

Conor haters like mikekoz68 and BWC, and more in this thread etc are truly delusional. They def have some kind of mentall illness. Their "re-tellings" of the gifs, and in how they interpreted it, are really disturbing troubling signs of mental illness. I cant even imagine how these people view life

Conor haters are the worst. They let their delusions/hate of Conor blind them.

You feel inclined to make the same Conor thread every week and you have the audacity to call someone mentally ill? I hate to break it to you but you have -----> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_worship_syndrome

1,000 of your posts are about Rhonda. Pot meet kettle.

Nice try. I don't start threads about the same bullshit over and over again. Rousey just fought, of course I'm going to comment about her fight.

Mendes' shot was absolutely NOT a meager shot. Look at the step he takes into that hook -- that is a hard shot with his weight behind it. You should be talking about the positive of Conor's chin and Mendes' shot moreso that how Mendes' shot was "meager". You sound like an idiot when you do that.
Conor's chin had nothing to do with it. Dead give away you know NOTHING about what youre watching

Conor feels out what Mendes wants to do with lead hand probes, anticipates, and shots the left beating Mendes explosion with ease

Conor turns his shoulder in off that left to pre-emptively get into position to where hes able to slide Mendes right hand off his back with ease (great tech and defensive responsibility by Conor)

They are now so close, that Mendes left hook has NO momentum behind it. Mendes got clipped, his punch rolled off Conor's shoulder, and his next punch was smoothered, WHILE Conor moved in anticipation with it taking away what ever force was left

To those who are educated and actually know what they are watching, thats what was seen, and it was very impressive from Conor all around

Again, Mendes left hook was in close, smoothered, and Conor moved with it/rolled with it

Where as Conor's left landed in open space uncontested as Mendes came into it. It was a far superior shot mechnaically and technically. Mendes simply has a great chin and was saved by his chin.

Its Mendes who "could" be praised for his chin

BUT when it comes to skills, timing, IQ, efficiencey, defensive responsibility - thats all Conor, and those who actually know skill will praise Conor for showcasing all of that

You simply dont know shit about MMA and have NO IDEA what youre watching nor do you understand whats going on (typical of you Conor haters) Its why you cant appreciate Conor's skills or understand what hes doing

Last edited:
Holy shit dude, get a life!

dude cmon, the same thread...what is this the 3rd or 4th time within a week?

I'm glad you posted this because I had no idea Conor landed anything here, while I thought Chad landed twice. I didn't see Conor's left and I didn't see that Chad's right missed.

Regarding the force of Conor's straight punch against Chad's hook, I'm not sure who came out on top. They both looked like good but not great shots.

i thought this too, ty 4 the breakdown

Conors feet were planted when he hit Mendes and Mendes feet weren't even on the floor he was jumping when he hit Conor. The legs are where the power comes from in punching. Mendes punch looks more dramatic because Conor has longer hair.

Last edited:
Uhm, Conor hit him with a straight to the forehead, Mended caught him on the jaw with a hook. I think
Mendes won that exchange. Not that it means much.

Jones was never able to catch DC coming in with slick counters like that. Its night and day. Jones has terrible boxing

Conor's intial left counter on someone the caibre of Mendes then making Mendes miss 2 of 3, is very inpressive

Oh fuck off dipshit. If you were worth the effort I'd gif up an exchange where Jon tags dc as he's coming in. Same shit happened when Bigfoot fought hunt.

This typically happens when you have a great reach and height advantage...

Why were you not blowing your load on Jones? Is it because he's black? Or doesn't have a tiger tat?

The gif you showed shows a guy trying to get inside and he gets tagged so hard that he still manages to get one full off on Conor's head. If anything I'm impressed at Conor maintaining his range in the exchange preventing chad from staying inside.

This is the level of ignorance and delusion I was talking about from the Conor haters

How do you even respond to insane trolling like that ?

You could actually seem much more intelligent if you stopped typing, and just read posts from now on.

But you wont....

Uhm, Conor hit him with a straight to the forehead, Mended caught him on the jaw with a hook. I think
Mendes won that exchange. Not that it means much.

That left from Conor was across the eye.

Mendes left hook was in close, smoothered, Mendes didnt even have his feet under him lol, plus Conor moved with it/rolled with it taking away most of the force. It was a weak left hook all in all.

Where as Conor's left landed in open space uncontested as Mendes came into it. It was a far superior shot mechnaically and technically. Mendes simply has a great chin and was saved by his chin.*

Conor won that exchange statiatically too. 1 clean shot while making Mendes 2 of 3

TS, the problem is that educating these TUF nubs is difficult given that Conor is utilizing more advanced striking techniques (boxing in this case) to thwart Mendes' attempts in that sequence. Just because Conor didn't do a picture perfect roll, to them (the haters), that means he simply just didn't roll at all (lol). He was clearly moving his head and body AWAY from Chad's left hook before it even came close to touching his jaw. But, let them pretend that Mendes landed that smothered inside left hook with all his might. At this point it's comical to read given Mendes inability to even hurt Conor at all. His best shots were some elbows on the ground, most of which Conor stayed relaxed with and they did nothing, and a cut from a grazing punch courtesy of Mendes' glove which was only further opened by Chad digging into it on the ground (and Herb warning him several times and nearly deducting a point after giving him his final warning).

They've never seen anything like Conor's striking in MMA, it's foreign to his haters. They don't understand his technical nor tactical brilliance. It's frustrating, I know, but you simply can't educate those that only allow their hatred of the guy to blind them.

One of the most athletic guys to ever step foot into an MMA ring or cage, as explosive as they come, and by far the heaviest hitter in the division (aside from Conor), couldn't hurt McGregor at all. This must give them nightmares at night just knowing that when it comes time, what will Aldo really be able to do? If he can't sneak something real slick in then he's going to be taking a bloody beating on the feet, this we know. Aldo would be very wise to use his striking only briefly to set up his takedowns and then look to pass immediately (as Aldo always does). From there he has very realistic options of winning this fight. If he can't get Conor down and finish him before he's too beaten up then he'll be the one that's finished. Aldo's camp said that McGregor will turn into a wrestler after Conor said it about Aldo, which is funny, because we'll see what happens when they fight. Aldo will be the first guy trying to get a takedown because he knows what Conor brings in the standup is just too much to deal with.

Cool. Now go break down Takanori Gomi vs Nick Diaz. That was a good fight. We're tired of discussing this stupid bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back