Some Comparisons between Conor vs Aldo in GIFS (Big discrepancy in Skill,IQ,Defense)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine when Conor fights 5 rounds, TS will have an orgasm. With one exchange he is already in awe...

"So many gifs, so many exchanges, so many threads, what do I do??? Conor, Conor, wow, what was that? One more gif, four more threads!"

TS, the problem is that educating these TUF nubs is difficult given that Conor is utilizing more advanced striking techniques (boxing in this case) to thwart Mendes' attempts in that sequence. Just because Conor didn't do a picture perfect roll, to them (the haters), that means he simply just didn't roll at all (lol). He was clearly moving his head and body AWAY from Chad's left hook before it even came close to touching his jaw. But, let them pretend that Mendes landed that smothered inside left hook with all his might. At this point it's comical to read given Mendes inability to even hurt Conor at all. His best shots were some elbows on the ground, most of which Conor stayed relaxed with and they did nothing, and a cut from a grazing punch courtesy of Mendes' glove which was only further opened by Chad digging into it on the ground (and Herb warning him several times and nearly deducting a point after giving him his final warning).

They've never seen anything like Conor's striking in MMA, it's foreign to his haters. They don't understand his technical nor technical brilliance. It's frustrating, I know, but you simply can't educate those that only allow their hatred of the guy to blind them.

One of the most athletic guys to ever step foot into an MMA ring or cage, as explosive as they come, and by far the heaviest hitter in the division (aside from Conor), couldn't hurt McGregor at all. This must give them nightmares at night just knowing that when it comes time, what will Aldo really be able to do? If he can't sneak something real slick in then he's going to be taking a bloody beating on the feet, this we know. Aldo would be very wise to use his striking only briefly to set up his takedowns and then look to pass immediately (as Aldo always does). From there he has very realistic options of winning this fight. If he can't get Conor down and finish him before he's too beaten up then he'll be the one that's finished. Aldo's camp said that McGregor will turn into a wrestler after Conor said it about Aldo, which is funny, because we'll see what happens when they fight. Aldo will be the first guy trying to get a takedown because he knows what Conor brings in the standup is just too much to deal with.

It's amazing you managed to type this while choking on his... nevermind, that's beside the point.

What makes Conor different from the hundreds of elite boxers, kickboxers, and Muay Thai fighters that have been in MMA? Conor is another good striker, of course, but y'all act like he created the entire sport of boxing. Y'all look like fucking idiots.

Oh fuck off dipshit. If you were worth the effort I'd gif up an exchange where Jon tags dc as he's coming in. Same shit happened when Bigfoot fought hunt.

This typically happens when you have a great reach and height advantage...

Why were you not blowing your load on Jones? Is it because he's black? Or doesn't have a tiger tat?

The gif you showed shows a guy trying to get inside and he gets tagged so hard that he still manages to get one full off on Conor's head. If anything I'm impressed at Conor maintaining his range in the exchange preventing chad from staying inside.
You need to calm down you irrate clown

It has nothing to do with "simply catching fighters coming in"

That happens all the time

Its the WAY Conor sets it up and how he still neutralizes and controls

Retard

Look at how Conor feels Mendes out with lead hand probes

Mendes explodes on the 2nd probe, so Conor feeling it out, quickly shoots the left beating him with ease

And because of how he turned his shoulder in off his left hes able to roll Mendes right hand off his back

That was exquisite. Show me another MMA gif with that level of IQ, timing, skill, and defensive responsibility AGAINST A BEAST LIKE MENDES?

You WILL NEVER find any gifs from Jones exhibiting anything like that l. Jones is a terrible striker and was getting tagged and boxed up by DC. Jones won by literal wall n stall and knees. Jones has zero countering abilities, zero ability to stay in the pocket and make people miss and land etc.

Its posts like yours that are THRASH
giphy.gif

u got rekt in the last thread m8 why copy paste a new one

You mispelled "wrecked" but i know you think it's cute because you saw another person spell it like that on the Internet. such a good little parrot - sheep

It's amazing you managed to type this while choking on his... nevermind, that's beside the point.

Right, "Slick".

What makes Conor different from the hundreds of elite boxers, kickboxers, and Muay Thai fighters that have been in MMA? Conor is another good striker, of course, but y'all act like he created the entire sport of boxing. Y'all look like fucking idiots.

How many of these elite strikers from kickboxing and boxing grabbed UFC titles (interim or undisputed/full), especially in the last say 10 years? I'll wait... just give me a list is all. Nice strawfail too. When these elite strikers can learn that striking in MMA is different than what they do in their own individual sports, maybe then they'll have some more success.

Joanna J. is a great example of one of those elite kickboxers that made it to the gold recently. That's to help you start your list.

Every fighter is hittable.

It doesn't matter how great your defense is, you're going to get hit.

Mendes did land some shots on McGregor, but McGregor did a very good job at rolling with his punches, countering and also beating Mendes to the punch, as evidenced in the gifs in the OP.

Why do people talk about how McGregor is oh, so hittable on the feet, but never talk about Aldo?

Either people just want to be ignorant, or try to forget what happened in the Aldo/Mendes rematch or something.

In McGregor/Mendes, Mendes landed 13 times on McGregor on the feet in the first round. Against Aldo, he landed 25 times and one of those punches actually dropped Aldo, in the first round.

People talk about Conor being so hittable, even though Chad hit Aldo more times in the first round than he hit Conor.

Mendes proved that Aldo is just as hittable as McGregor is on the feet. He landed more on Aldo than he did on McGregor in the first, and dropped him.

Both have fine defense. They are both very good at defending their opponent's strikes. I guarantee that if Conor didn't keep his hands so low and kept them up and didn't rely on his overall movement to evade strikes, I bet people would be talking about how he has the best striking defense in the division.

McGregor keeps his hands down obviously because this is just his style, but it works to bait your opponents in and gives him counter opportunities. He doesn't do it for no reason. It's just his style and it has proven to work very well for him. You usually only see better strikers do this because they are good enough to get away with it. Take Muhammad Ali for example (I'm not saying Conor is as good as Ali), he kept his hands low and used his overall movement most of the time to avoid being hit and used it to open up counter opportunities. Ali was still very hittable, though. He did have good defense, countering ability, etc, but he was still quite hittable. Everybody is hittable, no matter how great your striking defense is, everybody is hittable and they will get hit no matter what.

The evidence is there. You can watch the fight and look at the statistics.

Aldo is very hittable.

We'll see what McGregor can do.
Bizarrely overthought post. Did anybody say Aldo can't be hit?

You guys seriously need to calm down, lol.

Bizarrely overthought post. Did anybody say Aldo can't be hit?

Most of his fans (you, apparently) act like his defense is "perfect". It's been said numerous times, do a search on it if you like. That should answer your question as to why That209 had to remind you guys that Aldo is quite hittable.

You WILL NEVER find any gifs from Jones exhibiting anything like that l. Jones is a terrible striker and was getting tagged and boxed up by DC. Jones won by literal wall n stall and knees. Jones has zero countering abilities, zero ability to stay in the pocket and make people miss and land etc.
Lmao Jones isn't a kickboxer, his striking is all flash, completely lacks the basics. That said, Conor isn't 1/4 the fighter that Jones is. His wrestling is pathetic compared to Jon's. Jon has beaten monster after monster, not always at their prime but some were and hungry. Conor is a paper champion with glaring flaws in his game.

You need to calm down you irrate clown

It has nothing to do with "simply catching fighters coming in"

That happens all the time

Its the WAY Conor sets it up and how he still neutralizes and controls

Retard

Look at how Conor feels Mendes out with lead hand probes

Mendes explodes on the 2nd probe, so Conor feeling it out, quickly shoots the left beating him with ease

And because of how he turned his shoulder in off his left hes able to roll Mendes right hand off his back

That was exquisite. Show me another gif with that level of IQ, timing, skill, and defensive responsibility?

You WILL NEVER find any gifs from Jones exhibiting anything like that. Jones is a terrible striker and was getting tagged and boxed up by DC. Jones won by literal wall n pray and knees. Jones has zero countering abilities, zero ability to stay in the pocket and make people miss and land etc.

then why didn't Conor sidestep and jab? Anderson did it all the time. Gsp has done it...fuck your over analyzing because you can't come to terms with the fact that stumpy won an exchange on the feet. You can repeat this threaduntilyou finally get banned but your only embarrassing yourself, while at the same time annoying the rest of us...including people who genuinely like Conor.

Conor won because a gased Mendes went for a sub and Conor was great enough with bjj to recognize it and escape. Had Mendes just stayed in guard for the rest of the round who knows what would have happened as I am still not sold on Conor's gas tank.

Now do everyone a favour and stop embarrassing Conor fans.

Aldo couldn't stop mendes in 5, while conor stopped in under 2. Mendes hurt aldo on numerous occassions. Yes, let's see if aldo can take connor's left hand missle. haha. I'm doubting it. This will be a late 2nd round stoppage.

He stopped a full camp mendes in 1 round ???

Aldo and Conor are both quite hittable, which means their fight will be a barn burner. Both of them want it so bad. Can't wait.

Most of his fans (you, apparently) act like his defense is "perfect". It's been said numerous times, do a search on it if you like. That should answer your question as to why That209 had to remind you guys that Aldo is quite hittable.
No, not really. But I guess you guys could direct me to the overwhelming evidence of people calling Aldo unhittable and I'll withdraw the 'bizarre' label. Til then.

Not sure what's happening around here, but fans are getting creepy as fuck, fanatical, comically partisan, etc etc.

Right, "Slick".

How many of these elite strikers from kickboxing and boxing grabbed UFC titles (interim or undisputed/full), especially in the last say 10 years? I'll wait... just give me a list is all. Nice strawfail too. When these elite strikers can learn that striking in MMA is different than what they do in their own individual sports, maybe then they'll have some more success.

Joanna J. is a great example of one of those elite kickboxers that made it to the gold recently. That's to help you start your list.

Strikers who have won championships?

Maurice Smith
Bas Rutten
Tim Sylvia
Andrei Arlovski
Shane Carwin (Interim)
Vitor Belfort
Chuck Liddell
Lyoto Machia
Shogun
Anderson Silva
Carlos Condit (Interim)
Robbie Lawler
Jens Pulver
Anthony Pettis
Jose Aldo
Dominick Cruz
Renan Barao
And Crocop deserves a mention as the best sprawl and brawl fighter that we've seen in the sport.

No, not really. But I guess you guys could direct me to the overwhelming evidence of people calling Aldo unhittable and I'll withdraw the 'bizarre' label. Til then.

Not sure what's happening around here, but fans are getting creepy as fuck, fanatical, comically partisan, etc etc.

Yeah, it's getting weirder and weirder. It's like Sherdog has become a high school cafeteria.

I feel like you made the exact same thread at least 3 times.

TS, the problem is that educating these TUF nubs is difficult given that Conor is utilizing more advanced striking techniques (boxing in this case) to thwart Mendes' attempts in that sequence. Just because Conor didn't do a picture perfect roll, to them (the haters), that means he simply just didn't roll at all (lol). He was clearly moving his head and body AWAY from Chad's left hook before it even came close to touching his jaw. But, let them pretend that Mendes landed that smothered inside left hook with all his might. At this point it's comical to read given Mendes inability to even hurt Conor at all. His best shots were some elbows on the ground, most of which Conor stayed relaxed with and they did nothing, and a cut from a grazing punch courtesy of Mendes' glove which was only further opened by Chad digging into it on the ground (and Herb warning him several times and nearly deducting a point after giving him his final warning).

They've never seen anything like Conor's striking in MMA, it's foreign to his haters. They don't understand his technical nor tactical brilliance. It's frustrating, I know, but you simply can't educate those that only allow their hatred of the guy to blind them.

One of the most athletic guys to ever step foot into an MMA ring or cage, as explosive as they come, and by far the heaviest hitter in the division (aside from Conor), couldn't hurt McGregor at all. This must give them nightmares at night just knowing that when it comes time, what will Aldo really be able to do? If he can't sneak something real slick in then he's going to be taking a bloody beating on the feet, this we know. Aldo would be very wise to use his striking only briefly to set up his takedowns and then look to pass immediately (as Aldo always does). From there he has very realistic options of winning this fight. If he can't get Conor down and finish him before he's too beaten up then he'll be the one that's finished. Aldo's camp said that McGregor will turn into a wrestler after Conor said it about Aldo, which is funny, because we'll see what happens when they fight. Aldo will be the first guy trying to get a takedown because he knows what Conor brings in the standup is just too much to deal with.

Beautiful post my brother. You covered it perfectly

Those who know skill can admire and appreciate Conor's skills and technical wizardry/mastery

Those who have no clue what they are watching and know nothing about techniques/tactics, will continue to downplay Conor, allowing their dislike to blind them to his skills. But its the arrogance in their ignorance that is astounding. They are literally ill

Anyway, if you dont mind, can you gif something for me?

I think it occurs in the middle half of the 1st (Conor vs Mendes)

Mendes fakes a level change to try and set up an uppercut against Conor

Conor sees the fake, reacts, and simply hops back , making Mendes wiff air on that uppercut. Its effortless from Conor

Yet on the other hand Mendes landed that same level change fake to uppercut set up REPEATEDLY ON ALDO.

At no point did Aldo ever catch on or adjust to it. Every time he simply stood there in front of Mendes like if his feet were paralyzed, biting on the fake and eating the uppercut every time

I want to gif both and compare to really show the discrepancy in IQ between Aldo and Conor

Sure Aldo is phenomenal at his style, but that style is still way too basic and predictable for Conor

Conor is going to have a field day timing Aldo, setting up him and landing, countering his jab, NOT being there in front of Aldo for Aldo to land, switching up his speeds, tempo, and attacks so well that Aldo never has a clue and always has difficulty reading/timimg Conor or reacting etc

It will be like everyone who else who fought Conor. Complete striking clinic and technical out classing

Last edited:
Come on Got GOAT, tell me why Conor is different than any of those fighters? What is he doing new? He's good, but we've seen better guys come in to the sport before. Your posts are creepy man, accept it.

Strikers who have won championships?

Maurice Smith
Bas Rutten
Tim Sylvia
Andrei Arlovski
Shane Carwin (Interim)
Vitor Belfort
Chuck Liddell
Lyoto Machia
Shogun
Anderson Silva
Carlos Condit (Interim)
Robbie Lawler
Jens Pulver
Anthony Pettis
Jose Aldo
Dominick Cruz
Renan Barao
And Crocop deserves a mention as the best sprawl and brawl fighter that we've seen in the sport.

LOL. You can't even give a proper list under your OWN terms. For one, YOU said "elite" strikers. Do you even know what that word means? Apparently not. Pulver was an elite striker? Lawler, Sylvia, Carwin (who was a WRESTLER and brawler) and Barao too? LMAO. What kind of boxing or kickboxing titles did they hold in any of their major orgs? :rolleyes:

Do me a favor and just stop posting, dude. Any "elite" striker knows that they'd have to adapt their striking art/discipline to MMA, which is an entirely different sport than what they're used to. Need proof? I'll oblige...

"Machida-Do Karate for MMA"

Lyoto-Machida-DVD.jpg

Note the "for Mixed Martial Arts" part of that. I also said within the last 10 years. Learn to read. Those early UFC events had guys that weren't even full mixed martial artists, they mostly specialized in their single disciplines and knew next to nothing about the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back