Some Comparisons between Conor vs Aldo in GIFS (Big discrepancy in Skill,IQ,Defense)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I shouldn't even be able to see your threads since you're on my ignore list.

Oh well.

Do you think this is satire or is this guy serious? Cause I see a grazing punch being landed on the forehead by Conor and then a hard hook being landed by Mendes on Conor's upper jaw.

Do you think this is satire or is this guy serious? Cause I see a grazing punch being landed on the forehead by Conor and then a hard hook being landed by Mendes on Conor's upper jaw.

He's probably serious.

Chad walks through the short jab and blast Conor with a left...

What was I suppose to see here? That Conor threw a pillow?

This is the level of ignorance and delusion I was talking about from the Conor haters

How do you even respond to insane trolling like that ?

He's just messing with people i would bet

Mendes landed some good shots. Lost the fight, obvi, but showed that McG is very hittable.

We'll see what Aldo can do.

Aldo couldn't stop mendes in 5, while conor stopped in under 2. Mendes hurt aldo on numerous occassions. Yes, let's see if aldo can take connor's left hand missle. haha. I'm doubting it. This will be a late 2nd round stoppage.

74: Total strikes landed by McGregor. By comparison, Mendes landed 36. The SBG Ireland product outlanded his foe 28 to 16 in round one and 46 to 20 in round two. McGregor also held a 46-to-31 edge in significant strikes.

Chad didn't do much of anything with his takedowns in round 1, except use Conor standing up to land half of his significant strikes. Yes, he was winning the 2nd round until Conor got to his feet and started blasting him. But, had it gone to a third, Conor would have stolen the round by nearly finishing Chad. Chad landed like 3 or 4 good elbows in the 2nd, but most of his stuff was just grazing.

Edit: Bolded is the official Sherdog by the numbers.
Another by the numbers

4: Takedowns landed, in seven attempts by Mendes. McGregor had not been taken down in his previous five UFC appearances. 3 of which Conor escaped back to his feet before Mendes could do anything. One of which happened near the end of the round where Mendes did nothing.

He controlled McGregor on the mat, landed good counter shots, took down Conor multiple times... just stop. He even got him in a crucifix at one point. And this is while he was injured with a short camp.

Just face it, McGregor didn't look that good. He was tagged a lot and was controlled for large periods of time on the mat without really threatening with submissions.

If Aldo gets in top control... oh boy, consider it over for Mr. McGregor.

I feel like he's serious, but he could easily just be trolling. Either way his threads are always him saying Conor is flawless, anyone that disagrees is an uneducated idiot, even that strike you mentioned would be written off as Conor moving with the punch or some shit. I wouldn't be surprised if he argued that getting hit in the forehead was somehow worse than getting caught on the jaw.

Lmao your slowmo gifs clearly show that conor's shot glanced across the front of mendes' face. No real impact as displayed by lack of recoil by mendes' head. .

Conor landed it clean. Wash out your eyes and watch again buddy

Look how Mendes hair moves from the force of Conor's left.

But if "lack" of noticable"recoil" means it didnt land then Mendes left hook missed because Conor's head suffered no snap back from it what so ever

Also the point is, most denied that that left landed. Im here to point out that NO, Conor got that left off and it landed PERIOD.

Conor's IQ/skills/reactions are so sharp most you newbs wont even be able to see his counters land. It had to be pointed out by me in my threads

Its posts like yours that are THRASH, coming from the same old usual suspect Conor haters who OFFER nothing or add to any discussions.

Last edited:
Aldo couldn't stop mendes in 5, while conor stopped in under 2. Mendes hurt aldo on numerous occassions. Yes, let's see if aldo can take connor's left hand missle. haha. I'm doubting it. This will be a late 2nd round stoppage.
Aldo has stopped full camp Mendes and was barely hurt by the same even with the knockdown. Before he gassed out, McG had his hands full with 2-week-camp Mendes.

Not really sure how the fight with Aldo will play out. Both guys have superb tools. Aldo is definitely the more rounded and proven fighter, but he's also going to give up some reach and probably won't have the luxury of coasting through late rounds. Should be a good fight.

It's so fast I can't see it even in the slo-mo gifs.

He controlled McGregor on the mat, landed good counter shots, took down Conor multiple times... just stop. He even got him in a crucifix at one point. And this is while he was injured with a short camp.

Just face it, McGregor didn't look that good. He was tagged a lot and was controlled for large periods of time on the mat without really threatening with submissions.

If Aldo gets in top control... oh boy, consider it over for Mr. McGregor.

Is that why he stood up 3 times? Pretty sure the only controlling he was doing was in the second round. And Mendes trained for 5 weeks for this fight, out of his own mouth (said he was already in camp for 2 weeks when he was called as the replacement 3 weeks out) and he's said in the past that he prefers shorter 6 week camps. So, 1 more week really makes that much difference?

Conor was cracking him in the body and Mendes was visibly wilting every time Conor landed to the body. Conor won the first round by outlanding Mendes. Having Conor in a crucifix for 1 second (which is where McGregor escaped to his feet from) and holding him down for the last half a minute of the round don't make up for McGregor outlanding on him. I agree Mendes was winning the second. But he must not have been 'kicking his ass' because McGregor out-landed him despite being on his back for 4 minutes.

You Conor haters truly are delusional and only see what you want to see.

Look, the point is that that was Mendes BEST MOMENT from the fight and YET Conor STILL won it, controlled, and neutralized, landing the best shot while making Mendes miss widely on 2 of 3. That's insane. That's true greatness from Conor. Opponents do the right things or have their best moments and Conor still one ups via superior reads, superior adjustment, superior skill, superior IQ, superior timing, superior efficiency. Conor IS the greatest, most skilled, slickest striker MMA has ever seen and its not even close

I mean, Conor's skills are so sharp, and he reacts so fast you trolls couldnt even see that counter landing until it was gif'd and slow mo'd. Enough said !

Ita unfathomable how you Conor haters still ignore and deny evidence and continue on despite being proven wrong. "All I see is Mendes left hook. Conor didnt land clean derp derp"

Truly embaressing. Do you Conor haters have no shame or any concept of reality ?

Last edited:
Yes, he was. Landing big shots and nearly taking him down at will. And yes, he did gas actually. Not surprising since he had a short camp and didn't even get the confirmation of fighting McGregor until like 5 days before the fight.

He had a 5 week camp. He stated his normal camps are 6 weeks. One week difference, boohoo.

Is that why he stood up 3 times? Pretty sure the only controlling he was doing was in the second round. And Mendes trained for 5 weeks for this fight, out of his own mouth (said he was already in camp for 2 weeks when he was called as the replacement 3 weeks out) and he's said in the past that he prefers shorter 6 week camps. So, 1 more week really makes that much difference?

Conor was cracking him in the body and Mendes was visibly wilting every time Conor landed to the body. Conor won the first round by outlanding Mendes. Having Conor in a crucifix for 1 second (which is where McGregor escaped to his feet from) and holding him down for the last half a minute of the round don't make up for McGregor outlanding on him. I agree Mendes was winning the second. But he must not have been 'kicking his ass' because McGregor out-landed him despite being on his back for 4 minutes.

He stood up because Mendes went for the same guillotine attempt twice. He didn't even know if he was fighting McGregor or not until a few days out from the fight and he was injured lol still gave McGregor hell.

McGregor landed probably 2-3 meaningful body shots and no he wasn't 'visibly wilting', I really don't understand where the McGregor fans get that shit. No, it was generally scored for Mendes since McGregor was controlled in that round.

And yes, he was getting his ass kicked. Just stop.

I see it now TS. That shot knocked chad out but him landing that hook woke him back up.

Conor has fast hands when countering, yep. But he gets hit. He chanced his chin against Mendes, and lucked out, but that shit catches up to you, ask Anderson.

Very few people in the UFC have the reaction/fast twitch response that Aldo has though.
It wasnt Conor's hand speed. It was his IQ and sharpness in the mind. Making the read and then reacting first

Conor is unlike any MMA striker we have ever seen. Conor is kind of like MMA's Rigo in that its their reads, timing, IQ, sharpness, adjustments - nothing but pure skills on their part etc.

Anderson was always defensively irresponsible. Conor is not. Conor has such under rated defense. He HARDLY ever gets hit CLEAN

You cant provide legit proof for more then 5 clean shots Mendes landed. Reality is reality

People forget Anderson was 0-2 as a boxer too. Anderson is the most over rated striker in history.

Conor was a regarded amature boxing champ in Ireland where they have legit programs, coaches, sparring partners

Conor will never fall off like Anderson. Conor doesnt rely on reflexes, he reiles soley on IQ, skill, is defensively responsible, and is far verstaile to always stay unpredictable. Conor can also actually lead unlike Anderson etc

Anyway, Aldo is simply the basic come forward explosive fighter. Sure, hes the best of that archetype, but its still a too basic approach to ever beat Conor

Also never forget, iming always beats speed. Skills pay the bills. Its going to get very ugly for Aldo if he tries to stand with Conor. Aldo needs to shoot TDs right away

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back