Soldier Doesn't Know Cop is Marine

Looked like a video of two assholes. The cop was ready to get in a confrontation the second the army guy called them out for taking 45 minutes. There are a lot of ways to de-escalate from that point but the cop just wanted to enforce his authority over the guy.

45 minutes? What were these cops doing for 45 minutes prior to getting dispatched and how far away were they when they were? Oh you don't know? Guess we should just assume they were around the corner taking a nap. You think you're the boss of every police officer because you pay taxes? Welcome to the real world, you're going to hate it.

No. But I do think any law abiding, tax paying citizen has the right to question the response time of a cop to a violent incident. The soldier had been mugged by two guys. This wasn't a call to a noisy party.

News flash for cops: you are paid by public taxes. That means you are accountable to a certain extent to the tax payers. If that rustles your jimmies, take a job outside the public sector. But be advised: if you act like a douche in the private sector, you'll end up on Welfare.

Looked like a video of two assholes. The cop was ready to get in a confrontation the second the army guy called them out for taking 45 minutes. There are a lot of ways to de-escalate from that point but the cop just wanted to enforce his authority over the guy.

Exactly. The cop went Full Cartman.:rolleyes:

No. But I do think any law abiding, tax paying citizen has the right to question the response time of a cop to a violent incident. The soldier had been mugged by two guys. This wasn't a call to a noisy party.

News flash for cops: you are paid by public taxes. That means you are accountable to a certain extent to the tax payers. If that rustles your jimmies, take a job outside the public sector. But be advised: if you act like a douche in the private sector, you'll end up on Welfare.

And if you act like an aggressive douche and get in a cop's face you end up on your ass.

But the cop got in HIS face...

Jesus christ man. no.

You are fucking blind. The cop takes 2 steps forward and the camera motion stops...THEN the soldier takes his step in.

Re watch the god damn video.

How are 911 call responses allocated? I'm just trying to understand why the response was so long? Could it be that the 911 operator asked whomever called in if anyone was seriously injured etc and then decided to put the call low priority?

And if you act like an aggressive douche and get in a cop's face you end up on your ass.

And if some of you act like Judge Dredd, don't come crying for sympathy when of you gets pistol-whipped with your own weapon.

Cops can't have their cake and eat it. If you sneer at every complaint against thugs and bullies like this, don't expect civilians to care when one of your brothers in blue ends up on the wrong side of a beating.

But the cop got in HIS face...

And the cop also never learned how to deal with an agitated individual other than with aggression or violence. Bad public servant.

Rewatch the tape.

38 seconds in the cop is saying "second of all" and STOPS after taking 2 steps forward. we can tell this easily because the motion of the camera STOPS.

The soldier then takes his step forward while saying "US soldier, bro. Know who your talking too..." and ends INSIDE the cops space.

fuck sakes man I'm not debating that the sky is blue with you. You either see that or you are lying to yourself.

One more time for the Hard of Thinking: the cop had no reason to take two steps toward the soldier. The soldier was no longer moving. His hands were in plain view. He was no threat to anyone. By taking two steps - oh, and by the way you initially said he took a single step - the cop put himself within the soldier's personal space.

If you can't see that you are either a cop or a retard. Going by the standards of the some of the posts in this thread, I'm not sure there's much of a difference.:rolleyes:

Jesus christ man. no.

You are fucking blind. The cop takes 2 steps forward and the camera motion stops...THEN the soldier takes his step in.

My fully functioning, yet inexplicably named "fucking blind" eyes can clearly see the cop aggressively step towards the mugging VICTIM.

From start to finish, that video showed unprofessional behavior and abuse of power.

One more time for the Hard of Thinking: the cop had no reason to take two steps toward the soldier. The soldier was no longer moving. His hands were in plain view. He was no threat to anyone. By taking two steps - oh, and by the way you initially said he took a single step - the cop put himself within the soldier's personal space.

If you can't see that you are either a cop or a retard. Going by the standards of the some of the posts in this thread, I'm not sure there's much of a difference.:rolleyes:

Uhm no.

He got closer to the soldier but wasn't nose to nose with him. The soldier did that.

Don't go nose to nose with a cop. Or please, by all means go nose to nose with a fucking cop. Then report back here when it goes bad.

And you are calling me the retard...lol.

And if some of you act like Judge Dredd, don't come crying for sympathy when of you gets pistol-whipped with your own weapon.

Cops can't have their cake and eat it. If you sneer at every complaint against thugs and bullies like this, don't expect civilians to care when one of your brothers in blue ends up on the wrong side of a beating.

I'm sorry I thought we were talking about this incident.

Uhm no.

He got closer to the soldier but wasn't nose to nose with him. The soldier did that.

Don't go nose to nose with a cop. Or please, by all means go nose to nose with a fucking cop. Then report back here when it goes bad.

And you are calling me the retard...lol.

The soldier wouldn't have gotten in the cops face if the cop hadn't... gotten in the soldier's face.

All the soldier did was not back down from the cop's obvious aggression.

The Marine is too prideful to be an effective cop. All of sudden the problem for the cop wasn't that the guy was beat up and kicked out of his house. It was that the guy who called challenged the cops' timeliness arriving at the scene. What an idiot cop. Stepping to the guy is just a symptom of being an asshole. The root is the cop's mentality.

Also, I love how the title and subject of the video is about how the soldier doesn't know that the cop is a Marine, and isn't on the blatant abuse of power and unprofessional actions taken by the cop.

And of course the soldier is fucking pissed at the cops. He was beaten up, mugged, and thrown out of his own goddamn home, and was forced to wait outside for 45 minutes for the police to intervene.

I challenge any of you not to get a little snarky with the first police officer on the scene.

So... from this video I should conclude that being an asshole is part of basic training for all branches?

Jesus christ man. no.

Lol! You keep admitting the cop started the situation, but you refuse to see any problem in it.

Back