Soldier Doesn't Know Cop is Marine

yup. two guys with small-dick, big-ego, bro complex.

soldier bro! 45 minutes!
don't step!
SOLDIER BRO!
MARINE BRO!

Tearing down a guy's whole character based on one bad moment caught on film isn't all that more enlightened.

Like none of us have ever had a testy exchange that could have been avoided.

Yeah, I won't be able to sleep tonight from worrying that someone will explain to the douche that he has to get on a 'plane and fly thousands of miles to fight me.:icon_lol:

You see that shirtless Val Kilmer AV? I'd be scared if I were you..

I'd rather he acted like a professional LEO, and not some retard picking fights in a bar. He had no reason to step that close to the complainant. So even if he thought he was in danger of being struck, it was his own damn fault for putting himself in that position in the first place.

Cops like this are the reason civilians use their 'phones to video a cop being pistol-whipped rather than call 911.

Your missing how they got close together right?

The cop takes a step forward, before he finish his step the soldier steps into the cops space and postures up.

If the soldier didn't move towards the cop their would have still be a gap between them.

Now if the cop closed the entire distance himself and got into the solder's face, then I'd agree with you 100 percent.

But because the soldier took his step forward knowing he would be inside the cop's personal space while posturing up...yeah, you are taking a big risk doing that and I wouldn't recommend anyone do that to any cop, ever.

Tearing down a guy's whole character based on one bad moment caught on film isn't all that more enlightened.

Like none of us have ever had a testy exchange that could have been avoided.

The fact that in this one moment that was caught on camera they both went off like children would lead me to believe that in the 1000s of moments not caught in camera, they act similarly in those as well.

All it took to set the cop off was that the guy was upset it took them 45 minutes to get there when he was getting beat up, and the other guy felt the need to puff his chest up about being a soldier.

I can only imagine what happens at little soldier's or little marine's football games.

Your missing how they got close together right?

The cop takes a step forward, before he finish his step the soldier steps into the cops space and postures up.

If the soldier didn't move towards the cop their would have still be a gap between them.

Now if the cop closed the entire distance himself and got into the solder's face, then I'd agree with you 100 percent.

But because the soldier took his step forward knowing he would be inside the cop's personal space while posturing up...yeah, you are taking a big risk doing that and I wouldn't recommend anyone do that to any cop, ever.

No, he took several steps forward. And he did so after the soldier had stopped moving forward and was no immediate threat. The cop, had he been good at his job, could have controlled the situation without getting within striking distance. If the soldier had kept walking and got right in the cop's face, I wouldn't have blamed the cop for getting his retaliation in first. But you don't get to put yourself in a potentially dangerous situation through your own stupidity and ego, knock the other guy out, and then claim self defense.:rolleyes:

A lot of cops in the US are hotheaded assholes. The cop obviously stepped up to him, it was his body camera that was filming the exchange, it was plain as day that the cop stepped up to him and started the confrontation...

Cops are always complaining about about how no-one respects them or shows them the correct deference, this is why. Act like a fucking professional and don't be out starting street fights when you're the one supposed to be stopping them.

I don't think I fully understand what happened in the video - from what I watched, the victim says "I'm a soldier bro" in a somewhat aggressive way, and the cop sucker punches him, and follows up with "I'm a marine".

I'm normally one to side with the cops in most instances, but this just seems like the officer cold clocked the guy without provocation.

no matter who is right or wrong in a situation like that, the cop always has the power. there is no need to be aggressive towards a cop, even if it's warranted, because the cop is always in control.

the civilian should have been cordial. that cop was a dickhead for reacting the way he did, and was excessive about it even when the civilian was already relaxed and under control.

too often, a lot of folks who have served feel like they have a free pass to play that card whenever the feel like, both civilian and cops alike. the problem, is if a cop is also a former veteran, they have double the ego.

Anyone know how the video got released? If you have an incident with a cop wearing a camera, is it as simple as requesting the tape?

Cop didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. Don't call the cops for help and then be a prick to them.

Cop didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. Don't call the cops for help and then be a prick to them.

If you're paid by the public, don't punch them because they get pissed it took you 45 minutes to respond to their call for help.:rolleyes:

If you're paid by the public, don't punch them because they get pissed it took you 45 minutes to respond to their call for help.:rolleyes:

45 minutes? What were these cops doing for 45 minutes prior to getting dispatched and how far away were they when they were? Oh you don't know? Guess we should just assume they were around the corner taking a nap. You think you're the boss of every police officer because you pay taxes? Welcome to the real world, you're going to hate it.

45 minutes? What were these cops doing for 45 minutes prior to getting dispatched and how far away were they when they were? Oh you don't know? Guess we should just assume they were around the corner taking a nap. You think you're the boss of every police officer because you pay taxes? Welcome to the real world, you're going to hate it.

Either way you should be able to hold them accountable without fearing physical retaliation.

Anyone know how the video got released? If you have an incident with a cop wearing a camera, is it as simple as requesting the tape?

The news report in the link indicated someone mailed a dvd to the new station.

The reporter said he requested the bodycam footage of every violent arrest made by that particular officer but got turned down.

Either way you should be able to hold them accountable without fearing physical retaliation.

I agree. But handle your emotions and do it properly. Sounds like he got assaulted and potentially robbed. How about we handle that situation before we start telling the cops to "learn who they are talking to."

Sometimes I agree with the cops, sometimes I don't. People may not like it but police officers can close the distance or "step up" if they want. Getting into a chest puffing match isn't going to do you any favors. Had the cop just walked up and dropped him I'd say the cop was in the wrong. The cop walked forward, the citizen was the aggressor. All my opinion and I'm not trying to change anybody else's so flame away.

No, he took several steps forward. And he did so after the soldier had stopped moving forward and was no immediate threat. The cop, had he been good at his job, could have controlled the situation without getting within striking distance. If the soldier had kept walking and got right in the cop's face, I wouldn't have blamed the cop for getting his retaliation in first. But you don't get to put yourself in a potentially dangerous situation through your own stupidity and ego, knock the other guy out, and then claim self defense.:rolleyes:

Rewatch the tape.

38 seconds in the cop is saying "second of all" and STOPS after taking 2 steps forward. we can tell this easily because the motion of the camera STOPS.

The soldier then takes his step forward while saying "US soldier, bro. Know who your talking too..." and ends INSIDE the cops space.

fuck sakes man I'm not debating that the sky is blue with you. You either see that or you are lying to yourself.

Back