Soldier Doesn't Know Cop is Marine

They both stepped close to each other. The cop took a step closer but the soldier completed the gap.

That was a bad call. It's absolutely posturing up in a threatening manner towards the cop and he had to put it down. I see nothing wrong here.

As a cop youre not supposed to walk up to a citizen like you're some moron in a pub looking for a fight which is exactly what he did. He was trying to intimidate the soldier. Sure the soldier made it worse by standing taller and squaring up but the cop had no reason to invade his personal space like that.

the fact you saw nothing wrong with this is absurd

Haha. Thats what he gets for bitching at them about being late.

They both stepped close to each other. The cop took a step closer but the soldier completed the gap.

That was a bad call. It's absolutely posturing up in a threatening manner towards the cop and he had to put it down. I see nothing wrong here.

Haha. Thats what he gets for bitching at them about being late.

And comments like this are the reason the public start to lose sympathy for cops who get hurt, or worse, in the line of duty.:rolleyes:

The so-called cop had no reason to step up to the soldier. He was well within earshot, and was not acting in a threatening manner. His only, "crime" was to swear at the cop and point out he had been waiting for 45 minutes.

Like I said, the cop is a POS and deserves to lose his job. And if that's the worst that happens to him, he's lucky. If a civilian walked up to someone who swore at them and then sucker-punched them, they would be looking at jail time.

And comments like this are the reason the public start to lose sympathy for cops who get hurt, or worse, in the line of duty.:rolleyes:

The so-called cop had no reason to step up to the soldier. He was well within earshot, and was not acting in a threatening manner. His only, "crime" was to swear at the cop and point out he had been waiting for 45 minutes.

Like I said, the cop is a POS and deserves to lose his job. And if that's the worst that happens to him, he's lucky. If a civilian walked up to someone who swore at them and then sucker-punched them, they would be looking at jail time.

Naw that "Victim" was a ashole. You can't call asking for help and then be an asshole to the ones that come to help you. Cops are people and should be respected as people.

Naw that "Victim" was a ashole. You can't call asking for help and then be an asshole to the ones that come to help you. Cops are people and should be respected as people.

They want respect, they should give it as well. I have no problem with cops acting like Judge Dredd on steroids when they are dealing with violent criminals. But sucker-punching someone just because they mouth off is way over the line.

And I suspect most people would not be happy if they had to wait 45 minutes after being the victim of a violent assault.

As a cop youre not supposed to walk up to a citizen like you're some moron in a pub looking for a fight which is exactly what he did. He was trying to intimidate the soldier. Sure the soldier made it worse by standing taller and squaring up but the cop had no reason to invade his personal space like that.

the fact you saw nothing wrong with this is absurd

The cop took a step...that's not out of line to do. I agree he didn't have to go personal so quickly...however...

Posturing up to a cop in a threatening manner, is something completely different.

You can say your piece, you can even be a little unruly, but the moment you square up to a cop by stepping inside the cops personal space, the cop has every right to put you down.

Or would you rather he wait until you strike him first? That sounds safe.

Last edited:
The cop took a step...that's not out of line to do.

Posturing up to a cop in a threatening manner, is something completely different.

You can say your piece, you can even be a little unruly, but the moment you square up to a cop by stepping inside the cops personal space, the cop has every right to put you down.

I'd rather he acted like a professional LEO, and not some retard picking fights in a bar. He had no reason to step that close to the complainant. So even if he thought he was in danger of being struck, it was his own damn fault for putting himself in that position in the first place.

Cops like this are the reason civilians use their 'phones to video a cop being pistol-whipped rather than call 911.

They want respect, they should give it as well. I have no problem with cops acting like Judge Dredd on steroids when they are dealing with violent criminals. But sucker-punching someone just because they mouth off is way over the line.

And I suspect most people would not be happy if they had to wait 45 minutes after being the victim of a violent assault.

Lets look at what happened and there is gonna be spelling errors out the ass. Fair warning

Cops arravies. They don't know who is who and what is what but as soon as they step out the car the are apporched with a man acting hostel, so they step up show authory to get control of the sitution, the hostel challages thier authory and the threat of losing control of the sitution become present so the cop gets back control of the sitution by taking down the hostel threat, and securing the sitution. Once control is regained and there are no more threats, they can begain to find out the who is who and the what is what, but none of that can be done into there is control of the sitution.

The cop took a step.

Unless the cop was 20 feet tall that far of a distance is not a "step". The soldier was a good distance away and the cop took numerous steps and invaded his person space when he was giving no indications of being violent

standing there smoking a cigarette is not posturing up. Its a natural reaction to get in a defensive posture when someone is literally breathing right in your face as the cop did when he walked up on that man.

Oooor i would rather the cop be a bigger man and not have a dick measuring contest with a civilian just because he complained about them taking too long. I don't know why something so simple is sailing right over your head. You know police are supposed to deescalate problems that are not immediate physical threats right? Or do you think real life is like a movie

Lets look at what happened and there is gonna be spelling errors out the ass. Fair warning

Cops arravies. They don't know who is who and what is what but as soon as they step out the car the are apporched with a man acting hostel, so they step up show authory to get control of the sitution, the hostel challages thier authory and the threat of losing control of the sitution become present so the cop gets back control of the sitution by taking down the hostel threat, and securing the sitution. Once control is regained and there are no more threats, they can begain to find out the who is who and the what is what, but none of that can be done into there is control of the sitution.

If the cop is incapable of regaining control of a non-violent situation without using violence himself, he shouldn't be a cop. End of story. If he can't be trusted not to punch someone without good reason, he certainly can't be trusted with a firearm.

He didn't need to step close enough to the soldier to risk being struck. All he had to do was impose his authority verbally. By all means tell him to STFU from a safe distance. If the soldier is dumb enough to then close the distance himself, he deserves to get KTFO. But no matter how you try to twist it, that is not what happened in this situation.

If the cop is incapable of regaining control of a non-violent situation without using violence himself, he shouldn't be a cop. End of story. If he can't be trusted not to punch someone without good reason, he certainly can't be trusted with a firearm.

He didn't need to step close enough to the soldier to risk being struck. All he had to do was impose his authority verbally. By all means tell him to STFU from a safe distance. If the soldier is dumb enough to then close the distance himself, he deserves to get KTFO. But no matter how you try to twist it, that is not what happened in this situation.

I disagree. The takedown is non-violient to me.

Sherdog loves it's cop threads.

Maybe all jerkoffs sitting behind their keyboards taking other people's inventory should take up the calling and show how it should be done. Be the change you want to see and all that.

This shits stupid. Cops should get a fine, and stood down from his role and moved into traffic control.

Maybe all jerkoffs sitting behind their keyboards taking other people's inventory should take up the calling and show how it should be done. Be the change you want to see and all that.

don't try to play it off like anyone whos criticizing this cop has a hate boner going on for the police. What ridiculous straw man

I disagree. The takedown is non-violient to me.

It wasn't a take-down. It was an unprovoked assault. The fact it was committed by a so-called cop does not make it legal. Quite the reverse actually.

Maybe all the cop nut-huggers could admit there is a problem with POS cops like the one in the video. As for your second "point", one doesn't buy a dog then bark oneself. Cops are paid out of public taxes. If the public has a problem with how a cop does his job, they have every right to call him on it.

If cops don't like that, I hear WalMart are hiring.

Back