So Who Are You? For grapplers:

Wow that's a long read, but it's pretty damn good...

The Former Star guy, hehe

Murdoch said:
i'm the "not enough attention span to read ultra long posts guy"

what he said

"What about the "MMA DVDs Guy"?

Somewhere between the sherdog guy, the proffessor, and the "I'm working standup today" guy....He always is bringing in copys of the latest MMA events for everyone to watch, and has already seen them all. He also has a vast knowledge of techniques from watching countless downloaded instructional videos, and won't hesitate to ask you to help him work on those techniques. Somewhat prone to getting injured while "crosstraining", he can also show signs of the "I'll be back tuesday" guy, since he can't wait to get back to class, but he's got stitches from sparring at his Thai boxing class....Usually not bad on the mat, but still, get a life.... "

i have been owned great post

dude, awesome thread... I have to admit I've been guilty of being the proffesor, the groaner, and the my whole body hurts so take it easy guy... but hey sooner or later you learn your lesson then thats when the fun really starts... the best phase I had was the I get tapped today, tomorrow and next month.. but next year, Im invincible.. :D

MMA DVD/Sweat Dripper/one move wonder, scary... its me! And I believe I've rolled with every type you mentioned.

I started off as the ex tough guy one but five years down the road I guess the lazy possum until someones acutally a good deal better then I turn into the won't tap guy I have met literally everone one on that list and I found it really funny

Here are some additions:

The mangler: Won't let you go, even after you hit his leg tapping for the 3rd time cuz: " you're not really there yet"

The thrasher: You can never get a dominant position cuz he flops worse than a Bass at the bottom of the boat and is just as slippery.

The instructors' son: Forget tapping him, cuz if you do, teacher's pets are wasting you harsh for the rest of the night.

The martyr: Never taps, even when his neck is in danger of coming clean of his shoulder and you let him go for fear of killing him, then he looks at you like " you can never tap me!" * usually seen around town with crutches and a neck brace*

This thread was funny thanks for the laffs.

Good read, but could you please turn in your essay in 50 paragraph, 20 page form with APA style references next time?

fvsocal said:
Who are you on the ADCC forum? I'm on the Rattler's forum. I had originally tried to clean up the grammar errors, got frustrated, and just repasted without the corrections (and credit). Sorry bout that.

I'm "Ultraman" on ADCC forum....

Very good post!!

I started out as the wrestler guy and became Mr. Goodwrench, but have fought with pretty much evey guy you described there!

OK, I finally finished!!! those are some real qualities Ive seen in others when I train.

Oh, there are some bad dudes up there but the pre excuse guy and the drama guy are my personal least favorites

By the way the author of this topic and thread credit goes to "grappler" of ADCC forum. He's the originator of this thread topic over there. And unlike Sherdog, we do very long posts/replies over at ADCC frequently. One of the reasons is that they haven't been accepting new posters/members for a LONG time for some reason. None of us knows....but the result is that we all know each other and have been posting there for years. Kind of like a medium/small sized family.

Nice read. That must have taken a while. I'm more of a mix between the HUMBLE **** YOU UP GUY and THE NATURAL. Depending on how I'm feeling on the day though I'm sometimes the LET'S JUST GO 75% TODAY guy ^^

Funny stuff. One of the best threads I've seen in a while. Only problem is though, why so negative? The negative guys really outweigh the positives, which is a shame.

Like many others, I'm a combination. THE PUNY HUMAN GUY (I can't help genetics, guys. Am I upset at my mom for passing on a skinny body type? A little, but there's not much I can do about it.). But, since I'm about 6' 2", I am also Knees and Elbows guy without explosiveness as mentioned before. Oh man, "no responsibility guy" right now. College food sucks, but being there sure is sweet. I do wash my own gi, however. I dunno...as for the rest...I've just started training and I haven't got many people to train with where I'm at, so it's really too early to tell which category I belong in.

Back