So Who Are You? For grapplers:

Quite the long post.

I'd say I'm the pretzle, my body frame is large but I set flexibility records in both High Schools which I attended. I find a way out of almost anything.

However, my downfall is being 'The Mailman' mostly due to my belief my striking is good. It's not the best, it's not the worst, but if i fight someone heavier than me with great hands I end up losing composure and try to swing wild and forget all of my technique. It's something I've been trying to work on, mostly my focus and even my breathing while striking. Hopefully in the future with some more work I'll be able to use my technique rather than power/strong chin to close distance.

It's good that the maker of this thread gave credit to the poster at ADCC forum. I'm a member of that forum, and this thread started a short time ago. Although he SHOULDN'T have edited out that credit originally in the beginning.

S.D.Force said:
It's good that the maker of this thread gave credit to the poster at ADCC forum. I'm a member of that forum, and this thread started a short time ago. Although he SHOULDN'T have edited out that credit originally in the beginning.

Who are you on the ADCC forum? I'm on the Rattler's forum. I had originally tried to clean up the grammar errors, got frustrated, and just repasted without the corrections (and credit). Sorry bout that.

Great thread! The ones bitch'N about it can't relate to it because they don't train.

I'm the "cringes when I see a bead of sweat about to roll on my face" guy

thanks - interesting, do you have a drinking problem

Gread Thread... one of the only ones worth reading in MMA forum.

Anyway. I'm a cross between Getting Serious Again Guy and Pretzel Guy.

My dad's the Tougher-Older-Bastider. Bastider is 62 years old and will kick the ass of 20 yr olds all the time. Then he'll wake up the next morning and do a 50 mile bike ride like it's a morning stroll. ...Bastider.

I have a freind that i constantly roll with and in the last 4 years he has only beat me 3 times once for being the sweatty guy after about an hour of rolling i was gassed and ended up on my back then i noticed a bead of sweat forming between his eyes it rolled down his nose I tried to hold my breath but ultimatly that led to a great gasp on my part injestin the sweat i tapped then vommited for about 10 mins second time he was smelly guy caught me in a guillotine when i was working out of it i ended up face first in his armpit and the other time i was in his gaurd and he pulled me in close and all i could breathe was his recycled pepperoni and onnion breath

Hahaha funny shit i actually read all of that, i must be the sherdog guy lol. I think everyone i ever trained with including myself is a blend and all of those guys.

Btw how long did it take you to write all that ?

fvsocal said:
The Craftsman- You roll with the guy for 5 minutes and get tapped 5 times. The guy is good but even he doesn't know exactly what he's doing. He just sees something and tries for it because he knows the joint doesn't bend that way. You're learning moves together as he taps you out.

Hey thats me?!? But I would have to say the logic is wrong....I know exactly what I'm doing.

Im a lazy possum, sometimes my instructor brings in his hot niece, always on my A game when shes watching. haha

i'm the "SACK OF KNEE AND ELBOWS" guy without the explosiveness...

Holy fuck that's long, but I read it anyway. :)

I think I'm a combination of the No-responsibility guy and the BackFromGym guy, but I wash my own gi, lol.

fvsocal said:
How about the SWEAT DRIPPER GUY- some guy, usually late 30's, early 40's, that sweats buckets that DRIP on your face when he's in your guard. You pretty much have to tap as his sweat pours into your eyes, mouth, etc.
Lol, I'm a bit of a sweat dripper myself, but I'm in my early 20s.

I think you missed me: I'm the 'Bites off more than he can chew' guy. I weigh between 130-140 but I won't hesitate to call out the instructor, the biggest guys in the class, or anyone else for that matter. I lose about 98% of my sparring matches, but I love to lose and I love to push myself. Any match I win, I get disappointed.

hilarious read, thanks. best thing i've seen on the MMA forum in a LONG time.

Great post, I read it all and enjoyed

GNP 4 LIFE said:
You must be the "I love not having a job" guy. Holy shit I quit after the 4th guy. Seriously, who has time for that shit?

Obviously quite a few people judging by the number of positive responses.Good post.Beats the usual standard which is akin to smashing and grinding your face repeatedly against a brick wall.

loooong post but worth reading...met some of the people described...man i hate "The Laugher" :p

Back