So when does James Bond become watchable.

remember the outcry from losers who got super upset when hearing about Idris Elba potentially becoming the new Bond?
Yeah it’s a shame too. I he is a logical next step from Craig’s gritty Bond. I fuckin loved Elba in Luther.

Maybe I’m not the best to judge that though. I don’t really like Bond movies. When I heard about them potentially casting Elba I just liked the idea of him acting like Luther in a Bond movie

When they stop using the rope thing to brutalize his balls while he's sitting on the bottomless chair buck naked.
That has to be one of the silliest torture methods ever designed.

Just watch all the Marvel movies from the beginning instead TS

Of the Brosnan bond movies, Goldeneye is the best of the bunch, but my favourite character is Sophie Marceau's Electra King. I was a high schooler at the time, and she was the first "women" I was attracted to.

Just watch all the Marvel movies from the beginning instead TS

Fart jokes and pink lazer beams? And small females doing flying armbars on big Heavyweight badguys?

Nah..

It doesn't get good.

This is what i am starting to fear. But i have seen most of the Craig movies. Those was not bad. As i like the krav maga / gun combo as seen in Bourne, taken, Olympus has fallen formula.

So me and my girlfriend is gonna try watching all the James Bond movies. From the first to the last.

Just done watching from russia with love..

After two movies, the big question is: when is it gonna get good?
drink 10 martinins and watch the austin powers movies.

Of course the early Connery films were great but I recommend On Her Majesty's Secret Service. It's campy 60's fun and has Kojak as the villian. Plus it has the austin powers outfit.

on_her_majesty02_758_427_81_s.jpg

This movie was so weird. They cast an Australian who'd never acted before. And there is a crazy orgy scene.

Apparently he stuffed a big sausage in his shorts for this scene.

remember the outcry from losers who got super upset when hearing about Idris Elba potentially becoming the new Bond?
Straight out of left field. I guess you had to vent that one out.

ts: if you don’t like the older ones, try those made in the 80s

You can't do that. Daniel Craig is too serious to set a proper James Bond tone.

Watch KINGSMAN, that'll give you the modern spin on the old franchise.

"Heath Ledger is too serious to get a proper Joker tone."

See how ridiculous that sounds.

"Heath Ledger is too serious to get a proper Joker tone."

See how ridiculous that sounds.
tenor.gif

Is this what passes for a witty rejoinder in your neck of the woods? How bow you convince me what it is you mean, just so I appreciate how clever this was.

Straight out of left field. I guess you had to vent that one out.

ts: if you don’t like the older ones, try those made in the 80s

looks like you're the one venting

{<jimmies}

I remember reading somewhere in TWR a post saying (not word for word, but you ought to get the idea). "I have no problem with black people at all.. but Bond has always been white, I can't accept them changing that. sorry you racists can't understand that. always making things about race".

hahaha the fucking gonads & ignorance to be able to say something like that.

They are fine with having a Scottish or Irish actor play a British spy but not an actual Brit.

Uh, all Craig did was make James Bond into Jason Bourne.

He lost everything else that made bond bond.

Yea which is when I started liking the movies. Never enjoyed them before that.

tenor.gif

Is this what passes for a witty rejoinder in your neck of the woods? How bow you convince me what it is you mean, just so I appreciate how clever this was.

The tone of their respective performances fit in with the tone of the movie as a whole. If Ledger copied Jack's cartoon-y take on the Joker for The Dark Knight, it would have been ridiculous. If Craig copied Connery's style, it wouldn't have worked in any of the 4 recent Bonds.

The tone of their respective performances fit in with the tone of the movie as a whole. If Ledger copied Jack's cartoon-y take on the Joker for The Dark Knight, it would have been ridiculous. If Craig copied Connery's style, it wouldn't have worked in any of the 4 recent Bonds.
I see what you mean, and that's a very good point. What I am talking about is managing TS' expectations. Like you have said, if he were to expect Craig-level Bond for the rest of the series, it wouldn't really work.

as an old man i dont think i like any of em, but i enjoyed em all as a kid
aint from russia with love the one austin powers is based on? kinda makes it funny

Back