So when does James Bond become watchable.

you gotta watch the latest one where 007 is a black jew tranny

Yea which is when I started liking the movies. Never enjoyed them before that.

then you don’t like James Bond or James Bond movies.

that’s all that means. It’s cool. It’s preference. James Bond isn’t for you.

then you don’t like James Bond or James Bond movies.

that’s all that means. It’s cool. It’s preference. James Bond isn’t for you.

Yep my dad loved them but I just couldn't get into them.

Having done the same thing a few years ago, I can confidently say it's the next one. Goldfinger.

The first two were kinda boring, but it ramps up with Goldfinger. It had the same budget as the first two films combined, and all the things you expect - An insane villain with a ridiculous dastardly plot, a comedy henchman, Bond stuck in a ludicrous death trap.

The first two films set up the character and many of the cliches, but it's Goldfinger that starts all the cool Austin Powers type stuff which is still enjoyable today.

Hunter Schafer should be bond
image.webp
whos this hardbody?

speaking of hardbodies, i just noticed lea seydoux was a bond girl

YkDVlM.gif

remember the outcry from losers who got super upset when hearing about Idris Elba potentially becoming the new Bond?
Having the opinion that James bond should be a white guy makes someone a loser?

Having the opinion that James bond should be a white guy makes someone a loser?

if they're racist, yes. even more so if they're in denial or too pussy to admit as much.

if they're racist, yes. even more so if they're in denial or too pussy to admit as much.

Some people's spectrum as to what constitutes racism has been seriously broadened in recent years.
I don't think James bond should be anything other than a white British male. Does that make me racist?

Some people's spectrum as to what constitutes racism has been seriously broadened in recent years.
I don't think James bond should be anything other than a white British male. Does that make me racist?

have you bothered to read the rest of my posts made afterwards?

have you bothered to read the rest of my posts made afterwards?

I did read a fair bit of the thread yes, don't expect me to remember specifically which posts were yours though.
To what posts are you referring?

I remember reading somewhere in TWR a post saying (not word for word, but you ought to get the idea). "I have no problem with black people at all.. but Bond has always been white, I can't accept them changing that. sorry you racists can't understand that. always making things about race".

hahaha the fucking gonads & ignorance to be able to say something like that.

Thing is, Bond is supposed to be an mi6 agent. Mi6 agents are not all white and not even all male. 007 can virtually be whoever. The notion that English, Irish, Scot white male are the only ones that can play this mi6 agent in 2020 is kind of absurd if you think about it.

I did read a fair bit of the thread yes, don't expect me to remember specifically which posts were yours though.
To what posts are you referring?

not long after I made the post you quoted. the losers I was referring to are those who harbor racist/prejudice views & some of them are still active in TWR.

there was a massive thread about the whole Elba/Bond rumor around here somewhere, & I remember him not being considered to be taking the role of Bond, but inheriting the agent number (007). which would be more apt in my opinion, but that tidbit got lost in all of the hysteria, I'm too lazy to be digging up all of this shit, but the 'losers' I speak of are the known racists/troublemakers here on the 'dog.

I can understand if you don't like Elba for the role, if you aren't racist - the same way I think it's weird Nick Fury is black, because growing up he was white - but I don't really care at the end of it. the same goes for Scarlett Johannson taking up the main role in Ghost in a Shell, it should have been a Japanese woman, but whatever, I watched it anyways.

Haven't seen many but Goldeneye is my favorite. Having nostalgia for the N64 video game of it definitely contributes to that decision.

Back