So what's next for Rountree Jr.?

TheWizard

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
His 2 month suspension ended yesterday. He'll probably never be a genuine contender, but he's exciting to watch and can be in some great (striking) fights. So what should be next?

Call me crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC decided to do Pereira vs Rountree if Pereira wants a quick turn around again. It wouldn't make any sense, but they might snub Ankalaev (who 100% deserves the fight) to make a more exciting fight. Hill and Jiri just lost for the belt, Jan is still recovering from surgery, Krylov is nowhere to be found, Rakic and Walker just got KO'd.

erpjkv90tiad1.png

Last edited:
Man are you fuckin kiddin me

I love Khalil but him skipping Ankalaev is complete bullshit

"Pereira vs Rountree" basically serves as engagement bait to rustle up the Anakalev fans, it's pure nonsense lol. <lmao>

Man are you fuckin kiddin me

I love Khalil but him skipping Ankalaev is complete bullshit
Yeah I agree it would be complete bullshit but I could see it happening lol. Pereira wants to fight in Perth in 6 weeks and if that happens, I'm not sure it will be Ankalaev on such short notice.

In a division that doesn't have any great grapplers, Roundtree absolutely can be a "genuine contender."

Re-book the Roundtree-Hill fight, assuming Hill isn't out for an extended period of time. If Hill's out, then give him Volkan. I would avoid Rakic--that fight has LnP written all over hit.

Back