So the consensus on sherdog is Jones can't win on Saturday?

Honestly the relationship Jon Jones fans have with him is so much like a toxic relationship, where the other partner keeps making promises they never keep. "I won't cheat again, I promise. <mma1>" Meanwhile the whole world is like "girl dump him"
Battered Woman syndrome

If he knocks Gus out or completely destroys him he's back in the conversation.

Only if he wins and retires. He'd be seen as the most dominant with a difficult path. If he stays it's just vitriol and mishaps and more distaste since the negative news likely won't just stop.

Depends on how you define win.

So you dont care that he wins by cheating?
its easy to root for an Alpha. the guy is a savant genius at hurting people.

the guy is also hilarious, "hey pussy are you still there"

jokes around with DC saying "I bet I could take you down :cool:" DC goes full butthurt, so Jon makes him literally cry

its kind of fun rooting for the guy that makes everyone so butthurt. He may embarass himself often, but you as a fan never truly have egg on your face. because the guy never loses in the actual fight

Jones wins 1,000,000 % Junkathon Jones is unbeatable with sauce, but without it, he is mediocre. The event was moved BECAUSE HE IS STILL JUICING!

Seriously, how can you still like this guy? I'm genuinely curious. I was a HUGE Jon Jones fan at first but after SO much blatant cheating even without considering his personal shenanigans, just the cheating(eyepokes/roids) has made me a hater. So does it just not matter as long as he keeps winning or something?
Pretty much. Look at Barnett and Belfort. Both guys popped for roids on SEVERAL occasions, but are remembered fondly cuz they were beasts.

Just getting this right

So if he loses Saturday that's obviously a loss

A win, with a positive test where he is sanctioned for a new ingestion is obviously a loss

But also a win with clean tests from here on out... is also a loss?

There's nothing Jones can do to win on Saturday in the eyes of the fans?

Dude has become the ultimate heel, wonder if he'll stick around for 4 or 5 more years
concensus means 100% agreement. so, no. that doesn't exist.

i think we can all agree that he warned Daniel about his ability to sexually assault his wife without any repercussions though.

yes that is the definition of that word
I think there are varying views on Jon. We're one of the few sports fan bases that can't decide if cheating is bad or not. We've got a testing body that most don't trust. And we've got a fighter who has a record of lying, so it's hard to say what he did do or didn't do, as his word really isn't worth much. And his ego and obsession with fighters who get more love than him could be seen as a determining factor for some of his behavior.

Will he be around in 4-5 years? If fans remain divided, yes. Will he ever have a completely clean image? No. He doesn't even want that. Guy goes to rehab, gets suspended twice and first interview says he doesn't really want to give up drinking or smoking weed. Then he gets popped again for the very thing that he says was isolated and so minimal that the chances of it occurring were nominal. Given his personality, there are no moral or public perception victories in his future.

I think there are varying views on Jon. We're one of the few sports fan bases that can't decide if cheating is bad or not. We've got a testing body that most don't trust. And we've got a fighter who has a record of lying, so it's hard to say what he did do or didn't do, as his word really isn't worth much. And his ego and obsession with fighters who get more love than him could be seen as a determining factor for some of his behavior.

Will he be around in 4-5 years? If fans remain divided, yes. Will he ever have a completely clean image? No. He doesn't even want that. Guy goes to rehab, gets suspended twice and first interview says he doesn't really want to give up drinking or smoking weed. Then he gets popped again for the very thing that he says was isolated and so minimal that the chances of it occurring were nominal. Given his personality, there are no moral or public perception victories in his future.
Good point. ESPN might care enough to put a negative view on PEDs. We'll see I guess.

Yes they had skills but they are both widely regarded as laughing stocks. Belfort is a roid joke dead horse. Anytime roids are discussed his dinosaur resurgence is mentioned. Barnett singlehandedly killed a promotion and has been plagued with a roid cloud his entire career. You recognize skill and also recognize cheaters are shitty people. Any accomplishments those guys made has an asterisk next to it.

Young vitor did have some fast hands though.
People post all the time about how Barnett was some sub grappling god and how Vitor had the fastest hands of all time.

Yes they had skills but they are both widely regarded as laughing stocks. Belfort is a roid joke dead horse. Anytime roids are discussed his dinosaur resurgence is mentioned. Barnett singlehandedly killed a promotion and has been plagued with a roid cloud his entire career. You recognize skill and also recognize cheaters are shitty people. Any accomplishments those guys made has an asterisk next to it.

Young vitor did have some fast hands though.
Yep. BTW, folks will still enjoy evaluating Jonny Jones the same way - with the asterisk understood

The consensus is Jones, his supporters, UFC, and USADA are idiots.

Back