So the consensus on sherdog is Jones can't win on Saturday?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Just getting this right

So if he loses Saturday that's obviously a loss

A win, with a positive test where he is sanctioned for a new ingestion is obviously a loss

But also a win with clean tests from here on out... is also a loss?

There's nothing Jones can do to win on Saturday in the eyes of the fans?

Dude has become the ultimate heel, wonder if he'll stick around for 4 or 5 more years

For his fans, any win is a win. Just look at the second Cormier fight.

Clean tests from here on out? By “here on out” you mean December 7th 2018?

He got popped Dec 6th 2018, then tested “clean” apparently on Dec 22nd. Lol

Oh my bad, he was just “Pulsing”.

Just getting this right

A win, with a positive test where he is sanctioned for a new ingestion is obviously a loss

Dude has become the ultimate heel, wonder if he'll stick around for 4 or 5 more years
Most heels I want to see lose. With jones I just really done give a shit.

For his fans, any win is a win. Just look at the second Cormier fight.
but people are telling me that he's been given the greenlight to fight with roids in his system on saturday, and seemingly perpetuity

Clean tests from here on out? By “here on out” you mean December 7th 2018?

He got popped Dec 6th 2018.

Oh my bad, he was just “Pulsing”.
Well the term "here on out" generally refers to the current date moving forward

so in this case here the term means "from 12/26/2018 11:20am EST and onward"

You're right TS. He can't win regardless.
The "fans" have decided that the third best athlete in his family, a 300k PPV fighter in a niche sport, somehow controls USADA and is worth destroying their reputation for. Could you actually imagine that?

Real fans however appreciate Jon Jones. If he can come back again after such a long layoff and take the belt with him it's only further proof that he's the undisputed GOAT in combat sports.
Not to mention what a distraction this must be for him during the last week before the fight of his life.

Jon is a bad motherfucker.

Just getting this right

Basically yes. Any win at this point is a win for Tbol.

But maybe, if he does the VADA and USADA testing from here on out, and he didn't pop for gear anymore, then he might rebuild his reputation.

Seriously, how can you still like this guy? I'm genuinely curious. I was a HUGE Jon Jones fan at first but after SO much blatant cheating even without considering his personal shenanigans, just the cheating(eyepokes/roids) has made me a hater. So does it just not matter as long as he keeps winning or something?
You're right TS. He can't win regardless.
The "fans" have decided that the third best athlete in his family, a 300k PPV fighter in a niche sport, somehow controls USADA and is worth destroying their reputation for. Could you actually imagine that?

Real fans however appreciate Jon Jones. If he can come back again after such a long layoff and take the belt with him it's only further proof that he's the undisputed GOAT in combat sports.
Not to mention what a distraction this must be for him during the last week before the fight of his life.

Jon is a bad motherfucker.

Jones is a cheater but Gus has a far worse history IMO

That and I struggle to root for someone who constantly pulls out of fights and so happens to be injured if a top contender calls him out, so rooting for Jones by default despite all this

Seriously, how can you still like this guy? I'm genuinely curious. I was a HUGE Jon Jones fan at first but after SO much blatant cheating even without considering his personal shenanigans, just the cheating(eyepokes/roids) has made me a hater. So does it just not matter as long as he keeps winning or something?

I guess I'm just not a hater, bud.

He can still win if his VADA test doesn’t pop then he wins and pisses clean.

Was his pulsing a micro dose? I have no clue about that shit but if he wins, he wins.

If he loses, HW is drooling just waiting for 243lb Jones.

I stopped caring a few years ago and I can't really explain why, especially since I still am/want to be involved with the sport

With guys in that division looking the way they do, its a matter of who got caught not who is doing it

I guess I'm just not a hater, bud.

Correction: I guess I have zero integrity or morals, bud.

Not only a cheater, but a guy that likes to smash into a pregnant womans car and run away leaving her there to possibly die. The guy is pure scum and so is anyone that likes him.

No matter who wins there’s gonna be an outrage here.

The problem I have is:
1. It’s usually someone else’s fault, or “out of my control”.
2. Believe’s, and wants people to believe, he’s a clean athlete... which just isn’t the case.

I can appreciate him as a fighter. But, I can also dismiss him because he’s a delusional narcissist/sociopath with zero regard for others.

Thats cool, each to his own. Is there anything he can do that will make you not a fan?

Obviously.

Correction: I guess I have zero integrity or morals, bud.

Not only a cheater, but a guy that likes to smash into a pregnant womans car and run away leaving her there to possibly die. The guy is pure scum and so is anyone that likes him.

Yea I'm sure that's his hobby outside of fighting, bud.

Back