So the consensus on sherdog is Jones can't win on Saturday?

Yea I'm sure that's his hobby outside of fighting, bud.

Pure scum...have to inject the word "hobby" to deflect from your scummy idol like a scumbag.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jon-jones-stripped-ufc-title-after-arrest-hit-and-run-n350121
"A witness to the crash said after the SUV slammed into the driver’s side of the Honda, a man later identified as Jones ran up a dirt hill, then ran back "to retrieve cash from the vehicle and shoved it into his pockets," before running off into a gated community, according to the warrant."

ofcorse he can win . the guy is still on roids for gods sake .... a roid free jones would loose , pretty sure of it

Pure scum...have to inject the word "hobby" to deflect from your scummy idol like a scumbag.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jon-jones-stripped-ufc-title-after-arrest-hit-and-run-n350121
"A witness to the crash said after the SUV slammed into the driver’s side of the Honda, a man later identified as Jones ran up a dirt hill, then ran back "to retrieve cash from the vehicle and shoved it into his pockets," before running off into a gated community, according to the warrant."

I didn't excuse his behavior I just made fun of you.

DifficultFickleBarbet-size_restricted.gif

Honestly the relationship Jon Jones fans have with him is so much like a toxic relationship, where the other partner keeps making promises they never keep. "I won't cheat again, I promise. <mma1>" Meanwhile the whole world is like "girl dump him"

I don't think people really care that much tbh. Fighters have been popping for Roids right and left for years now and it never seems to really gain traction with the fanbase. I think its mostly because the "fanbase" has dwindled to essentially the diehards of the sport aside from the biennial Conor fight.

USADA was implemented to bring mainstream legitimacy to the sport. All its done is essentially expose how dirty the sport was and still is, turn off casual fans, and alienate hardcores who are confused and angry at the inconsistency and outright corruption of the testing and punishments.

In not a small bit of irony, the two things implemented to make UFC mainstream, Reebok and USADA, have made the sport more niche than it's been in almost ten years..

He should be allowed to use loaded gloves by the UFC at this point.

You're right TS. He can't win regardless.
The "fans" have decided that the third best athlete in his family, a 300k PPV fighter in a niche sport, somehow controls USADA and is worth destroying their reputation for. Could you actually imagine that?

Real fans however appreciate Jon Jones. If he can come back again after such a long layoff and take the belt with him it's only further proof that he's the undisputed GOAT in combat sports.
Not to mention what a distraction this must be for him during the last week before the fight of his life.

Jon is a bad motherfucker.

It's not Jones, it's his owners, the UFC, they are the ones who make the real money.

He will win if he is on steroids.
He is on steroids.
Therefore, he will win.

You're right TS. He can't win regardless.
The "fans" have decided that the third best athlete in his family, a 300k PPV fighter in a niche sport, somehow controls USADA and is worth destroying their reputation for. Could you actually imagine that?

Real fans however appreciate Jon Jones. If he can come back again after such a long layoff and take the belt with him it's only further proof that he's the undisputed GOAT in combat sports.
Not to mention what a distraction this must be for him during the last week before the fight of his life.

Jon is a bad motherfucker.

Jones last PPV did 860K, granted with a good undercard but nothing massive on it and its not him personally people feel has influence over USADA its the UFC.

If he wins and the win will not be overturned by the commision then Jones has a W on his record and everything that comes with it, such as the UFC LHW belt, his win bonus money and so on. And nobody would give a shit if that's not a 'real win' in the eyes of a few basement-dwelling sherdog virgin nerds.

Just getting this right

So if he loses Saturday that's obviously a loss

A win, with a positive test where he is sanctioned for a new ingestion is obviously a loss

But also a win with clean tests from here on out... is also a loss?

There's nothing Jones can do to win on Saturday in the eyes of the fans?

Dude has become the ultimate heel, wonder if he'll stick around for 4 or 5 more years

He tested postive for roids. He either wins by cheating or loses cheating

If he wins and the win will not be overturned by the commision then Jones has a W on his record and everything that comes with it, such as the UFC LHW belt, his win bonus money and so on. And nobody would give a shit if that's not a 'real win' in the eyes of a few basement-dwelling sherdog virgin nerds.

Keep telling yourself that.

Seriously, how can you still like this guy? I'm genuinely curious. I was a HUGE Jon Jones fan at first but after SO much blatant cheating even without considering his personal shenanigans, just the cheating(eyepokes/roids) has made me a hater. So does it just not matter as long as he keeps winning or something?
its easy to root for an Alpha. the guy is a savant genius at hurting people.

the guy is also hilarious, "hey pussy are you still there"

jokes around with DC saying "I bet I could take you down :cool:" DC goes full butthurt, so Jon makes him literally cry

its kind of fun rooting for the guy that makes everyone so butthurt. He may embarass himself often, but you as a fan never truly have egg on your face. because the guy never loses in the actual fight

If you think about it, fans thinking whatever they want won't affect him whatsoever, not to mention that only "hardcores" are the ones that care about tests and suspensions being upheld.

The casual fan, and the ones that just care about fights, give no fucks.

I don't think there's anything Jones can do to win this upcoming fight. There are steps he could take to redeem himself for future fights. He could come clean about his cheating (consciously, not just in occasional slips of the tongue); apologise to fans, the promotion and the opponents he roided against; then voluntarily submit to rigorous testing for the rest of his career. If he did that and won fights without poking eyes, I could start to believe in him.

Its a win win for Gus. If he wins, he beat the unstoppable cheater. If he loses, it wasn't a fair level playing field.

Back