So on JRE, GSP said he was planning on challenging Rockhold until Bisping "ruined everything"

?

• Total voters
I believe him but I doubt he would have beaten Luke.

^ Perfect example of the Canadians stereotyping French Canadiens.

Gsp was incredible and was deserving of canadian athlete of the year. That can ve true and canadians can be resentful of french Canadiens also.

none of that is applicable to gsp....

biggest gsp nuthuggers we're actually from rest of canada (especially ontario)

Georges wanted no part of Luke or any other mw that had 2 good eyes and was under 40 years old. This is so pathetic but typical from his gullible fanbase to believe that this guy was all of a sudden a fearless warrior when he spent the prior ten plus years avoiding Anderson Silva Robbie lawller pig rigg twood...

dont know whats more pathetic

gsp making all those excuses and claims

or his gullible fan base buying his excuses and claims?

none of that is applicable to gsp....

biggest gsp nuthuggers we're actually from rest of canada (especially ontario)

No reason to call them nut huggers. No reason to say nationalism is responsible for gsp fanship. All of it relates to gsp. He was arguably the best to ever do it. That's gonna bring fans.

And it is remarkable you have been able to complete such comprehensive population studies while also posting on sherdog.

visiting people in jail doesnt make you a criminal

No but it’s not a good look.

What do drugs dealer’s like to do for fun?

The image GSP presents of himself as a nerdy bookish guy into paleontology in his free time is worthy of derision.

No reason to call them nut huggers. No reason to say nationalism is responsible for gsp fanship. All of it relates to gsp. He was arguably the best to ever do it. That's gonna bring fans.

And it is remarkable you have been able to complete such comprehensive population studies while also posting on sherdog.

no, all you gotta do is watch fights at the time and all the ppl with canadian flags supporting gsp

but youre right. they were probably dutch with canadian flags

Avoided Anderson... Anderson was in another weight class you fuckin goof. GSP always said if he was going to move up to 185 he would take a lot of time off and bulk up. He did exactly that and everyone still wants to spin shit.
You realize that Rockhold was naturally a big ass 185er, right; not a bulked up 168er like Silva? AndYeah, he took four years to bulk up and apparently was not even enough because when GSP had to fight actual contenders after the old one-eyed gatekeeper he quit because he couldn't keep the weight.

With Hendricks rumors were circulating like weeks out from the fight on this very forum that he was going to step away from the sport win lose or draw. So yeah you sad fucks do just keep believing what you want to believe so you can keep in hating the man. Pathetic
Wrong again, I beleive nothing. I don't need to. I have no Mesiah (French accented or not)

He've talked about leaving but only didn't when he realized of what he'd gotten away with.

He left, he came back and refused to fight anyone legit. His choice. But just don't sell us outrageous ridculous shit like, he was going to fight Rockhold. It's silly.

But feel free to Believe

comment_hgUom5jVIdeQDHJoeHaxXCREwkQsVObd,w400.jpg

GSP articles never fail to bring out the bitter Anderson Silva fans, to vent their rage that Georges achieved what their idol never could.

And never failed a PED test. And retired on top.

GSP articles never fail to bring out the bitter Anderson Silva fans, to vent their rage that Georges achieved what their idol never could.

Well only a select few failed a drug test prior to 2015.
It's not really an accomplishment

Nice non answer. Did you see Tony Rubalcava smash Luke Rockhold on the ground though? It's about as relevant as everything else you're saying.
It's the only relevant thing. What is in discussion here is not the result of a hypothetical fight, It's whether GSP was extremely risk averse after Serra. You can expect Luke to shit the bed from time to time, but no way GSP was going to gamble for the chance. And he actually didn't. And he could. Facts.

For me it's honestly hard to believe but there's no point trying to figure out if it's the truth. I really wished he would've fought whittaker after beating bisping tho, as it would be more believable in my eyes.

I'm 50/50 on this

Well only a select few failed a drug test prior to 2015.
It's not really an accomplishment
An accomplishment Anderson couldn’t achieve. They start testing and he pops basically immediately.

Just a coincidence, I’m sure :)

dont know whats more pathetic

gsp making all those excuses and claims

or his gullible fan base buying his excuses and claims?

His fans are the absolute worst of any sports fanbase. I would respect gsp if he came out and said yeah I didn't want to fight these mws they are all 6'3 and walk around at 220lbs in shape. He has been on this tour of lies and on this poppycock media circuit he's making claims that cannot be proven wrong other than his track record of ducking of the highest order.

He was also going to defend. You'd have to be really gullible to believe him on this. GSP has always been very measured about what fights he'd take. He didn't just play it safe inside of the cage but also for picking his fights.

So... all this is to say canadian nationalism is a pretty weak source of GSP fan bias. There are likely far more Canadians who dislike Quebecois than there are Canadians who would support gsp just because he is from Quebec.
St-Pierre (c) vs. Shields UFC 129 - Third largest crowd in UFC history. Almost thee times more that McGregor's largest crowd.
In fucking Toronto.

Everyone loves to identify with victory. Them Quebecois lost. We Canadians won. If you catch my drift.

Silva beat better people, had more defenses, and didn’t get beaten into retirement by Hendricks.

GSP has little incentive to lie and tends to be very humble and honest in the way he talks about himself and other fighters...no good reason not to take him at his word.
i agree but i don't know man. luke is a way bigger dude and tougher fight for gsp.

Reactions: MRT
Back