So on JRE, GSP said he was planning on challenging Rockhold until Bisping "ruined everything"

?

• Total voters
It’s common knowledge that georges cherry picked a one eyed Bisping who had one foot out of the door of an already flukey title reign.

I mean, unless you have a nationalistic bias—then this knowledge is less common.

The Quebecois considwe themselves, and are considered by other Canadians a distinct nation within Canada. Hence Canada's official bilingualism.

There js a lot of resentment toward quebec from the rest of Canada, particularly in the west. As a result of quebecs worries that their contributions to the Canadian identity are going to be lost among the English speaking majority, there are special rules in some parts of Canada forbidding signage from being displayed in which English is more prominent or bigger than French. There are government funded cultural practices for quebec which are essentially funded by the rest of Canada's tax dollars. Government representatives often must speak both official languages and products must include French as well as English, costing more money for manufacturers. There is a political party that plays a significant role in national poiitics that is concerned primarily with the interests of quebec and this party must be reckoned with by any would-be government. This means much of Canada feels their political concerns are second to whatever quebec wants.
etc. Etc.

So... all this is to say canadian nationalism is a pretty weak source of GSP fan bias. There are likely far more Canadians who dislike Quebecois than there are Canadians who would support gsp just because he is from Quebec.

LMAO. He was licking his chops seeing cyclops Bisping with the belt.

Rockhold would have been an easier fight imo. Luckily he got bisping.

He lies all the time what?? Lol do you not remember the drama after his first retirement when he teasing at fighting every champ between LW-MW after almost every PPV..

THEN he lied again when he came back and said he would defend the MW title if he beat Bisping. He’s always cherry picked and has always teased his own returns because he wants to make a boat load of cash (which is perfectly fine).

The juxtaposition between the likely real GSP and the canned answers/Saint that the fanboys believe in is likely massive.

It’s known GSP has ties to the Rizzuto crime family and visits mafia figures in jail;

https://montrealgazette.com/busines...oyer-has-ufcs-georges-st-pierre-in-his-corner

Yet the fanboys believe he’s this zen/philanthropist.

I love that all the haters instantly come onto any GSP thread to badmouth him. Shows they hate that GSP is GOAT so they have to try to bring him down even though it is futile and their protestations simply prove that he is in fact, GOAT.

EDIT: these are probably the same people who would believe the Pink Goof and Conor but disbelieve guys like GSP and Poirier

He would have simply outstruck luke on the feet and used well timed takedowns here and there at the end of rounds. No version of Luke Rockhold outstrikes GSP. Anyways, I believe GSP. I don't see why he'd lie to Joe rogan of all people, and danaher has mentioned this same exact story himself if I recall correctly. I doubt GSP and danaher got together and said "lets lie about when I first started thinking about going to MW"

He was visibly gassing at the end of the 2nd against Bisping. I dont think GSP had 5 rounds of cardio @ 185. He might be ahead on the cards and outstrike Luke on the feet but Lukes the best kicker hed have fought short of Alves and Condit really the only kicker actually and the best body kicker by a large margin. That would add up in depleting his cardio. GSP might be up on the cards but Luke finishes him late TBH

funny how he never said that before and instead was talking about fluctuation of mma stock market (in other words he admitted he was after low risk/high reward fights)

The juxtaposition between the likely real GSP and the canned answers/Saint that the fanboys believe in is likely massive.

It’s known GSP has ties to the Rizzuto crime family and visits mafia figures in jail;

https://montrealgazette.com/busines...oyer-has-ufcs-georges-st-pierre-in-his-corner

Yet the fanboys believe he’s this zen/philanthropist.

Organized crime and sports.. especially combat sports is nothing knew...also visiting people in jail doesnt make you a criminal...just a friend

The Quebecois considwe themselves, and are considered by other Canadians a distinct nation within Canada. Hence Canada's official bilingualism.

There js a lot of resentment toward quebec from the rest of Canada, particularly in the west. As a result of quebecs worries that their contributions to the Canadian identity are going to be lost among the English speaking majority, there are special rules in some parts of Canada forbidding signage from being displayed in which English is more prominent or bigger than French. There are government funded cultural practices for quebec which are essentially funded by the rest of Canada's tax dollars. Government representatives often must speak both official languages and products must include French as well as English, costing more money for manufacturers. There is a political party that plays a significant role in national poiitics that is concerned primarily with the interests of quebec and this party must be reckoned with by any would-be government. This means much of Canada feels their political concerns are second to whatever quebec wants.
etc. Etc.

So... all this is to say canadian nationalism is a pretty weak source of GSP fan bias. There are likely far more Canadians who dislike Quebecois than there are Canadians who would support gsp just because he is from Quebec.

thats absurd considering how gsp was canadian athlete of the year on many occasions.

canadians usually support any canadian no matter where they come from

french canadians, on the other hand, mostly just support other french canadians or quebec residents

Garbage men are extremely well paid. So he's likely bullshitting how poor he was at the time. You don't have a body like that if you have to skip meals.

Not when GSP was coming up and not compared to what he made after...

Your missing the point anyways..the guy pushed for the challenges not take the easy way its in his character ...or he could of just been a MMA hobbyists and keep that "well paying" garbage man job ...

GSP is a challenge seeker...you dont come back from knee injuries to regain and get another title without having a strong mindset and goal orientated lifestyle

I like GSP and he's my #1 GOAT, but I don't buy this at all. Sure, GSP, who is extremely intelligent and calculated, wasn't taking into account the result of the MW title fight between Luke and Bisp when deciding his epic comeback, even though it's obvious that Bisping is a much better matchup. Older, more damaged, smaller and worse grappling. Lol... come on man. Makes zero sense.

Not when GSP was coming up and not compared to what he made after...

Your missing the point anyways..the guy pushed for the challenges not take the easy way its in his character ...or he could of just been a MMA hobbyists and keep that "well paying" garbage man job ...

GSP is a challenge seeker...you dont come back from knee injuries to regain and get another title without having a strong mindset and goal orientated lifestyle
Being a challenge seeker is fine I'm not saying he snot. All I'm saying is I doubt the level of hardship he's trying to sell with those statements

And gsp came out in the early 2000s. Garbage men were being paid well by that time. It may be dirty and not very desirable but they are well taken care of and well compensated

Probably about as true as when him / his team said he was lighter against bisping than he was at WW.

Dunno why that camp feels the need to lie so much.

it’s not like he needs to prove anything at this point.

Yeah, GSP, avoided Anderson for year, ran away from Hendrix after his bullshyte decision, and stayed out for four years, only to come back to face the one-eyed old gatekeeper, and retire again instead of facing actual conteders (In any weightclass).

But he was going to fight Luke fuking Rockold at his prime, only we don't believe. Yours is cultits' behaviour.
just-believe-5c15b3.jpg

We've seen a version of LW no-wining-record Matt Serra oustriking GSP. "No version" he said...
Avoided Anderson... Anderson was in another weight class you fuckin goof. GSP always said if he was going to move up to 185 he would take a lot of time off and bulk up. He did exactly that and everyone still wants to spin shit.

With Hendricks rumors were circulating like weeks out from the fight on this very forum that he was going to step away from the sport win lose or draw. So yeah you sad fucks do just keep believing what you want to believe so you can keep in hating the man. Pathetic

Most of us like GSP, and are fans. But this is just stupid. Firas, GSP and everyone else knows that this would never happen. GSP is a smart and calculated guy. So is Firas. Luke had just made his friend and trainingpartner (that was a huge MW) look like a helpless child the second he got on top of him. Yes, GSP is the best ww ever, but Luke would dominat him. He was never taking that fight.

thats absurd considering how gsp was canadian athlete of the year on many occasions.

canadians usually support any canadian no matter where they come from

french canadians, on the other hand, mostly just support other french canadians or quebec residents

^ Perfect example of the Canadians stereotyping French Canadiens.

Gsp was incredible and was deserving of canadian athlete of the year. That can ve true and canadians can be resentful of french Canadiens also.

Georges wanted no part of Luke or any other mw that had 2 good eyes and was under 40 years old. This is so pathetic but typical from his gullible fanbase to believe that this guy was all of a sudden a fearless warrior when he spent the prior ten plus years avoiding Anderson Silva Robbie lawller pig rigg twood...

Back