So on JRE, GSP said he was planning on challenging Rockhold until Bisping "ruined everything"

?

• Total voters
Fitch and especially Condit should be listed with the above guys. Fitch got robbed against Penn and was a perennial top 10 P4P guy for years as the #2 WW he also beat Shields altho both past it

Condit was putting it on Hendricks and would've prolly finished him if it was 5. It was an extremely close fight and Hendricks winning the 2nd based on TDs while getting elbowed from bottom most the round was dubious

Nick has more question marks but Fitch and especially Carlos are all-time WWs. Prime Carlos in 5 rounds is a handful for anyone ever at that weight. Most thought he beat prime Lawler too. Shields was also a great MW which might need to be mentioned
Agreed with everything except that Fitch was robbed. Draw was exactly the right call; 2 rounds for BJ and a 10-8 for Fitch. That was a great fight people forget about now

I've said it before and I'll say it again. GSP haters are the lowest form of scum on Sherdog.

People shit on the goat jones all day every day, but people calling out the guy who ruined divisions twice out of cowardice is verboten.

Agreed with everything except that Fitch was robbed. Draw was exactly the right call; 2 rounds for BJ and a 10-8 for Fitch. That was a great fight people forget about now

I only gave BJ the 1st TBH. 2nd was close but Fitch took the edge late I thought. 3rd was all Fitch and prolly a 10-8. Should've been 29-27 or 29-28 Fitch IMO

Lol. You have a vivid imagination.

Look at the poll bud. A majority of the sherdoggers are saying gsp ducked luke. You wonder why ? It's because Luke was more of a threat than bisping ever was. Bisping was knocked down by old man hendo twice and that made gsp cherry pick him. I don't blame gsp for choosing the easy route but to say that gsp would have fought a prime luke would be silly.

What a bunch of bullshit. Also all of the gsp fanboys here fail to realize that. gsp ducked anderson, woodley, khabib, and usman. ofc he would duck a prime luke in exchange for a glorified journeyman.
Yeah he ducked a guy not in his weight class and a bunch of guys that weren’t anywhere near the top ten when he was the reigning champ. GSP haters are real fucking dumb

Look at the poll bud. A majority of the sherdoggers are saying gsp ducked luke. You wonder why ? It's because Luke was more of a threat than bisping ever was. Bisping was knocked down by old man hendo twice and that made gsp cherry pick him. I don't blame gsp for choosing the easy route but to say that gsp would have fought a prime luke would be silly.
Sherdog is full of idiots.

But, but, look at the poll!!!!

Who should I believe, one of the greatest fighters of all time or some loser on Sherdog? Hmmmmm. Tough call.

People shit on the goat jones all day every day, but people calling out the guy who ruined divisions twice out of cowardice is verboten.
Jones is human garbage.
GSP is a class act.

It's not rocket surgery bud.

Silva was not a bulked up 168er at that point. He was filled out and never going to make 170 again. That’s why he never challenged for GSPs belt. Just look at him compared to other 185ers he fought lmao
I didn't say he would make 170. (He did 175 the very same year he joined the UfC), but Rockhold was always larger. He'd never make 168 at any age. In fact, it's questionble that he would be a 185er had he fought before the days water manpulation became a thing.

So Silva was too large for 27-32 yo active GSP, but larger Luke was not for 36 long-retired GSP? I see

no, all you gotta do is watch fights at the time and all the ppl with canadian flags supporting gsp

but youre right. they were probably dutch with canadian flags

Yeah, no for sure. That definitely proves that they are from Ontario.

https://ogjre.com/episode/jre-mma-show-107-with-georges-st-pierre

2:24:20

do you believe him or is GSP fibbing and selling wolf tickets? Said he wouldnt fight Weidman since they have similar team affiliations and have/did train together a decent amount. So he started looking at Luke after he won the title
Number 1 bullshit from GSP. He has tried to put that narrative out there before as well.

Sure he dropped the belt 1 week after the fight. He never had any intention to fight one of the real top guys at MW.

Bisping getting starched by Gastelum a few weeks later shows were that GSP win should really rank.

I think GSP is the GOAT, even if he didn't move up to win the MW belt. His overall resume of top 10 & top 5 wins, title defenses, not failed PED tests, avenged all his losses, retired as champ. Having said that, I have a hard time believing it.

Like when Anderson was champ, GSP tried to convince people Anderson was 45 lbs bigger than him. GSP even at 195, is in great shape, with no excess body fat. He has a habit of bringing up other peoples walk around weight as evidence he's at a disadvantage, but Anderson at 45 lbs bigger than GSP is not in fight shape. I think GSP would've beat Anderson BTW, he would've Chael'd him except not get subbed. Khabib at 195 lbs does not look like GSP, GSP is a bit disingenuous when he suggests Khabib is bigger or as big as him by talking about Khabib's walk around weight. Khabib at his 155 weigh in, does not look as ripped/shredded as GSP at his 170 weigh in.

GoatSP is the ufc goat. He’s beaten every man he’s ever fought, unlike the frauds in the goat discussion with him. He would’ve fought and beat Luke.

Yeah, no for sure. That definitely proves that they are from Ontario.

The Dutch and Canada have a great relationship, that is celebrated in both countries annually.

Sherdog is full of idiots.

But, but, look at the poll!!!!

Who should I believe, one of the greatest fighters of all time or some loser on Sherdog? Hmmmmm. Tough call.

I don't think Georges' ability or resume matters here. I could see several great fighters/boxers/athletes of the the past or present lying about this stuff.. There is plenty of frail egos in this game.

But personally, I don't think Georges cares if UFC fans value his MW championship as lesser, and I don't think GSP would feel the need to lie in order to regain their appreciation. Nobody is taking his MW championship win away.

I believe Georges' dishonesty is more apparent when doesn't say something directly. He's very careful with his words. When pressed with questions about Dana's clause that Georges would have to defend the MW title, GSP would have comments like "That's what they say". I think Georges has zero intention of defending the belt, and UFC tried to put as much contractual obligation as they could, but ultimately can't force anyone to fight. I believe Georges and his team had a doctor note ready before the Ping fight went down.

I didn't say he would make 170. (He did 175 the very same year he joined the UfC), but Rockhold was always larger. He'd never make 168 at any age. In fact, it's questionble that he would be a 185er had he fought before the days water manpulation became a thing.

So Silva was too large for 27-32 yo active GSP, but larger Luke was not for 36 long-retired GSP? I see
Who in the world are you talking about fighting at 175? Anderson Silva never fought at 175 in the UFC. He did fight at 170 waaaay back before he fought in Pride. He was much skinnier then than he was in the UFC.

GSP was actually always transparent about it. He said in interviews that he would not move up to 185 unless he took time off to bulk. It was never even about a specific opponent. Since that’s exactly what he ended up doing I don’t know why you haters have such a hard time believing him.

he's my favorite fighter of all time, and 99% of the time i believe him, but... not sure on this one. i think bisping was just about the only MW champ that would have pulled him out of the woodwork. it was a tailor made matchup for him.

Back