So if Krusher lost to Ward, can GGG beat ward?

Id favor Ward slightly but his last fight doesnt increase his odds IMO. GGG is much more relentless than Kov and is willing to trade shots. It would be interesting to see if Ward has the pop to keep GGG off him, assuming this fight is at 164.

Ward whips him, why aren't you seeing this?

Ward was willing to fight him at 164 and GGG (or his pro,others) said "no".

GGG also failed to make fights against Carl Froch, Anothy Darrell, Peter Quillen, Sergio Martinez, Miguel Cotto, Daniel Jacobs, Canelo Alvarez and Erilandy Lara. Any of those guys would be better wins than anyone GGG has beat so far. Of course his pro,others and fans claim that all of them were scared to fight GGG, unlike guys like David Lemieux and Willie Monroe, but I suspect that at least a few of those fights would have happened if they had really wanted them.
I don't think that's an accurate list. Martinez, Cotto and Canelo if not ducked they at least wanted optional defenses before they fought him. He's in talks with Jacobs to make a fight. Lara isn't a MW and aside from statements to the press about being willing I'm not sure any effort has been made to negotiate that fight.

You know I'd like to believe that Golovkin can actually beat Ward, but I can see ward eking out a win. Ward is a survivor who can show judges that he has the wily skill to beat offensive boxers. But I think Golovkin would do better on the inside than Kovalev.

Its just seems that evasive, counter punchers seem to always have the advantage and the judges favor. So, it makes me think are these type of fighters at this level unbeatable?
The boxer beats the puncher. Add to that a size advantage for Ward and he should be the favorite.

I wouldn't say that. Kovalev fought a razor close fight with Ward that really could have gone either way. GGG actually has a more well rounded skill set than Kov, he's just a bit smaller.
I would.

Ward does whatever he wants to Golovkin. Golovkin can crack and box but Kovalevs strength is significantly different. Ward would tear Golovkin up inside. He was able to get it going against a bigger stronger killer, hed do the same to GGG with more success.

Id favor Ward slightly but his last fight doesnt increase his odds IMO. GGG is much more relentless than Kov and is willing to trade shots. It would be interesting to see if Ward has the pop to keep GGG off him, assuming this fight is at 164.
Doesnt need to keep Golovkin off of him. He can let Golovkin come inside and then maul him in the clinch. Golovkin walking into Ward would be a huge mistake.

Ward doesnt even know if he will fullfill his rematch contractual agreement with Kovalev.

Hell ride off into the sunset packed with all the belts and controversial decison. Awesome fighter.

GGG relies on attrition to win. Accumulated punishment and relentless pressure to stop (usually) smaller guys in the mid to late rounds,... we've never seen GGG down on points and rally to win for example.

You'd have to go with Ward because he's simply too big and skilled for GGG to work his plan, and GGG hasn't shown versatility to win in another way. Additionally, Ward has fought fighters as good as GGG, GGG has never been in the ring with anyone remotely close to Ward. That has to effect the ability to prepare for and adjust to the fight. It wouldn't be a blow out, but a comfortable decision. Ward 116-112.

Golovkin has as good a chance as anyone, but he's still a long shot. And it's a moot point since GGG's promoters consistently find excuses to avoid the best fighters, including Ward. No chance they would take a risk with Ward now, after he is even bigger and more proven.

'yeah.. boxing as a sports trying to make new starts.. so alot of really talented fighters will not be getting the real tough fights for a while.. they only have joshua fighting klkich because hes very old now and joshua is the future.

Down on points against a welterweight, thats an even stronger argument for Ward winning a relatively easy fight.

I mean you won the debate but against a more appropriately sized opponent and late in a fight would be more impressive.

lol I'm just being a jackass. I agree with the attrition thing, and I think Ward takes this one pretty easily.

btw, I got to go to the ward kovalev fight. First big boxing match ever. It was sad that no one made a big deal about it, but it was good for me because everything was so damn cheap.

I would.

Ward does whatever he wants to Golovkin. Golovkin can crack and box but Kovalevs strength is significantly different. Ward would tear Golovkin up inside. He was able to get it going against a bigger stronger killer, hed do the same to GGG with more success.

Kavalev is definitely bigger and likely has better one shot power. He may even be physically stronger, but I don't know. Whether or not he is physically stronger is somewhat negated by his relative unwillingness to mix it up at medium and close distance, which is GGG's strength. Ward struggled for 12 rounds with Kovalev, that was a very difficult win he got. I don't see ggg being so much easier.

Of course ward has been in with a much higher level of competition than GGG. So we are left in someways to wonder how GGG's skill set will translate on the elite level.

Kavalev is definitely bigger and likely has better one shot power. He may even be physically stronger, but I don't know. Whether or not he is physically stronger is somewhat negated by his relative unwillingness to mix it up at medium and close distance, which is GGG's strength. Ward struggled for 12 rounds with Kovalev, that was a very difficult win he got. I don't see ggg being so much easier.

Of course ward has been in with a much higher level of competition than GGG. So we are left in someways to wonder how GGG's skill set will translate on the elite level.

I just think the size/strength difference inside is something that Golovkin cant overcome. Golovkin is a really talented guy but I cant think of a worse matchup for him without going into fantasy fight lands.

Sucks they couldnt get that one done before he went up because it would be a fun fight. Basically zero chance we see that now.

Ward doesnt even know if he will fullfill his rematch contractual agreement with Kovalev.

Hell ride off into the sunset packed with all the belts and controversial decison. Awesome fighter.
source?

Well tiny Crawford showed holes that Ward would expose... But then again GGG lets people hit him flush on purpose. So I dont know

I just think the size/strength difference inside is something that Golovkin cant overcome. Golovkin is a really talented guy but I cant think of a worse matchup for him without going into fantasy fight lands.

Sucks they couldnt get that one done before he went up because it would be a fun fight. Basically zero chance we see that now.

I would have liked to see it too. The bright side, is that Ward vs Kovalev and GGG vs Canelo were always the most sensible matchups (to me at least), and that should end up being what we get. If Ward derailed GGG, Canelo may no longer see the upside of fighting GGG anytime soon.

Well tiny Crawford showed holes that Ward would expose... But then again GGG lets people hit him flush on purpose. So I dont know

Hm. Must have missed that one.

I would.

See what taking all the poetry inside of oneself can do for someone?......Witness my beautifully delicious human beings.

Back