So How can you defend Conor & Zuffa one that???

What is the obsession with a fighter that haesnt fought in 2 years and constantly injured?

Why is he awesome? You think he beats RDA now? Yeah right.

Conor picked nobody. You think he thinks he can't beat weak gut Cowboy? Did you see his RDA fight? He picked someone who went the distance with RDA and took him on at a higher weight class.

How can you criticize McGregor's win over Mendes as being due to short notice if you want Khabib in?

Do you agree that Khabib is ducking Ferguson if he said he couldn't fight Ferguson in early March, but is down for Conor? Is Khabib ducking fighters for favourable match ups?

Is Edgar lying about an injury?
I get your point but its a bit of a tough sell to say Khabib is ducking Ferguson when he already signed to fight him lol

I get your point but its a bit of a tough sell to say Khabib is ducking Ferguson when he already signed to fight him lol

I promise you I do not believe Khabib is ducking Ferguson.

It's more the fact that he's suddenly ready to fight McGregor in early March, but asked for his fight with Ferguson (which was on this card) to be pushed to mid-April. I just don't see how someone could say McGregor is ducking Khabib, when Khabib is happy to take a more favourable stylistic match up when he already has a fight booked with Ferguson that he chose to delay.

Also, the same people who wont give props to McGregor for the short-notice Mendes win, now want short-notice Khabib.

Last edited:
khabib is already training for ferguson where as chad was completely out of shape

ufc had cerrone/pettis as options and opted for the worst of all of them.
Light must bend around you if you're this dense. Derp.

When there is big money on the line its interesting to see how many people can suddenly fight. Khabib is a joke. I'm glad he wasn't even considered.

Again, get it through your thick skull:

Khabib not only has a fight booked for April, but it's FUCKING IN APRIL because he complained he wasn't in good enough health yet to fight in March -- so they had to push it. Live with it. Embrace it.
keep dreaming and making excuses.
He said he can. You claiming he can't is asinine at best!

Khabib is a no name to casuals they obviously went with who's the most popular with fans.

Not that hard too understand
this is not about hard to understand.
This is about a bad excuse.

Khabib is the #1 contender. To claim he is unknown is dumb.
They can hype it and you know it.
If he was a better matchup for Conor, he would be the one fighting, and for the interim belt!

Isn't Khabib booked to fight someone else and has not fought in 2 years?
he is. BUt a replacement for next week and you don't want to open up a fight next month?
That's a poor excuse.
Move Khabib for next week. Then you have A MONTH to deal with a replacement for Khabib

I find it odd that a man who was scheduled to have a title shot at lightweight is now expected to face the hardest possible match up at lightweight because the champ pulled out of the fight. A fan friendly fight against a game but likely underdog opponent seems perfectly reasonable in this context. Nothing about this entire turn of events makes McGregor look bad, and the insistence of so many fans that it does shows what a jaundiced viewpoint Sherdog can have sometimes.

A lot of other fighters have declined to fight at all in these circumstances. Jones wouldn't fight Chael Sonnen on short notice, and Werdum wouldn't fight Stipe. Had McGregor simply pulled out of 196 and demanded the champ vs champ fight be rescheduled, he'd be reacting reasonably and according to precedent. Instead he still wants to fight, just like he did against Mendes when Aldo pulled out last minute, who without the benefit of hindsight (or even with it) was a very tough match up for Conor.

Khabib of all people has little room to complain here. Dos Anjos went from being derailed, to surprising underdog victor, to challenger, to champ, to dominant defending champ in the time Khabib has been gone, and Khabib has already made a fuss about mot being rushed into returning too early. He's a great fighter and no doubt a possible future LW champ, but the guy needs to focus on beating Ferguson at this point. A win against Ferguson gives him a place in line for a title shot.

COme on now, you are going for a lot of straws here.
1) he had nothing to lose against Mendes. He was not the champ, and he was fighting a guy without a training camp.(they even picked this guy over the other one who was in-shape) AND made it an interim title fight.
2) Werdum was injured.
3) Jon got a lot of flak for not accepting that fight (including by the president of this organization), so using it as an example like it was accepted is asinine at best.
4) Khabib is the #1 contender. Say what you want to discredit, this is obviously the fight to take if you claim you are the best of this division. But I find it refreshing you (at least) admit that he is the most dangerous opponent.

But it is a little odd that you claim Conor is game to fight and should be commended, but on the other hand allows him to pick and choose which fighter is the easiest fight for him... because if he does that (and he IS doing that), then how can you acclaim the bravery of not picking the hardest fight for you to show you can truly beat everyone?

How very odd...

Zuffa refuses Khabib then pair Conor with a striker....
One that is 2-3, including the guy Dana claims is top 15 and declining......

I dont think you can whine about anything when this is on such short notice. The fact that McGregor is still fighting someone and the main event is not Taint vs Holm is good enough for me

COme on now, you are going for a lot of straws here.
1) he had nothing to lose against Mendes. He was not the champ, and he was fighting a guy without a training camp.(they even picked this guy over the other one who was in-shape) AND made it an interim title fight.

No, McGregor had a title shot to lose. Had Mendes won the fight, Mendes would have had the interim title and as such would have been next in line to fight Aldo. This is obvious. The same is true now. McGregor was scheduled to fight RDA for the lightweight title. If he loses the replacement fight, he loses that opportunity.

2) Werdum was injured.

He was. But he was injured slightly enough that he was willing to fight clear up until it was clear that he would fight a replacement rather than Cain. It's not a perfect comparison to McGregor's situation, but it's not irrelevant either. I'm not calling Werdum a coward or any such nonsense. I think he's a very tough and very smart fighter. But if guys as good as Jones and Werdum are wary of last minute replacement fights, and they have shown that they are, then that tells us that McGregor is going above and beyond what can be reasonably expected of top fighters in this type of situation.

Another key difference between Werdum's situation is that his replacement was a top contender in the division, and McGregor's isn't. I think this is readily explained by the fact that Werdum is the champ, so he always ought to fight the top contender available in his division. At LW, McGregor is not the champ, so if his title shot is delayed because the champ pulls out, it doesn't necessarily follow that his title shot ought to be replaced by a fight with another top contender. Such a policy would have the effect of punishing contenders for the champ's injury, and give the champ incentive to feign injury to avoid contenders. (At least two contenders who earned title shots with Aldo never received them after Aldo pulled out of their fights with injuries. I am not suggesting Aldo purposely ducked them, but when it happens more than once, it raises the question.)

3) Jon got a lot of flak for not accepting that fight (including by the president of this organization), so using it as an example like it was accepted is asinine at best.

Jones did get a lot of flak for refusing a replacement. How does that justify McGregor getting flak from the likes of you for accepting a replacement? If someone is being asinine here, it isn't me.

4) Khabib is the #1 contender. Say what you want to discredit, this is obviously the fight to take if you claim you are the best of this division. But I find it refreshing you (at least) admit that he is the most dangerous opponent.

If Khabib is the number one contender, then why is he scheduled for a contender eliminator fight with Ferguson, in which it was understood that the winner would fight the winner of RDA/McGregor? Khabib was the number one contender two years ago, but the title landscape has changed radically in that time. He needs a good win to show where he is after being on the shelf for two years.

Now Khabib does require a bit of thought here, because in all likelihood he will fight for a LW title sooner rather than later, and in all likelihood he will be a terrible match up for McGregor. I think if McGregor were to somehow win the LW title and then avoid Khabib, he would be wide open to accusations of ducking. But that isn't yet where we are.

But it is a little odd that you claim Conor is game to fight and should be commended, but on the other hand allows him to pick and choose which fighter is the easiest fight for him... because if he does that (and he IS doing that), then how can you acclaim the bravery of not picking the hardest fight for you to show you can truly beat everyone?

Can you show that Mcgregor picked and chose an opponent. All reports I ave heard suggest he was willing to take all comers, and his track record of fighting Mendes as a late replacement, who on paper is a terrible match up for him, earns him the benefit of the doubt. Add in the additional fact that as a FW champ moving up to fight a heavier champ, he is now at the last minute moving up yet another weight division. His new opponent will have a substantial weight advantage over him. Most FWs don't pick and choose to fight at WW.

How very odd...

Khabib has a fight lined up with a guy he pulled out against. Ferguson will whoop his ass. Lets let injury prone Khabib try to win a fight before he gets put in the draw for red panty night. The fight doesn't make any business sense.

I dont think you can whine about anything when this is on such short notice. The fact that McGregor is still fighting someone and the main event is not Taint vs Holm is good enough for me

well, I'd agree with you, if not for the fact Khabib offered to take this fight.
So this is not like they did not have the option. This option was given to them.

So TS essentially what you're saying is you're just gonna shit on Conor no matter what he does.

Uhh......Conor picked the easiest fight. He could have fought Cerrone who is ACTUALLY in shape but instead chose Diaz who can't even make 155.

is nate even in the top 10? Lol...common son

Cerrone being protected by UFC,
Khabib being protected by UFC,
Ferguson being protected by UFC,
Pettis, you guessed it, protected by UFC,
Edgar ducking McGregor,
Aldo ducking McGregor,
Thompson ducking McGregor for not asking to fight him.

Easy as pie, with McGregor hater logic.

giphy.gif

Khabib is the Halley's Comet of MMA. Shows up about once every 75 years.

How very odd...

Why is everyone so upset about Khabib not getting this fight!? Khabib hasn't fought in nearly 2 years, for crying out loud!!!

Back