So How can you defend Conor & Zuffa one that???

Uhh......Conor picked the easiest fight. He could have fought Cerrone who is ACTUALLY in shape but instead chose Diaz who can't even make 155.

is nate even in the top 10? Lol...common son

And Khabib is ducking Ferguson?

Admit it. Cerrone gets picked; he's fighting an already beat up Cowboy. Pettis gets picked; just got mauled be Alvarez. Diaz gets picked; tailor made striker. Khabib gets picked; short notice grappler.

How very odd...

Zuffa refuses Khabib then pair Conor with a striker....
One that is 2-3, including the guy Dana claims is top 15 and declining......
Khabib is a no name to casuals they obviously went with who's the most popular with fans.

Not that hard too understand

And Khabib is ducking Ferguson?

Admit it. Cerrone gets picked; he's fighting an already beat up Cowboy. Pettis gets picked; just got mauled be Alvarez. Diaz gets picked; tailor made striker. Khabib gets picked; short notice grappler.
Uh....no. Cerrone wasn't beat up at all, the fight lasted a minute. and cerrone/conor could have fought at 170 or 155.

the clear choice was cerrone. why the fuck are you defending the choice of diaz over pettis/cerrone? are you retarded? can you not see diaz is clearly the easiest of them all?

I'm sorry but if Cowboy got the fight I wouldn't be making any excuses for Cowboy as he has proven to always be ready.

The UFC and/or Conor have passed on Cowboy here, which they have the right to do for whatever reason but IMO it has happened.

Always some conspiracy theory on these forums about this one fighter that everyone is ducking.

Soon as they get beat the conspiracy theorists move on to their next great hope.

How very odd...

Isn't Khabib booked to fight someone else and has not fought in 2 years?

Uh....no. Cerrone wasn't beat up at all, the fight lasted a minute. and cerrone/conor could have fought at 170 or 155.

the clear choice was cerrone. why the fuck are you defending the choice of diaz over pettis/cerrone? are you retarded? can you not see diaz is clearly the easiest of them all?

Now you're not even mad about them picking Khabib, you're mad they didn't pick Cerrone.

What's the difference? Diaz beat Cerrone. Conor's weakeness is on the ground, where both Diaz and Cerrone excel. Diaz at his worse cardio-wise is still better than 90% of the roster at peak fitness. Diaz beat Cowboy standing. Diaz has the reach advantage. Diaz doesn't/hardly needs to cut weight.

Cowboy just got destroyed by RDA in December. You're telling me there wouldn't be a whole bunch of threads saying 'UFC is a joke!1!1 REPLACING RDA WITH SOMEONE WHO HE DESTROYED IN 1 MINUTE!!!'?

I have no idea what the deal with Pettis is. Why would you think he's in shape? Pettis Barboza isn't until late-April.

It just would have been so perfect to have Conor vs Cowboy @ 155 IMO, Cowboy was down and said he would make weight as always FFS!

The only reason why that hasn't happened I believe is because the UFC are scared they might lose the RDA/Conor payoff @ 155.
Fair enough but it kinda sucks when you know there is a potentially better fight out there with beef and the guy is down to step in on short notice as usual.

Diaz-Double-Finger.gif

How very odd...

but on to more important topics...that av!!!

holy. miss. moly.

that's a booty.

I love when sherdoggers say, "X fighter is 2-3 in their last 5 fights, he doesn't deserve it" but then defend Carlos Condit getting a title shot, who was also 2-3 in his last 5. Hilarious

Now you're not even mad about them picking Khabib, you're mad they didn't pick Cerrone.

What's the difference? Diaz beat Cerrone. Conor's weakeness is on the ground, where both Diaz and Cerrone excel. Diaz at his worse cardio-wise is still better than 90% of the roster at peak fitness. Diaz beat Cowboy standing. Diaz has the reach advantage. Diaz doesn't/hardly needs to cut weight.

Cowboy just got destroyed by RDA in December. You're telling me there wouldn't be a whole bunch of threads saying 'UFC is a joke!1!1 REPLACING RDA WITH SOMEONE WHO HE DESTROYED IN 1 MINUTE!!!'?

I have no idea what the deal with Pettis is. Is he even medically cleared
?

well I did a quick internet search and this Pettis fellow DOES appear to also fight in MMA and is marginally successful in the LW divison. At one point he held the LW title but he's recently hit a bit of a skid. 2 losses on.

glad I could help.

well I did a quick internet search and this Pettis fellow DOES appear to also fight in MMA and is marginally successful in the LW divison. At one point he held the LW title but he's recently hit a bit of a skid. 2 losses on.

glad I could help.

I kinda meant is he cleared since Alvarez. I have since seen that he is fighting in late-April. Which would still leave him with the cardio 'problems' @RondaDrowsey is saying Diaz will have.

So it's down to Cowboy. I'm not really seeing a huge difference between Cowboy and Diaz to be honest.

Diaz beat Cowboy.
Both lost to RDA.
Both are better than Conor on the ground.
One just fought, but the other had great cardio even when he isn't in peak shape.

I love when sherdoggers say, "X fighter is 2-3 in their last 5 fights, he doesn't deserve it" but then defend Carlos Condit getting a title shot, who was also 2-3 in his last 5. Hilarious

see to me it makes perfect sense when an 8 year old white belt shows up during a time like this. Dude just CAN'T HELP BUT POST when the "shit hits the fan", such as today.

pretty fair comparison if you ask me. Condit nearly made the most of that title shot though, didn't he?

In lieu of the actual original match up, I say this is pretty legit.

thanks for checking in, 8 year old white belt. Cheers.

I kinda meant is he cleared since Alvarez. I have since seen that he is fighting in late-April. Which would still leave him with the cardio 'problems' @RondaDrowsey is saying Diaz will have.

So it's down to Cowboy. I'm not really seeing a huge difference between Cowboy and Diaz to be honest.

Diaz beat Cowboy.
Both lost to RDA.
Both are better than Conor on the ground.
One just fought, but the other had great cardio even when he isn't in peak shape.

oh hell yeah, I have no problem with this fight. In my mind it should have been either Diaz or Cerrone, interchangeable, and I didn't know if Nate took fights on short notice. Props to both fighters, Conor and Diaz.

I'm not sure these two ever meet if not for late substitutes, to be honest.

Let's watch and enjoy.

Uhh......Conor picked the easiest fight. He could have fought Cerrone who is ACTUALLY in shape but instead chose Diaz who can't even make 155.

is nate even in the top 10? Lol...common son
Nate>Cerrone.
Cerrone would be done within two minutes against mcgregor, at least Nate can take a shot.

oh hell yeah, I have no problem with this fight. In my mind it should have been either Diaz or Cerrone, interchangeable, and I didn't know if Nate took fights on short notice. Props to both fighters, Conor and Diaz.

I'm not sure these two ever meet if not for late substitutes, to be honest.

Let's watch and enjoy.

Yeah. Honestly either one of these guys is going to be mountains of fun.

Khabib is ideal, but it ruins a Fox card, he'd have the same 'cardio' issues as everyone else, and if Conor wins we'd get the same negative comments as we did post-Mendes. I'd rather see them meet when both have had a full-camp.

khabib is already training for ferguson where as chad was completely out of shape

ufc had cerrone/pettis as options and opted for the worst of all of them.
Diaz looked thr best out of Cowboy and Pettis in there last fight. Cowboy getting mauled by RDA is still fresh on the fans mind where on the same show Diaz had one of the best showings of his career against a top 10. Pettis is on a tao feet skid and intrest is pretty low for him at the moment.

Fact is the Diaz name sells fights pretty easy choice for the UFC.

Back