So How can you defend Conor & Zuffa one that???

Diaz = money

Khabib = a guy who hasn't fought in 2 years who no one knows and who will probably be injured before next week

Gee this is a tough one

How can you criticize McGregor's win over Mendes as being due to short notice if you want Khabib in?

Do you agree that Khabib is ducking Ferguson if he said he couldn't fight Ferguson in early March, but is down for Conor? Is Khabib ducking fighters for favourable match ups?

Is Edgar lying about an injury?
dont u know that they are already scheduled to fight ? how can you say Khabib is ducking ?
guess the idea that Khabib doesnt need much prearation time for Conor hurts you.

It just would have been so perfect to have Conor vs Cowboy @ 155 IMO, Cowboy was down and said he would make weight as always FFS!

The only reason why that hasn't happened I believe is because the UFC are scared they might lose the RDA/Conor payoff @ 155.
Fair enough but it kinda sucks when you know there is a potentially better fight out there with beef and the guy is down to step in on short notice as usual.

Been saying this since the announcement. If the UFC had picked the guy who was most prepared to step in, they would have gone with Cerrone. He's in fight shape having just come off a camp, only fought half a round in his win and said he'd cut to LW for Conor. There would have been no room for excuses with that fight.

Instead they go with Diaz who's likely been rolling in the gym rather than training hard. It tells me the UFC wanted the biggest name they could find who posed the least risk to their golden boy. Excuses will now run rampant. If Conor wins he did it over 10days notice and out of shape Diaz. If Conor somehow loses, his fans will claim he moved up two weight clases and would still win at LW. Nevermind that Diaz is a LW himself.

dont u know that they are already scheduled to fight ? how can you say Khabib is ducking ?
guess the idea that Khabib doesnt need much prearation time for Conor hurts you.

I don't actually believe Khabib is ducking. But if TS is going to follow his own logic, he must believe Khabib is trying to take an easier fight to avoid Ferguson.

Khabib said he wouldn't be ready to fight Ferguson in March, but he is willing to fight McGregor.

Ok.
I don't have much time, but I like you and your posts (despite our obvious disagreements), so I will take a stab at it.
Sorry if it sound harsh or bad, but I really am rushing it. so forgive me for that :)

No, McGregor had a title shot to lose. Had Mendes won the fight, Mendes would have had the interim title and as such would have been next in line to fight Aldo. This is obvious. The same is true now. McGregor was scheduled to fight RDA for the lightweight title. If he loses the replacement fight, he loses that opportunity.

That's where you are wrong.
Conor was alrady leapfrogging the real contenders.
Conor should have fought them before his title shot anyway.
And yet they picked the easiest win for him. A guy who was out hunting, instead of the guy who was at the gym.
These are facts. They contacted both fighters and then chose the one who was out hunting.

He was. But he was injured slightly enough that he was willing to fight clear up until it was clear that he would fight a replacement rather than Cain. It's not a perfect comparison to McGregor's situation, but it's not irrelevant either. I'm not calling Werdum a coward or any such nonsense. I think he's a very tough and very smart fighter. But if guys as good as Jones and Werdum are wary of last minute replacement fights, and they have shown that they are, then that tells us that McGregor is going above and beyond what can be reasonably expected of top fighters in this type of situation.

Another key difference between Werdum's situation is that his replacement was a top contender in the division, and McGregor's isn't. I think this is readily explained by the fact that Werdum is the champ, so he always ought to fight the top contender available in his division. At LW, McGregor is not the champ, so if his title shot is delayed because the champ pulls out, it doesn't necessarily follow that his title shot ought to be replaced by a fight with another top contender. Such a policy would have the effect of punishing contenders for the champ's injury, and give the champ incentive to feign injury to avoid contenders. (At least two contenders who earned title shots with Aldo never received them after Aldo pulled out of their fights with injuries. I am not suggesting Aldo purposely ducked them, but when it happens more than once, it raises the question.)

Again, this is NOTHING like Werdum situation. Werdum was injured. pulled out because of that.
He already accepted fighting Stipe once healed.

And no. this does not make them duck opponents. Because Zuffa also checks fighters with their own doctors. SO they can't simply claim they are hurt. They have to prove it (it would be highly stupid of Zuffa to simply accept a fighter's word).
So your little theory does not work

Jones did get a lot of flak for refusing a replacement. How does that justify McGregor getting flak from the likes of you for accepting a replacement? If someone is being asinine here, it isn't me.

Neither here nor there. I don't commend fighters for accepting fights. It's their job.
FIghter who was supposed to fight will ALWAYS have the advantage of a full training camp. So I don't think we need an ode to their bravery for accepting to fight someone with shorter/no camp.

If Khabib is the number one contender, then why is he scheduled for a contender eliminator fight with Ferguson, in which it was understood that the winner would fight the winner of RDA/McGregor? Khabib was the number one contender two years ago, but the title landscape has changed radically in that time. He needs a good win to show where he is after being on the shelf for two years.

Now Khabib does require a bit of thought here, because in all likelihood he will fight for a LW title sooner rather than later, and in all likelihood he will be a terrible match up for McGregor. I think if McGregor were to somehow win the LW title and then avoid Khabib, he would be wide open to accusations of ducking. But that isn't yet where we are.

Khabib is fighting as a CONTENDER eliminator. That alone says he is a contender.
And you can try as you may, Khabib is #2 in UFC's own rankings. With Eddie (not Tony) as #1.
This is but a tune up fight before his long awaited title shot.

Can you show that Mcgregor picked and chose an opponent. All reports I ave heard suggest he was willing to take all comers, and his track record of fighting Mendes as a late replacement, who on paper is a terrible match up for him, earns him the benefit of the doubt. Add in the additional fact that as a FW champ moving up to fight a heavier champ, he is now at the last minute moving up yet another weight division. His new opponent will have a substantial weight advantage over him. Most FWs don't pick and choose to fight at WW.

Yes, reports show that... and history/facts shows he rather pick on someone who was not in a training camp, or someone who is a high level grappler/wrestler.
Fact: he picked Mendes (who was hunting) instead of Frankie (who was in the gym, training).
Fact: he picked RDA instead of Frankie.
Fact: he picked Diaz instead of Khabib.

So far, the only terrible matchup he took was one that, although you are right in the style, you forget he was hunting, out of shape, and the other choice was someone as bad, but in-shape...

I don't actually believe Khabib is ducking. But if TS is going to follow his own logic, he must believe Khabib is trying to take an easier fight to avoid Ferguson.

Khabib said he wouldn't be ready to fight Ferguson in March, but he is willing to fight McGregor.
yes,as you said , he wouldn't be ready to fight Ferguson in March but he is ready to fight Conor now ( according to his tweet ).
Ferguson is a beast I can understand that and actually I do belive that Ferguson will give Khabib his first loss but Conor is just custom made for Khabib and he just dont need to prepare 2 much

Uhh......Conor picked the easiest fight. He could have fought Cerrone who is ACTUALLY in shape but instead chose Diaz who can't even make 155.

is nate even in the top 10? Lol...common son

Or he could have just done a Werdum or Jones and pulled out himself.

Why is everyone so upset about Khabib not getting this fight!? Khabib hasn't fought in nearly 2 years, for crying out loud!!!

Not a good excuse though.
he is in-shape and training for a fight soon, so it is irrelevant the fact he was out.

Conor shows up to fight every time. His opponents on the other hand..

Khabib probably got injured texting Dana he wanted the fight

One has a fight booked one doesn't

It's not rocket appliances

This is the second time Conor has accepted an opponent change on VERY short notice something he isn't obligated to do

Some people just love to hate I guess

One word: PETTIS

He was available, ufc chose Diaz cos they know Diaz will lose but give a show with all the trash talk. But make no mistake Diaz is in there to lose. Same way Denis siver was selected to lose

khabib is already training for ferguson where as chad was completely out of shape

ufc had cerrone/pettis as options and opted for the worst of all of them.

Completely out of shape. Yep. Here you have it, folks: the greatest mind ever to grace Sherdog.

The UFC opted for the fight that will gather the most audience, close thread and stop with the silly hate.

Khabib probably got injured texting Dana he wanted the fight
funny heh , it was Dana and Co. who rejected Khabib and now you r trying to make fucking joke.
more excuses r coming

Not a good excuse though.
he is in-shape and training for a fight soon, so it is irrelevant the fact he was out.
Wrong...WRONG!

You can't be gone TWO years and then suddenly jump into a high profile fight! ESPECIALLY when all the other candidates have been actively fighting!

Khabib is my favorite UFC fighter right now,and i can think of alot of reasons why they wont give him this fight. Its high risk low reward for the notorious one

This fight comes down to money and name recognition. Far more casuals are familiar with Nate Diaz than they are with Khabib who has not fought in two years. Also, it will be interesting to see McGregor and Diaz taunting each other at the weigh-ins and during the fight.

One word: PETTIS

He was available, ufc chose Diaz cos they know Diaz will lose but give a show with all the trash talk. But make no mistake Diaz is in there to lose. Same way Denis siver was selected to lose
You sir is on the path to become a shit talk master, pure gibberish.

Back