Rumored So Dana White blocked GSP from boxing Oscar De La Hoya and making a record payday lol

Gsp is retired from the UFC, so Dana has no control for which sport or promotion Gsp fights.
retired but still under contract just like Askren, yet he let Askren box Jake Paul.

People said GSP ducked an Anderson Silva super fight
that he promised to Dana White after he beats Bsiping for the title he would defend it at least once then retired instead
also teased of a Khabib super fight, never happened.
Dana blocked the Khabib fight not GSP

De la Hoya would have destroyed the cherry picker
Not sure about that - Oscar was one of my favourite boxers in his prime - Oscar is old, not taking training seriously (he fucked up on booze and god knows what on that askren vs paul ppv match), I'd favour oscar in a straight boxing match but I think at this point GSP would be competitive (perfect storm - oscar out of shape, not training properly (staying away from booze and drugs), age and inactivity).

Kinda glad tbh. I don't want to see this.
Also GSP is very big on his legacy right? I know it's not MMA, but getting beat in boxing would still make him look bad in most eyes.

GSP had a Hollywood ending in MMA, most fighters don't have that luxury. I doubt Georges would take it.

Hollywood ending? He claimed he had butt problems in order to duck Whittaker and gave up the 185 title.

Only way this is credible is if GSP needs money which I think is unlikely but possible.
Or he just wants to test out another combat sport in a fairly safe realm - oscar being old and about 15yrs past his prime (at the very least) in what would be a exhibition match.

Even at his age oscar still has those ingrained skills from a life time of boxing - still very fast on his feet, fast hands, etc.

Wonder how his conditioning would hold up - oscar was always known for fading late even in his prime. I'd imagine this would be an 8rd but being inactive since 2008 and years of booze and drugs.

Well, I don’t trust gsp, who isn’t the goat in any way.

Jones, fedor, Silva, and Johnson shit all over him. Dude couldn’t even beat Hendricks fairly and had to run away until a free paycheck came. Sad that he has defenders after fucking up two divisions out of naked cowardice and greed.
Wow. You're overlooking a lot of facts to come to your hateful little conclusion here.

I take anything oscar says with a grain of salt because the man is known cokehead and is always wasted.

Oscar is mad and blasts Dana White on Social media, he revealed that he was in talks with George St Pierre as his boxing opponent on Triller but Dana White blocked it because GSP is still under contract with UFC. If this is true its foul on Dana White, GSP is retired from MMA, let the man make a huge massive payday with Oscar.

It makes sense why GSP was training at Wild Card boxing club with Roach for the last couple weeks.

GSP can't box lol, why even discuss it? His striking only worked because the threat of his takedown was so great.

So sick of these pansy ass boxers calling out mma fighters to compete in boxing. Why don't they come over to MMA? Let's see what they can do with kicks and grappling. Sissies won't do it.

This woukdve been akin to gsp letting neighborhood kids beat him with baseball bats in exchange for a bunch of money. Whats the point? Oscar woukd have embarrassed him.

Easily for the best. Not worth the loss and potential damage to his legacy. You guys hate MMA fighters with such a passion and suck off other athletes it's so bizarre.

The cucks in this thread who:

A - Want to see this trash

B - Think Oscar is less of a piece of shit than Dana

C - Actually "blame" the UFC contracts

GSP made his bed, so did Oscar.
Cocaine Tranny vs the MW champ (who didn't lose to Jan).

<WhatIsThis><Neil01>

De la Hoya would have destroyed the cherry picker
In all honesty, I think it's a "pick'em" fight.

Pros for Oscar:
- Clearly has the skills, technique, and knowledge.
Cons for Oscar:
- Drugs an alcohol have taken their toll, 48 years old, best days were at under 160 lbs.

Pros for GSP:
- Not too far removed from height of his sport, started his athletic career in striking, still in his 30s.
Cons for GSP:
- Isn't a boxer, can't shoot a double in boxing.

Intangibles:
- Both were trained by Freddie Roach. What's his take on the fight?

Back