Social SNL has become vile!

Been a fan of SNL for a very long time, and have seen most of the older stuff. I love New Yorker humor...very witty, offbeat, yet still classy at times.

But, since Trump's election in 2016, the show has taken a darker turn.

It's one thing to clown the President's inequities, much like they do with every Republican President (Chevy Chase has admitted on camera that SNL has a severe bias for Dems), but the comedians/actors who portray Trump, or those who play roles bashing Trump, have ALL been actors/comedians who have expressed a severe disdain for Trump in real life.

It's comedic to some extent, but there are times when the vibe/tone go beyond your typical joke/bit.

Not to mention, practically EVERY single episode since the election has revolved around Trump...EVERY "Weekend Update" is roughly 75% Trump "coverage"!

I was excited to see SNL, again, after their months-long hiatus, this weekend, but what I perceived was a new low, even for SNL. Chris Rock and Jim Carrey essentially wished malice, illness, death, etc. upon the President, who, regardless of your political affiliation, is still a fellow human being.

To make things worse, SNL has really been laying it on thick with the pedo jokes these past few years.

Anyone who watches it regularly can probably relate to my gripes.

Your thoughts?

Fk that show...i gave it another shot recently and I lasted about 2 minutes. Vile is accurate

Like late shows, I think they’ve only survived using viral clips. Fallon or that shows crew was onto that pretty early on. There’s way too much competing sketch comedy at this point that even when using a celebrity, it’s hard to make it work. I don’t see them ever being completely cancelled but each decade they probably are less popular or iconic. Best route is just to watch the viral sketches, not the whole show.

I think another thing SNL and others have suffered from is satire is no longer good when the current situation is already batshit crazy. A ton of sketches/ stand up the last four years has just been the people describing what actually happened, not even embellishing it to make it funnier. That isn’t really their fault but I think lowered the potential for great comedy recently.

Pretty scary that the MSM, Hollywood, Big Tech have somehow brainwashed half the population into believing that the sketches of Trump on SNL are real events as they happened and not one sided hit pieces.

I guess this is why people bought all the other lies: Hands up don't shoot, I can see Russia from my house, Illegals are rapists and murderers, North Carolina white supremacists are good people.

Yeah it's trash. I honestly have no idea who watches it. It just comes up in my youtube feed whenever I watch ANY comedy bit about anything. Youtube's like "Hey, how bout this Donald Trump comedy???"

Another solid episode this weekend. John Mulaney and the Strokes.

He got a little heat for saying no matter who wins, nothing will change.

They are both elderly men that will ensure the rich get richer and the poor feel trampled on.

Like late shows, I think they’ve only survived using viral clips. Fallon or that shows crew was onto that pretty early on. There’s way too much competing sketch comedy at this point that even when using a celebrity, it’s hard to make it work. I don’t see them ever being completely cancelled but each decade they probably are less popular or iconic. Best route is just to watch the viral sketches, not the whole show.

I think another thing SNL and others have suffered from is satire is no longer good when the current situation is already batshit crazy. A ton of sketches/ stand up the last four years has just been the people describing what actually happened, not even embellishing it to make it funnier. That isn’t really their fault but I think lowered the potential for great comedy recently.
This was discussed when Jimmy Fallon took over for Jay Leno.

Leno had the highest ratings, but he wasn't viral. He never did anything that people would click on youtube.

NBC thought the future of latenight talk shows is not live viewers, but people watching clips online the next day while at work.

Not sure which brings in more as revenue for NBC.

He got a little heat for saying no matter who wins, nothing will change.

They are both elderly men that will ensure the rich get richer and the poor feel trampled on.
It’s a laugh that people would get upset about a joke like that when we’re about to elect the oldest president ever.

Trump is funnier than any of the "comedians" on SNL.

its not that funny, but i cant get over amerikkka being like "anything making fun of my guy is vile leftest liberal agenda and im sick of the media doing it!!!11!!"! especially when its based on real events/things thath ave been said

Yall get a hard on when its said and done for real but as soon as its made fun of you cry like a little bitch

Back