Social SNL has become vile!

MMAGA

Belt of Truth
@Brown
Reaction score
Been a fan of SNL for a very long time, and have seen most of the older stuff. I love New Yorker humor...very witty, offbeat, yet still classy at times.

But, since Trump's election in 2016, the show has taken a darker turn.

It's one thing to clown the President's inequities, much like they do with every Republican President (Chevy Chase has admitted on camera that SNL has a severe bias for Dems), but the comedians/actors who portray Trump, or those who play roles bashing Trump, have ALL been actors/comedians who have expressed a severe disdain for Trump in real life.

It's comedic to some extent, but there are times when the vibe/tone go beyond your typical joke/bit.

Not to mention, practically EVERY single episode since the election has revolved around Trump...EVERY "Weekend Update" is roughly 75% Trump "coverage"!

I was excited to see SNL, again, after their months-long hiatus, this weekend, but what I perceived was a new low, even for SNL. Chris Rock and Jim Carrey essentially wished malice, illness, death, etc. upon the President, who, regardless of your political affiliation, is still a fellow human being.

To make things worse, SNL has really been laying it on thick with the pedo jokes these past few years.

Anyone who watches it regularly can probably relate to my gripes.

Your thoughts?

Or maybe you're just a Maga guy who gets offended when they make fun of the president? It was a ridiculous debate performance and probably the worst debate in US history. It would be a crime for them not to cover it.

Don't watch but Trump jokes were played out before he was even elected, and they're even worse coming from a place of severe butthurt. I get the guy's a moron but it's been a dark age of comedy

Hes literally got MAGA in his name and is offended by Trump jokes
I understand that, but I don't think that's the point of his post. And he's really not wrong, it's become trash. There is zero creativity, all they know to do is Trump jokes. And they're not even funny, but it seems now they've even reached a new low.

I understand that, but I don't think that's the point of his post. And he's really not wrong, it's become trash. There is zero creativity, all they know to do is Trump jokes. And they're not even funny, but it seems now they've even reached a new low.

They weren't funny or creative before Trump was president. SNL has been weak for a long time. He's specifically triggered by their Trump jokes.

Trump is low hanging fruit but the dude is saying or tweeting ridiculous shit every single day. He's just asking to be made fun of.

Don't watch but Trump jokes were played out before he was even elected, and they're even worse coming from a place of severe butthurt. I get the guy's a moron but it's been a dark age of comedy
Exactly. It has all been said ad nauseam.

Baldwin's Trump isn't funny. It just makes me feel kind of uneasy, so it takes me out of feeling any jokes that might actually be there. It seems driven by something other than comedy.

On the other hand, this guy's was pretty good:

Baldwin's Trump isn't funny. It just makes me feel kind of uneasy, so it takes me out of feeling any jokes that might actually be there. It seems driven by something other than comedy.

On the other hand, this guy's was pretty good:

"Guess what? You can't insult your way to the presidency"
Lol
That aged well

Back