Social SNL has become vile!

I think the last time I watched was when David Chapelle hosted. Prior to that, the last skit I remember laughing that was Black Jeopardy with Tom hanks and the Spicier skit with Melissa
Mccarthy.

Setting aside those, from what I've seen the skits are painfully unfunny
The Chapelle episode was garbage...him and Chris Rock couldn't stay focused on their lines. Chappelle actually told people to give Trump a chance in his opening monologue, then did a quick 180 not too long after that. Clearly, he was threatened by the Liberal Media Industrial Complex, and had to disavow his previous Trump statements.

Chappelle then holds a "comedy show" in some random cornfield and starts talking about Candice Owens' genitalia. Chappelle is garbage now. It's as if EVERY comedian is under pressure from a higher power to crap on Trump these days.

I instantly turn off any comedian/show that tries to create comedy off trump. I have zero interest in politics especially american politics. So i've had to move away from a lot of shows i used to enjoy.

The daily show is a glaring example. It used to be hilarious, witty and even thought provoking with Jon stewart and colbert. Now its just hacky and picking at the lowest hanging fruit, comedy nowhere to be seen.

But it makes me appreciate the non-conforming comedians a lot more. Chappelle, burr, norm.. thats where the real comedy is now.

Totally agree. I've stopped watching tons of.stuff. The politics are.disgusting. Sports are even awful now.

The Chapelle episode was garbage...him and Chris Rock couldn't stay focused on their lines. Chappelle actually told people to give Trump a chance in his opening monologue, then did a quick 180 not too long after that. Clearly, he was threatened by the Liberal Media Industrial Complex, and had to disavow his previous Trump statements.

Chappelle then holds a "comedy show" in some random cornfield and starts talking about Candice Owens' genitalia. Chappelle is garbage now. It's as if EVERY comedian is under pressure from a higher power to crap on Trump these days.

the cornfield one, was more of a social commentary, rather than a stand up special. he did get several facts wrong, and his bit about kicking Candace owens in the vag wasn't funny.

I thought his opening on SNL wasn't that bad.

his last NEtFlix special was hilarious I thought. Especially regarding Jussie Smollet and how the Trans community hates him

Unfortunately SNL isn’t funny anymore...it’s only funny during election season but after that it goes back to being trash

I thought only blue-check "journalists" living in NYC or DC actually watch SNL these days.

Don't watch but Trump jokes were played out before he was even elected, and they're even worse coming from a place of severe butthurt. I get the guy's a moron but it's been a dark age of comedy

The fun topics have been off limits for awhile now...

You know...like retards, gays, blacks/whites/hispanics, women....

L8Y7.gif

Well, he is a fellow human being, after all...

Yeah and some fellow human beings are such giant pieces of shit that the world would be a better place if they died, and I just don't produce enough shits in my GiveAShit factory to care about what happens to scumbags.

Bin Laden was also a human being and a didn't particularly feel bad for him when DEVGRU put some 5.56 into his face. I don't have to give a shit about every human on this planet and stop pretending like you do.

Yeah and some fellow human beings are such giant pieces of shit that the world would be a better place if they died, and I just don't produce enough shits in my GiveAShit factory to care about what happens to scumbags.

Bin Laden was also a human being and a didn't particularly feel bad for him when DEVGRU put some 5.56 into his face. I don't have to give a shit about every human on this planet and stop pretending like you do.
So, you're comparing Trump to Bin Laden? In what world does this make sense!?

I've been watching SNL since the mid 80s... and I can't remember a time when people didn't talk about how it had gone downhill and how the new cast isn't as good as the last..... only years later we reminisce about how great that cast was and talk about how horrible the next cast is.

1990's SNL was considered bad at the time to and the cast was considered talentless, including Adam Sandler, Mike Meyers, Chris Rock, Chris Farley, David Spade, etc.

Since Trump got elected all the talk shows became extremely political and not funny anymore.

We had the new episode on last night and it was actually good. Jim Carey and Chris Rock probably have something to do with that but still, it was good. I think all the bits were at least a little funny and a few really good jokes. And I never felt like I was getting beaten over the head with virtue signaling. Someone farther right than me might have less tolerance for their obvious bias but that’s how I see it. Even watched the musical act......yep I watched both songs.....it was something else, a real spectacle like a 2020 burlesque show. I recommend watching the whole show if you care for sketch comedy at all. I saw it on Hulu

Back