Since Cain won't dare a takedown against Werdum, how do you see a pure striking match

Cain takes him down.... he made a simple mistake in the first match... he won't do it again

He took him down because he could barely be standing up. He wanted to avoid embarrassment if he just fell down from tiredness. He couldn't even drink a water from his bottle.

He took him down because he could barely be standing up. He wanted to avoid embarrassment if he just fell down from tiredness. He couldn't even drink a water from his bottle.

Yeah he was in a very bad state. I think Werdum was a part of that but clearly something else was working against him.

I just can't understand how ppl downplay the altitude factor, like it's some kind of bullshit excuse. We're talking about science here. Your opinion doesn't mean shit when compared to a scientifical fact! It's obvious Cain gassed early b/c of altitude.
It happens in South American soccer ALL the time. Some fuckers in Bolivia play Copa Libertadores at 4.060m of altitude! The team from that city actually sucks, but they have a GREAT home record, b/c every single one of their opponents gass on 2nd half.

Werdum will beat him standing this time. Cain will gas again.

I think "Cardio Cain" is a myth just like UFC tried hyping Barao as #1 P4P. Cain certainly has good cardio for a Heavyweight but he got the reputation in the 2nd and 3rd JDS fights which were really favorable for him.

JDS had no answer for the wall and maul so Cain just made Junior hold his weight. When Cain got tired, he'd just bury his head into Junior, rest and go back to working. He tried the same thing against Werdum and it failed due to Muay Thai which gassed him out. He also gassed out against Kongo who gave him a tough fight. Kongo just gassed harder in the end and lost.

If Cain is going to win, he's going to have to keep it standing and use his speed and boxing. He needs to avoid the clinch and the ground. Unless Werdum fights lazy and is unmotivated, I think he still beats Cain standing and the fight won't look much differently.

I

Last edited:
I just can't understand how ppl downplay the altitude factor, like it's some kind of bullshit excuse. We're talking about science here. Your opinion doesn't mean shit when compared to a scientifical fact! It's obvious Cain gassed early b/c of altitude.
It happens in South American soccer ALL the time. Some fuckers in Bolivia play Copa Libertadores at 4.060m of altitude! The team from that city actually sucks, but they have a GREAT home record, b/c every single one of their opponents gass on 2nd half.

People wanna believe Werdum is simply better. While he was better that night, the altitude did play a big factor. Werdum was better prepared for it. But the question is: What would happen if both were in great shape? That

It's a scientifical fact bro, Cain has poor striking defense.

Forget the altitude, how will Cain deal with Werdum's jab and knees? Cain looked like he'd never faced a jab before.

tumblr_npy2mltxaH1u2ragso3_250.gif

LeafyWindyBlackpanther.gif

tumblr_npy2mltxaH1u2ragso2_250.gif

I'm just not too sure what adjustments he can make clinch wise... Height matters a lot in the clinch.

He did pretty good in round 1. It was obviously close, because Werdum is a very good fighter, but he did win the round and Werdum didn

People wanna believe Werdum is simply better. While he was better that night, the altitude did play a big factor. Werdum was better prepared for it. But the question is: What would happen if both were in great shape? That

It's a scientifical fact bro, Cain has poor striking defense.

Forget the altitude, how will Cain deal with Werdum's jab and knees? Cain looked like he'd never faced a jab before.

Pardon my french, but I'm pretty sure we differ on the meaning of scientifical.
Man, I'm a Werdum fan and I really hope Cain doesn't find a way to deal with Werdum's jabs and kness. I just want to see it happen when a former powerhouse isn't gassing by the end of round 1. There's something weird going on if a dude known for his cardio gasses so quickly. And him gassing might have interfered with his defense. I said MIGHT. That's why I don't mind seeing a rematch at this point.

Pardon my french, but I'm pretty sure we differ on the meaning of scientifical.
Man, I'm a Werdum fan and I really hope Cain doesn't find a way to deal with Werdum's jabs and kness. I just want to see it happen when a former powerhouse isn't gassing by the end of round 1. There's something weird going on if a dude knows for his cardio gasses so quickly. And him gassing might have interfered with his defense. I said MIGHT. That's why I don't mind seeing a rematch at this point.

Or, Cain's cardio was overrated based on fighting one guy whose whole plan was to back up to the cage and allow Cain to wall and stall him.

Cain couldn't implement his game plan due to the jab, knees, and grappling of Werdum. That is why we saw the Cain we saw.

I agree, man! Once we know altitude is a factor, and seeing how Cain's perfomance didn't look like any of his previous, it's only fair to have a rematch so we can see what Werdum does to Sea level Cain.
As a Werdum fan, I'm really looking foward for the rematch. And when you think about, it's not even a real rematch, if you consider that on the first one it wasn't the real Cain we saw.

I strongly believe that what will happen is the same that happened against JDS. Cain will correct certain things, show up more motivated, in much better shape, destroy Werdum, and then Werdum will suddenly go from the second coming of the jesus christ to a "was never that good" fighter.

Werdum is pretty beatable at his best. Cain is beatable when he shows up looking like shit. But when he is in top shape, he is a monster. Werdum, on the other hand, is a very good fighter, but is a very good fighter that looks vulnerable and sloppy every other fight.

Examples:

- Did horrible against Overrem. Looked like a complete clown.

- Lost rounds against Big Foot, while Cain smashed him both times.

- Had some very close rounds against Travis Browne, wich was injured btw, and got dropped.

- Was losing the Hunt fight until he landed that knee. Had troubles taking him down, couldn

Werdum is way better on the feet than Cain. Way better.

I really don't believe this, even when I think that Werdum had improving his striking game dramatically, Cain's striking is still competitive against any HW. The key of the success of it has to do with the strategy and Cain's strategy was go through Werdum eating punches and trying to put Werdum on the fence in order to grind him or do dirty boxing.

Obviously, that doesn't work at all. Werdum's reach, combinations and clinch control were a real nightmare for Cain.

I think that Cain needs to fight different in order to beat him. Keeping the distance, use leg kicks, jabbing, make him mistake and take advantage of it.

Or, Cain's cardio was overrated based on fighting one guy whose whole plan was to back up to the cage and allow Cain to wall and stall him.

Cain couldn't implement his game plan due to the jab, knees, and grappling of Werdum. That is why we saw the Cain we saw.

Werdum barely landed any knees in round one. And i highly doubt those jabs hurt him more than all the hammers JDS landed on him during five rounds.

I think people are under the impression that JDS did nothing but getting beat up during 5 rounds. Well, you

Werdum barely landed any knees in round one. And i highly doubt those jabs hurt him more than all the hammers JDS landed on him during five rounds.

I think people are under the impression that JDS did nothing but getting beat up during 5 rounds. Well, you

Werdum dominates everywhere the fight goes.

Back