Since Cain won't dare a takedown against Werdum, how do you see a pure striking match

People should learn from Barao vs TJ 1/2 and Cain vs JDS 2/3. Overrated (or past prime or at stylistic disadvantage) champion gets ass kicked for several rounds and loses. Rematch happens. It looks the same or worse for the former champ.

Lesson learned is that we overrate previous champs in rematches even when they got outclassed in previous match. In the meantime the new champ is improving and the former one is on further decline.

Cain can go for the take down he just has to be more aware this time. Cain went for that takedown after being rocked (if i remember correctly). Obviously Cain is better off not in Werdum's guard ,but in all honestly Werdum has also become quite the great striker.

Since Cain won't dare a takedown against Werdum...

I think you are delusional. He absolutely will take Werdum down. He just won't do it in an act of desperation from not having properly adjusted to the altitude.

why cain wouldnt takedown werdum

Cain takes him down.... he made a simple mistake in the first match... he won't do it again

What simple mistake? Do you mean the countless striking mistakes he still makes?

That horrid takedown?

Or his laughable physique for the fight?

Werdum via destruction, again.

Cain has to use pressure to punch Werdum in the face like he did against JDS. But he must not overcommit.

Whoever can force their gameplan wins. Cain did not do well when he was unable to do so in the last fight.

Cain has to use pressure to punch Werdum in the face like he did against JDS. But he must not overcommit.

Whoever can force their gameplan wins. Cain did not do well when he was unable to do so in the last fight.

Cain did try that, though. It's just that Werdum timed him coming in over and over with hard knees and kicks, causing Cain to gas out.

Werdum is quite simply the superior fighter in every facet of the game. His boxing was way better than Cain's. This rematch is utterly idiotic. Cain only looked that good because he fought JDS three times (who is rather terrible in the clinch, which is Cain's biggest strength), and Bigfoot twice, the rematch being pointless. We all know how Bigfoot has looked against other fighters.

I love the delusional people who are saying Cain is way better on the feet. Did you not see him getting lit up by Werdum in the first fight that forced him to desperately try to take it to the ground only to get choked out?

i think cain will make some adjustments in the clinch and in the standup but werdum should be favored

Wardooom >>>>> Cain
Cain >>>>>>>>>>> everyone else
Wardroom >>> everyone else

That's not really how it works, hahahaha. Must be nice having the world be so simple.

I actually bet that Cain takes him down immediately. The problem wasn't Cain going for a takedown, it was waiting until Werdum had lit him up with serious damage on the feet and Cain was completely gassed out before going for a takedown. He let Werdum's ground game get in his head and make him scared of the takedown until he had no choice but to shoot on Werdum because he was getting just flat out destroyed on the feet. By that point, it was too late.

My guess is Cain works on a ton of jiu-jitsu defense this camp and shows no fear of taking Werdum down to the ground, early and often.

Werdum will get up, defend take downs, and wear Cain out. Finish him within 4 again.

Easy win.

People should learn from Barao vs TJ 1/2 and Cain vs JDS 2/3. Overrated (or past prime or at stylistic disadvantage) champion gets ass kicked for several rounds and loses. Rematch happens. It looks the same or worse for the former champ.

Lesson learned is that we overrate previous champs in rematches even when they got outclassed in previous match. In the meantime the new champ is improving and the former one is on further decline.

What makes you think Cain is on a decline, while Werdum will only improve more? Werdum is older than Cain, so I think there's a bigger chance he'll be declining more than Cain.

Also, Cain/Doom isn't comparable to TJ/Barao IMO. Cain lost because he gassed. He won rd. 1. People were saying JDS would KO Cain again. And look what happened.

I hope Werdum stays focused and shows up better than last time. If he can do that i think he gives Cain all kinds of trouble everywhere.

Werdum. He outlasted Cain in high altitude. .. he can outlast Cain in normal altitude.

Cain's striking without his threat of the takedown isn't that amazing

I'm rooting for Werdum in this match up.

I thought it was obvious however, that Cain "suicided" in their match. He was gassed to hell and wanted to end it.

I will be rooting for Werdum, hope he can win convincingly again and cement the 1st victory damn,

Back