Since Cain won't dare a takedown against Werdum, how do you see a pure striking match

It's not going to just be a stand up war. Cain will take Werdum down at one point and Werdum will do the same either from the thai clinch with leg trip or shooting in on him. Cain may have an advantage on the feet but I still see it an even match on the feet with Werdum having more advantage on the ground than Cain will.

Werdum took months to get used to the altitude. Cain only 2 weeks or so.

I think that's why Werdum outlasted him. Cain won round 1.

Cain won round 1 just like how Mendes won round 1 vs McGregor. Eating lots of body shots.

Win the round ... but the seeds to their defeats were planted.

Cain won round 1 just like how Mendes won round 1 vs McGregor. Eating lots of body shots.

Win the round ... but the seeds to their defeats were planted.

Cain landed plenty on Werdum as well. I think the altitude really sped up the gassing.

But we'll see. I think it will be a better fight anyway.

But you are also forgetting that Werdum will be fighting at regular altitude as well. If he can perform at high altitude, how do you think he will perform at regular altitude? Probably still much better than Cain.

This post doesn't really make too much sense, at all.

the first fight was a pure striking match imo.

cain was on his way out before the choke... he was going to get TKO'd.

i see it going the same way.

Ok so he won round 1 on paper but not in terms of damage and especially mentally. Cain had a slight edge and that’s only in number of strikes. As I said, Cain looked very uncomfortable both standing and on the ground even in round 1. If I should take a worse striking defense between the two I think I choose Cain. He ate a ton of jabs by Werdum and got hit clean by EVERY opponent he faced. My god,even Brock Lesnar hit him clean...and I said BROCK LESNAR.

But you still didn't told me what are the faboulous and amazing things Cain did in round 1....landing a higher number of strikes while none of them was dangerous and refusing to go to the ground with Fabricio?

He didn

Last edited:
Werdum was a better striker going into their last fight...so I'll stick with that

Werdum is no Joke he will submission Cain Velasques again this time a triangle choke a la Fyodr

Cain pushing the pace and getting up close and tagging werdum
Making it a dirty fight, can't see him shooting from far to get the td but in the clinch he'll be able to drag him down and gnp

As long as it's at:

fp_sea_level_globe.jpg

I think we'll have to see, but Werdum did pretty well the the first time and Werdum is ever improving.

I just hope they have a replacement in mind just in case Cain gets injured.

YES...please keep a HW contender in mind just in case Cain falls out again. Arlovski maybe if he beats Mir? Barnett if he beats Nelson?

Werdum lights him up like last time, cains striking isn't as good without the threat of a takedown.

Back