Since Cain won't dare a takedown against Werdum, how do you see a pure striking match

The Accuser

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
going?

I doubt Werdum will be able to take down Cain repeatedly. Cain will be better prepared and come with cardio.

I think Cain beats him on the feet, I think altitude, cardio and ring rust where factors last time.

Adon10.gif

I think we'll have to see, but Werdum did pretty well the the first time and Werdum is ever improving.

I just hope they have a replacement in mind just in case Cain gets injured.

Werdum is way better on the feet than Cain. Way better.

Flame away, but I think Werdum is doomed.

Cain is gonna beat him bad.

Cain could win if he fought like the 1st round for 5 rounds.

No grappling? Cain all day.

But this MMA and Werdum mixes it up very well. Could go either way.

Werdum is just too 'new and improved' for Cain to beat, he will outstrike Cain and with Cain worried about being submitted his wrestling will be a non factor.

Werdum will win the rematch

Cain wins fights via ground and pound and wall n brawl.

Werdum beats Cain on the ground. Werdum clinch knees Cain on the wall.

Werdum is longer and more diverse in the center, and has no fear of being taken down, enabling him to kick and knee as he likes.

Its was hard to believe people didn't see this rock paper scissors match for what it was before the first match, and still not seeing it means you don't want to.

Cain is a great fighter but this is a horrible match-up for him. Werdum would have a tougher time with a number of different guys at HW.

Werdum is much more accurate than Cain no doubt, it will be the same.

Cain takes him down.... he made a simple mistake in the first match... he won't do it again

I think Cain beats him on the feet, I think altitude, cardio and ring rust where factors last time.

But you are also forgetting that Werdum will be fighting at regular altitude as well. If he can perform at high altitude, how do you think he will perform at regular altitude? Probably still much better than Cain.

If Cain doesn't use angles like last time he will get battered by straight punches again. He took a lot hard shots to the dome in that fight. I think Werdum wins the stand up again but Cain is capable of boxing better than he did because he looked more sloppy in the standup than what you usually see from him. I don't even buy into the altitude shit that much because he looked out of character from the opening bell. I think it was the rust.

I think Werdum breaks him down again. Without the usual threat of being wrestled Cain's stand up isn't as effective either.

Do you think Cain is much less rusty after 2 and a bit rounds of gassing and getting beat? I don't really, first time Cain been beat up in a match- that I have seen anyway

Cain wins fights via ground and pound and wall n brawl.

Werdum beats Cain on the ground. Werdum clinch knees Cain on the wall.

Werdum is longer and more diverse in the center, and has no fear of being taken down, enabling him to kick and knee as he likes.

Its was hard to believe people didn't see this rock paper scissors match for what it was before the first match, and still not seeing it means you don't want to.

Cain is a great fighter but this is a horrible match-up for him. Werdum would have a tougher time with a number of different guys at HW.

yep,
Werdoom! reach when outside and the thai clinch when Cain tries dirt boxing,i just cant see how Cain would have a ease way to win the stand up.

Werdum comes into this fight knowing he can beat Cain. Cain comes into the fight knowing he can get beaten by Werdum. The psychological balance has changed tremendously since the last matchup. Cain's loss was a total loss. Beaten to a pulp on his feet and submitted on the ground. The JDS loss was different. That was more of an "accident", but there was nothing accidental about the beating administered by Werdum.

Werdum is just a nightmare matchup for Cain.

Cain's biggest strengths are his clinch & gnp.

Werdum is obviously better on the ground, and he destroyed him in the clinch.

Werdum is just a nightmare matchup for Cain.

Cain's biggest strengths are his clinch & gnp.

Werdum is obviously better on the ground, and he destroyed him in the clinch.

Yep and we've seen it , when his opponent is able to resist to his pressure, he has nothing ...
WAR werdum, we dont need a paper champs who fights 1 time in three years, WAR !!!!!!!

Back