Silva is a 40 year old man.

I'd say both guys looked not at their best that night. Just because Luke may be better than him, and Chris is a bit of a meathead who has made some terrible Brazilian-level excuses, doesn't mean that he's still not a terrible matchup for Silva.

Rockhold would absolutely wreck Silva as well.

Pure striking standpoint Silva is still superior, but his chin and reflex has diminished ever so slightly that he might not be able to handle the dual level striking with the threat of the takedown. But this highly conditioned Silva going 5 rounds with Bisping of all people with less clowning, I'd still give him a decent shot.

Don't count him out.

>37
>40
No. That's not practically the same. Not to mention anderson has had more fights against better comp. & his style is more dependent on reflexes/speed than bispings. Your username fits

Yeah, Bisping is a real spring chicken at 37 years of age. :rolleyes:

The hilariously stupid thing about your post is that Bisping and Anderson joined the UFC in the same year and have like 5 opponents in common. Bisping has even faced a lot of good guys that Anderson never has, like Rockhold, Kennedy, Wand and Rashad. Bisping's level of competition is easily as good as Silva's.

Looked great for a 40 year old but his reflexes have definitely slowed and he needs to stop the clowning because hes not fast enough to pull it off anymore.

I dunno that front kick come out of knowhere. I agree on the clowning. He was playing like he was up in the fight.

36, and

36, and no, in combat sports people age rapidly starting in their mid thirties. There is a world of difference between the ages. Just remember what silva was doing at 36.
Bisping is 38 tomorrow.

Him and Andy are 2 years apart. Big deal.

Is your point that you're a delusional Silva fan boy? If so then yes, I do believe I have.

Anderson was taking roids and destroying until he finally fought a young hungry and well rounded opponent, one who ultimately stole his soul. No version of Anderson beats Weidman.

Anderson is old for elite level MMA.
Bisping is old for elite level MMA.
We saw what happened.

"No version of Anderson beats Weidman"

R U serious???

Watch the first Weidman fight again. Chris was terrified of Anderson, which he admitted after the fight. The Silva who fought Chris Leben, and the Silva who fought Chris Weidman are clearly different fighters.

Anderson is clearly older, slower, and his chin isn't what it used to be. But even with the decline, he is still top 5 @ MW. Which is incredibly impressive for a 40 year old man.

The biggest difference though is psychological. Anderson isn't the same fighter that he was during his reign. He is much more tentative. But most importantly his opponents aren't afraid of him anymore. Anderson used to win the fight the moment he walked in the ring/octagon. Opponents no longer find themselves watching Anderson in awe during their fights.

I think Anderson took steroids to recover(both physically and psychologically) from the injury to his leg. That was one of the most disgusting moments in MMA history.

I don't think that he was juicing before he broke his leg in half. I don't know for sure, but then again neither do you.

Last edited:
"No version of Anderson beats Weidman"???

R U serious???

Watch the first Weidman fight again. Chris was terrified of Anderson, which he admitted after the fight. The Silva who fought Chris Leben, and the Silva who fought Chris Weidman are clearly different fighters.

Anderson is clearly older, slower, and his chin isn't what it used to be. But even with the decline, he is still top 5 @ MW. Which is incredibly impressive for a 40 year old man.

The biggest difference though is psychological. Anderson isn't the same fighter that he was during his reign. He is much more tentative. And his opponents are afraid of him, like they once were. Opponents no longer find themselves watching Anderson in awe during their fights.

To me, Anderson took steroids to recover(both physically and psychologically) from the injury to his leg. That was one the most disgusting moments in MMA history.

I don't think that he was juicing before he broke his leg in half. I don't know for sure, but then again neither do you.

Yeah, we saw the needles and shit in his house long ago.

R U serious???

The biggest difference though is psychological. Anderson isn't the same fighter that he was during his reign. He is much more tentative. And his opponents are afraid of him, like they once were. Opponents no longer find themselves watching Anderson in awe during their fights.

To me, Anderson took steroids to recover(both physically and psychologically) from the injury to his leg. That was one the most disgusting moments in MMA history.

This. YOu can be a fan of your fighter but you don't have to be totally discrediting to other fighters especially someone as proven as Silva and super especially when both of the fights were clearly unconventionally unproven.

The hilariously stupid thing about your post is that Bisping and Anderson joined the UFC in the same year and have like 5 opponents in common. Bisping has even faced a lot of good guys that Anderson never has, like Rockhold, Kennedy, Wand and Rashad. Bisping's level of competition is easily as good as Silva's.

This is correct.

Getting knocked unconscious by Weidman? Oh wait he was 37 then. HUGE difference.

Also, Anderson was on roids when he was 36. That's why he was doing what he was doing.
Got any proof of that dickhead?

Silva is much more of a Roy Jones, relying on his reflexes, speed, timing, and natural concussive power. Ex was never a murderer in the ring, he was always a scientist.

Oh....no....no.

Silva was never MMA's version of prime Roy.

stop booking Anderson in 5 round fights. He's 40. 3 rounds is enough. Let him go mad for 15 minutes so he doesn't need to conserve stamina and fight slower.

Eh, I wouldn't say it's as good as silva's. Plus he lost to literally every guy you named. I wouldn't have named out all of bispings losses to make a case for why he is good tbh fam

Pure striking standpoint Silva is still superior, but his chin and reflex has diminished ever so slightly that he might not be able to handle the dual level striking with the threat of the takedown. But this highly conditioned Silva going 5 rounds with Bisping of all people with less clowning, I'd still give him a decent shot.
Don't count him out.

Maybe he has to clown because he can't fight for 5mins each round anymore. He has to run the clock down and try to steal each round in the last minute. That was what he was doing for 4 rounds against Bisping.

R U serious???

Weidman didn't look scared, at times he himself was clowning with Silva. He showed very little respect for Silva's MMA game in the first fight.

I know that when someone gets caught committing a crime the first time the police take a close look at him, they've probably been up to no good for a looonnng time.

Eh, I wouldn't say it's as good as silva's. Plus he lost to literally every guy you named. I wouldn't have named out all of bispings losses to make a case for why he is good tbh fam

LOL'd

I know that when someone gets caught committing a crime the first time the police take a close look at him, they've probably been up to no good for a looonnng time.

Wha?....

Sherdog will do what it always does, dissect his performance to nausea (Bisping 1/2/4, he got dropped, he didn't go in for the kill, blah blah blah). But in the end he whooped Michael's ass worse then anyone has-ever. So all of you beta 1/2/4 ten point must fans hang onto the memory, we all know who really won that FIGHT.

Silva lost due to inactivity. Maybe someday they will change the scoring system.

Not as good, but has faced the same level of competition, which is I guess what the person who responded to me was using as an excuse as to why Silva is more worn out than Bisping at this point... But he's not, and Bisping has taken a ton of punishment over his career (in the cage at least).

Got any proof of that dickhead?

Yes. Needles in his house and the first time he was randomly tested he pissed out a Brazilian pharmacy.

Yeah. Terrible analogy lol.

Getting knocked unconscious by Weidman? Oh wait he was 37 then. HUGE difference.

Also, Anderson was on roids when he was 36. That's why he was doing what he was doing.
Bisping made his MMA debut in 2004 and is 3 years younger the Silva.
Silva debuted in 1997 and has come back from a career ending injury.

Back