Silva is a 40 year old man.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What he did tonight was pretty amazing to be honest. Couture fought in his 40's, but he has a grinding wrestling style, and the age factor, while still huge, isn't as noticeable as in a style like Silva's. I am approaching 50, and I know full well how the wheels start to fall off as you get older.

I would hope as a fight fan, you appreciated what you seen.

Too bad for the lulls and clowning. But yeah, when he was active he still looked good. It's impressive no question.

So? Tim Sylvia is 39 and still active as heck.

9.gif

Yeah, the one thing I was impressed with was his cardio held up for 5 rounds. Not bad when facing Bisping.

Incredible really, I think he could still beat the majority of the top 10 contenders

His fitness, speed and skill is incredible for a 40 year old. If his mental game was still there he'd still be almost unstoppable.

So what? Bisping is a 37 year old man. Practically the same age.

For sure this. Was a amazing performance. He has lost a half step which is huge when your fighting at this level. He plays in fractions so it's easy to get tagged. Is no indicator in goat status when your 40. No signs of gassing all the way to the end.

I thought he looked really good especially since it was a long layoff.

Looked great for a 40 year old but his reflexes have definitely slowed and he needs to stop the clowning because hes not fast enough to pull it off anymore.

Sherdog will do what it always does, dissect his performance to nausea (Bisping 1/2/4, he got dropped, he didn't go in for the kill, blah blah blah). But in the end he whooped Michael's ass worse then anyone has-ever. So all of you beta 1/2/4 ten point must fans hang onto the memory, we all know who really won that FIGHT.

Sherdog will do what it always does, dissect his performance to nausea (Bisping 1/2/4, he got dropped, he didn't go in for the kill, blah blah blah). But in the end he whooped Michael's ass worse then anyone has-ever. So all of you beta 1/2/4 ten point must fans hang onto the memory, we all know who really won that FIGHT.

I get what you are saying but Hendo pretty much whooped that ass as hard as you can whoop an ass, KOed him then flying elbow of violent death from above ... Anderson gave him more scars and stitches but Hendo gave us "shoop that Bisping"

Anyway I agree with the rest, in particular about who won the "fight" (even if Bisping won the decision, which is fine)

36, and
36, and no, in combat sports people age rapidly starting in their mid thirties. There is a world of difference between the ages. Just remember what silva was doing at 36.

Just remember what silva was doing at 36.

Getting knocked unconscious by Weidman? Oh wait he was 37 then. HUGE difference.

Also, Anderson was on roids when he was 36. That's why he was doing what he was doing.

Incredible really, I think he could still beat the majority of the top 10 contenders

No he couldn't. He has no chin anymore. Bisping is not a big puncher, and he rocked silver on numerous occasions. Silver looked good in spurts, but no longer has the cardio to finish the opponent.

Getting knocked unconscious by Weidman? Oh wait he was 37 then. HUGE difference.

Also, Anderson was on roids when he was 36. That's why he was doing what he was doing.
You're making my point. 36 Anderson was destroying people, and post 36 Anderson hasn't won a fight. Welcome to combat sports newbie.

Every heard of this guy named Bernard Hopkins?

You're making my point. 36 Anderson was destroying people, and post 36 Anderson hasn't won a fight. Welcome to combat sports newbie.

Is your point that you're a delusional Silva fan boy? If so then yes, I do believe I have.

Anderson was taking roids and destroying until he finally fought a young hungry and well rounded opponent, one who ultimately stole his soul. No version of Anderson beats Weidman.

Anderson is old for elite level MMA.
Bisping is old for elite level MMA.
We saw what happened.

His fitness, speed and skill is incredible for a 40 year old. If his mental game was still there he'd still be almost unstoppable.
Mental game and chin. His mental game is gone actually because his chin is gone. He can't rock-em sock-em anymore. He went life and death with an aging contender who has no KO power, and he got rocked several times, even decked. He desperately needs fighters to come at him wildly, so he farts around in the cage trying to bait them in. Sadly, the entire world knows his bread-n-butter is murderous surgical counterstriking, and as a result you had the LOLWTF moments where Bisping several times backed away from a cornered fighter that he had hurt twice prior.

Back