Signs point to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson

Khabib with preparation would have an advantage over Ferguson. The best way to catch Khabib by surprise is to have him prepare for a striker (Conor), and then switch in Ferguson at the last minute.

They have had 3 camps preparing for each other. You think khalabeeb does not know this man?

Yeah, the theory is unlikely, but matching Conor with a no-camp Mendes was the best way to protect Conor from losing that fight. And it worked.

LMAO, Conor haters never cease to amaze me with how stupid they are. How the fuck is putting your "match-up nightmare" against your injured superstar on short notice favorable and warning him to be prepared? IN WHAT UNIVERSE IS THAT FAVORABLE?

And if you want to think up some dumb shit like, "well then he didn't have to face full-camp Mendes again"! Conor was going straight to LW anyways. Stop making shit up and get over your weird little obsession.

TS just sounds like a paranoid conspiracy theorist with too much time on their hands.

Nahhh, Conor is going to bounce a left across that held up high chin of khabibs and call it a day.

I think the ufc isn’t promoting the fight as much because they really believe Conor sells that well and they want to pocket every last cent.

IMO, that is a mistake. They really need to promote the fight more if they expect 2mil+ ppv buys.

Conor doesn't wanna hype too much because he might be finished in one takedown

After talking shit to Floyd about "real fighting" it would be embarrassing to be smashed in minutes <Lmaoo>

Anyway the hype will be there, they got time

LMAO, Conor haters never cease to amaze me with how stupid they are. How the fuck is putting your "match-up nightmare" against your injured superstar on short notice favorable and warning him to be prepared? IN WHAT UNIVERSE IS THAT FAVORABLE?

And if you want to think up some dumb shit like, "well then he didn't have to face full-camp Mendes again"! Conor was going straight to LW anyways. Stop making shit up and get over your weird little obsession.

Having a nice chat with yourself?
If you take that match up nightmare and make sure he fights with no camp and no preperation - that's exactly it. Even a nuthugger should understand that.

B b b but knee injury...

McGregor isn't afraid of anyone. He never avoided Khabib "like the plague" ... He won the LW belt, then fought Mayweather. That buildup, training, and fight took like almost a full year. Then Conor decided to take a year off after making nearly $100M.

Whether or not he will win the fight, Conor is not afraid of Khabib at all.

I've got a couple problems with your theory:
1)Tony Ferguson isn't an easier fight than Khabib
2)Ferguson vs Nurmagomedov has been scheduled like 10 times and one of them has pulled out every time. It's never gonna happen

McGregor isn't afraid of anyone. He never avoided Khabib "like the plague" ...

Maybe McGregor is crazy enough to fight anyone anytime. However, whether or not the UFC would risk their multi-million dollar investment by putting him up against Khabib is a different matter all together.

And up until this point, the evidences say the UFC are not putting him up against risky match-ups.

He won the LW belt, then fought Mayweather. That buildup, training, and fight took like almost a full year. Then Conor decided to take a year off after making nearly $100M.

Whether or not he will win the fight, Conor is not afraid of Khabib at all.

And he never defended his LW title. Is he afraid to fight Khabib? Let's say that he is not. Are the UFC afraid that Khabib would destroy their money maker? Oh, hell yeah!

The lack of promotion does indeed raise some eyebrows - though the reason might be they believe the fight sells itself. Something is definitely off though.
They might actually still be negotiating the contracts.

And he never defended his LW title. Is he afraid to fight Khabib? Let's say that he is not. Are the UFC afraid that Khabib would destroy their money maker? Oh, hell yeah!

The guy took a year off after earning nearly $100M. You can't imagine what position that puts you in. He could have legitimately walked away from combat sports and been set for life. I'd have to second guess my motivation after a windfall like that.

Motivation is everything in combat sports. Once you become "comfortable", you are in a dangerous position. Conor very clearly decided he wanted some time off. Very smart decision on his part.

Just because you don't like McGregor and want to see him lose, doesn't mean he avoided anyone by taking a year off.

New Owners are Cheap Ass Fucks..

They don't spend money on promotion..

Nah he's just there incase one of them pulls out.

And in this sport nothing is certain until fight night.. Fucking guys pull out with injuries and have bad cuts 48 hours out.. Or USADA Pulls them.. Nothing is certain..

I don’t see how stylistically Tony is a bad match up for Khabib. He’s tough as nails, durable (in cage) and batshit crazy but I don’t see his bjj posing any problems against Khabibs top control. I just don’t. I think Conor is about as bad of matchup for Khabib as there is and it’s only for a small window of time strictly due to Conor’s precision and power. GSP a few years ago would’ve been the worst stylistic match up for Khabib.

That’s not the plan but it’s there Incase of an emergency. I don’t understand the lack of promotion right now. It’s makes zero sense

The guy took a year off after earning nearly $100M. You can't imagine what position that puts you in. He could have legitimately walked away from combat sports and been set for life. I'd have to second guess my motivation after a windfall like that.

Motivation is everything in combat sports. Once you become "comfortable", you are in a dangerous position. Conor very clearly decided he wanted some time off. Very smart decision on his part.

As I mentioned, let's say that McGregor wants to fight anyone at LW, this does not mean the UFC would want him to do that.

Just because you don't like McGregor and want to see him lose, doesn't mean he avoided anyone by taking a year off.

You need to re-read what I wrote. This is not about what you, I, other fans, or what McGregor want. It's about what the UFC want and what they decide, as to whether or not to risk matching McGregor up against Khabib.

I don’t see how stylistically Tony is a bad match up for Khabib. He’s tough as nails, durable (in cage) and batshit crazy but I don’t see his bjj posing any problems against Khabibs top control. I just don’t. I think Conor is about as bad of matchup for Khabib as there is and it’s only for a small window of time strictly due to Conor’s precision and power. GSP a few years ago would’ve been the worst stylistic match up for Khabib.

Tony has insane cardio - one that can match or even outdo Khabib's cardio. One of Khabib's advantages over his previous opponents have been his higher work rate. Against Tony, Khabib's cardio advantage is nullified.

Another strength of Khabib is his top control. Against Tony, Khabib will have a lot of problem dealing with Tony's submission and ground defense, especially Tony's devastating elbows from the bottom.

iu

Back