Signs point to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson

***Signs that the UFC will switch Ferguson in to fight Khabib at the last minute***

1. Ferguson "miraculously recovered" from his "freak leg injury"
2. The UFC put Ferguson on the same card as Khabib vs. Conor

3. Khabib vs. Conor have had VERY little promotional effort behind it... this is quite strange considering this is Conor's supposed "return after many years to reclaim 'his belt'"... WHERE ARE THE HYPES?

The last time when Conor fought Aldo and Mayweather, the UFC did MONTHS of heavy promotions, world tours, trailers, etc..

Where are the official UFC promos for Khabib vs. Conor? Where are the world tours?

You really believe, that they believe that Ferguson is a less dangerous opponent than Nurmagomedov?

I dont know man, i believe that Khabib is the less dangerous. If he stands with Conor, ist over for him.
But Tony, el Cucuy can take a punch, can take alot of punches and gets betters as the fights goes on.
His Submission game is aggressiv and dangerous. I can see him taking a leg in a split second, applying the Submission.

Take note, im not saying that the UFC is not playing puppet master... but i can not see how they believe that Ferguson is less dangerous... maybe the Injurie is not healed but el Cucuy is crazy enough to take fights just to prove a Point.
The UFC knows that Ferguson will be half the danger that he is and this is why they think that conor can win.

Last edited:
Just like they protected him from Chad Mendes on short notice with a knee injury? LMAO
protecting him from Chad Mendes?? Chad was not ready, Chad was the easiest opponent they could find to reason that conor is first contender. 2 weeks Chad was a gift from the UFC to conor

Wait.... we’re you the guy who thought the UFC and Ferguson conspired to fake his injury?

Wait, so the dolly-incident wasn't set up by the UFC to create hype for the Conor-Khabib fight after all?

If we're going by their histories if anyone is pulling out of 229 it's going to be Khabib or Tony.

Only if it's against each other ... lol

That said if it's Khabib who pulls out, I'd imagine the UFC wouldn't care - as long as McGregor is fighting that's the selling point for them

-sure no Khabib would mean no title fight - but McGregor vs Ferguson Or Pettis or Lee, or basically anyone, would be just as fun an option

Back in 2016, based on the UFC's past patterns of protecting certain fighters, I predicted that if McGregor wins the LW title, the UFC would help him hold 2 belts hostage:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...amp-for-a-very-long-time-here-is-why.3362947/

The exact thing happened.

Now that the UFC has announced Conor's return to fight Khabib - after ducking him like the plague for 2 years - something does not seem right. There are signs* pointing to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson:

The UFC will have Conor pull out at the very last minutes and have Ferguson step in to fight Khabib.

What are the UFC's motivations?

1. Protect Conor from his worst match-up (Khabib)
2. Use Ferguson (the worst matchup for Khabib) to take Khabib out
3. If / when Ferguson wins the belt, have Conor fight him.
Stylistically, Ferguson is more of a stand-up striker, so Conor has a better chance at beating him than he is at beating Khabib.

8a8.gif

Yep

They knew Mendes hadn't been training at all so his cardio would inevitably be terrible because of no training + rapid weight cut. Went down exactly as planned; full camp Mendes works Conner MacGreggor.
Literally can't spell the name of a man you're giving expert analysis about, a name that you've read on here countless times, you're doing yourself no favours .
And mendes didn't gas, he just lost plain and simple.

Literally can't spell the name of a man you're giving expert analysis about, a name that you've read on here countless times, you're doing yourself no favours .
Sub-80 IQ detected

Fine prediction, but conor is not thr one whom pulls out. It's the unreliable Khabib.

I hope to god it happens.

Lmao why should’ve Cerrone gotten that fight? He was two months fresh off getting destroyed by RDA. Conor would’ve murdered him, and never had baby junior. Plus Nate beat him too anyways.

Cerrone should have gotten that fight. That is a fact. To argue other wise only proves your ignorance.

Nate was far from an obvious choice at that time. He had just beat Michael Johnson. A good win no doubt, but it was only his 2nd win in the last 3 + years, and Michael is hardly a world beater. His only other win during that time was against Gray Maynard. Gray had once been a top contender, but between the fall of 2010 and the summer of 2016, Maynard lost 7 fights, and he managed to win only once(1-7-1).

Cerrone was also considered to replace RDA, but it was a popularity contest, and the numbers for a fight with Diaz were projected to do better than a fight with Cerrone. Conor is probably also secretly a fan of the Diaz brothers.

Cerrone was already in camp and ready to fight. He was actually a top ranked contender, who was 9-1 in his last 10 fights and his only loss had come in a Title fight, to the current(at that time) Champion... the guy Conor was supposed to fight.

Instead he fought Nate Diaz. Diaz was 2-3 in his last 5 fights(dating back to 2012). Conor had tore his ACL in the Holloway fight, had to take a year off, yet still had fought 7 times since his UFC debut in April of 2013. Cerrone had fought 13 times since the beginning of 2013, losing only to fighters during that time, who were either Champion or who would go on to being the Champion(Pettis & RDA x 2).

And like Cerrone, Nate had just recently lost to RDA. Except that that fight had to be fought at a catch weight. Unlike Donald, Nate was on vacation, and not in fighting shape. So the fight had to be made at WW. Which I actually believe, is what the UFC wanted. So that in the event that Conor lost, it could be claimed that he lost to a fighter who was 2 weight classes above his own... Which is exactly what happened when Conor lost.

Back in 2016, based on the UFC's past patterns of protecting certain fighters, I predicted that if McGregor wins the LW title, the UFC would help him hold 2 belts hostage:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...amp-for-a-very-long-time-here-is-why.3362947/

Now that the UFC has announced Conor's return to fight Khabib - after ducking him like the plague for 2 years - something does not seem right. There are signs* pointing to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson:

The UFC will have Conor pull out at the very last minutes and have Ferguson step in to fight Khabib.

Stylistically, Ferguson is more of a stand-up striker, so Conor has a better chance at beating him than he is at beating Khabib.

I don’t necessarily agree with you, but I don’t think that your thinking is that far off.

If I were betting on one of them pulling out, Khabib is actually the guy I would bet on to pull out. He has a long history of missing fights. Conor actually has a history of always fighting.

The way that fight card is currently stacked, is actually what many fans begged for after Tony had to pull out of his fight with Khabib. I don’t remember how many times they were supposed to have fought, but I think it is more than 4 times. And after the last Khabib fight got cancelled, many fans said that the UFC should, as a rule, always have another top contender fight booked on the same card to insure that there would always be a top contender, in shape and ready to fight if someone pulled out.

But I also would not be surprised if there was some funny business shortly before the fight, and some other fighter had to come in replace 1 of them.

I always thought that Nate was such an odd choice to replace RDA. And Diaz’s name had been mentioned along side Conor’s, even before the RDA fight was cancelled. Which was odd, because the likelihood of them fighting each other at that time was extremely unlikely. I said as much back in 2016, before their first fight.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-fix-is-in.3181035/page-3

Last edited:
Have you seen Tony Ferguson work out?
The kid is a walking injury.
They should just cut him for doing dumb workout routines.

Nothing wrong with holding a kettle bell with your chin while doing front pistol jump alterned squat

I actually would rather see McG vs Cucuy to be honest.

That is guaranteed violence.
It’s a better fight but a less compelling story. Evens out in the end for me.

Both fights are amazing, I believe Khabib, Tony and Conor are three of the most talented fighters ever at 155. Any version of them fighting is a must-watch.

Your theory sort of makes sense but I don't think it is right.

The UFC would leave A LOT of money on the table if Conor pulls out. Also, it assumes they have absolute confidence in Tony's ability to take Khabib out, which I think (especially he has just recovered from a major injury) is doubtful at best.

The lack of promotion compared to the Aldo fight is definitely noticeable, but a) there is still time, b) McGregor is a MUCH bigger star today than it was back then, so in a way needing less promotion, and c) the UFC does not have the best record at promoting huge fight honestly (think Stipe-DC for example), as if they rely entirely on the name recognition of the fighters.

Well if it ended up being Khabib vs Furg, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Back