Signs point to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson

Sub-80 IQ detected
So you're spelling it wrong intentionally? Aren't you funny!!!
Do you say Bork Lazer too?
I bet you do, I bet you laugh like a Bond bad guy every time don't you.
Wow, you're so great, and clearly an intellectual.

I actually dont know who is Conors toughest fight

Conor can tool Khabib on the feet easier than he could Tony, but if he gets it to the ground Conor is essentially doomed

However Tony is far more well rounded and is a risk for Conor anywhere, but still likely loses to Conor on the feet and his ground game isnt as certain doom as khabibs

Nothing would surprise me involving UFC. It could happen

Tony is a harder fight for Conor, Tony has so much energy and he is so intense, poor Conor would be exhausted after a few minutes with a guy like Tony. His sick frail 9 year old girls lungs would barely make it past 4 minutes with a guy like Tony. Would be an embarrassing slaughter.

Woaah, haters going full conspiracy now...

The reasoning behind another top LW bout on the card is likely more to do with protecting the main event for if Khabib gets injured, misses weight or pulls out as he has a heavy track record of all the previous mentioned happenings.

Woodley is about to fight till.

Two months notice is basically the fight camp so pretty sure their attention is taken with that atm

Fergy is a much harder fight than Khabib for mcgregor

Mcg made it clear at ufc200 that heavy media obligations are a thing of the past.

Cliffs :
Go watch wwe till Oct 6th
Cya soon.

So....the UFC is planning a conspiracy to pull their biggest ppv draw out of a ppv at the last minute? Yeah, because the UFC always chooses protecting fighters careers over making money in the short term right?
Lmao at conor ducking khabib also. You fanbois are just as delusional as the conor nuthuggers.

The conspiracy would I spose be that Conor never agreed to fight Khabib and the deal was made with the intension he would always pull out, UFC gets to sell out the event based on Conor and hopes people will be happy with Khabib/Fergerson instead, perhaps they get more PPV buys as well even without Conor as his potential presense gets the event more hype previously.

I’ve thought a lot about the promo thing, especially when comparing it to McGregor x Aldo/Mayweather, and basically, I think it’s clear at this point that they put so much in to the McGregor x Aldo feud because they needed/wanted to CREATE a star in McGregor, so it made sense to give him all the opportunities with pressers etc.

With the Mayweather fight, the promo shit was to sell a fight no one needed, that was costing a fortune in fighter salaries, and that was kind of unknown, in a promotional sense.

But at this point a McGregor fight sells itself (basically sold out in a couple minutes), and they’ve still got 228 to promote first. So as soon as they show starts, I imagine we’ll start to see more promo for the McGregor fight.

Your conspiracy fails at the very first point. Conor never held two belts hostage. As soon as he got the LW belt, his FW belt was stripped. You can't skew the facts to fit into your big conspiracy. And Tony Ferguson can't beat Khabib without properly healing and training. He will no way be near 100% come fight night. And UFC will care more about the money than Conor since they care about Conor because of the money he brings in the first place.

I got Khabib to beat Conor and I hope he beats Conor but McGregor haters tend to come up with some "very unlikely" scenerios to say the least.

Good, Khabib vs Ferg is the better more interesting fight.

Colin gets steamrolled by Khabib, so ya wouldn’t surprise me if he bitched out of it.

Just like they protected him from Chad Mendes on short notice with a knee injury? LMAO
Yeah, the theory is unlikely, but matching Conor with a no-camp Mendes was the best way to protect Conor from losing that fight. And it worked.

Back in 2016, based on the UFC's past patterns of protecting certain fighters, I predicted that if McGregor wins the LW title, the UFC would help him hold 2 belts hostage:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...amp-for-a-very-long-time-here-is-why.3362947/

The exact thing happened.

Now that the UFC has announced Conor's return to fight Khabib - after ducking him like the plague for 2 years - something does not seem right. There are signs* pointing to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson:

The UFC will have Conor pull out at the very last minutes and have Ferguson step in to fight Khabib.

What are the UFC's motivations?

1. Protect Conor from his worst match-up (Khabib)
2. Use Ferguson (the worst matchup for Khabib) to take Khabib out

3. If / when Ferguson wins the belt, have Conor fight him.
Stylistically, Ferguson is more of a stand-up striker, so Conor has a better chance at beating him than he is at beating Khabib.
You are dumb.

The Conor haters are literally grading at straws because they talked so much shit about Conor being scared of Khabib and then we’re of course proven wrong when Conor signed to fight him

I’ve thought a lot about the promo thing, especially when comparing it to McGregor x Aldo/Mayweather, and basically, I think it’s clear at this point that they put so much in to the McGregor x Aldo feud because they needed/wanted to CREATE a star in McGregor, so it made sense to give him all the opportunities with pressers etc.

With the Mayweather fight, the promo shit was to sell a fight no one needed, that was costing a fortune in fighter salaries, and that was kind of unknown, in a promotional sense.

But at this point a McGregor fight sells itself (basically sold out in a couple minutes), and they’ve still got 228 to promote first. So as soon as they show starts, I imagine we’ll start to see more promo for the McGregor fight.

That's certainly possible, basically limit the spending on Conor knowing he's going to draw well reguardless, especially if he's demanding a greater percentage of takings lowering profit margin.

The UFC probably view him rather more as a short term thing as well, nobody knows if his next fight might be his last.

The conspiracy would I spose be that Conor never agreed to fight Khabib and the deal was made with the intension he would always pull out, UFC gets to sell out the event based on Conor and hopes people will be happy with Khabib/Fergerson instead, perhaps they get more PPV buys as well even without Conor as his potential presense gets the event more hype previously.
This seems like a reasonable hypothesis to you?

Why wouldn’t they just have left a belt on Tony and do that match first, then winner unifies with Kalabeeb?

Protect Conor from his worst match-up (Khabib)

The most important thing is money. What's the point of protecting Conor if it's by preventing him from fighting and bringing the dollars?

Losing to Diaz and Mayweather didn't hurt Conor's brand, I don't think it would be much different if he lost to Khabib. His entertainment value isn't strictly tied to his athletic results anymore, now that he's already super famous.

Yeah the lawsuit by people that paid 10,000 bucks to see Mcnuggets should be fun.

I know they probably have in the tickets somewhere that cards are subject to change but with what they charge for a Conor fight I don't think that shit is gonna go down as easily as any other card.

Why wouldn’t they just have left a belt on Tony and do that match first, then winner unifies with Kalabeeb?

Khabib with preparation would have an advantage over Ferguson. The best way to catch Khabib by surprise is to have him prepare for a striker (Conor), and then switch in Ferguson at the last minute.

Back in 2016, based on the UFC's past patterns of protecting certain fighters, I predicted that if McGregor wins the LW title, the UFC would help him hold 2 belts hostage:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...amp-for-a-very-long-time-here-is-why.3362947/

The exact thing happened.

Now that the UFC has announced Conor's return to fight Khabib - after ducking him like the plague for 2 years - something does not seem right. There are signs* pointing to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson:

The UFC will have Conor pull out at the very last minutes and have Ferguson step in to fight Khabib.

What are the UFC's motivations?

1. Protect Conor from his worst match-up (Khabib)
2. Use Ferguson (the worst matchup for Khabib) to take Khabib out

3. If / when Ferguson wins the belt, have Conor fight him.
Stylistically, Ferguson is more of a stand-up striker, so Conor has a better chance at beating him than he is at beating Khabib.

say for a moment I was to entertain your bs, how would the UFC pull him from the fight? What would be the reason they put forth to the public for his dismissal?

Back