Signs point to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Back in 2016, based on the UFC's past patterns of protecting certain fighters, I predicted that if McGregor wins the LW title, the UFC would help him hold 2 belts hostage:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...amp-for-a-very-long-time-here-is-why.3362947/

The exact thing happened.

Now that the UFC has announced Conor's return to fight Khabib - after ducking him like the plague for 2 years - something does not seem right. There are signs* pointing to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson:

The UFC will have Conor pull out at the very last minutes and have Ferguson step in to fight Khabib.

What are the UFC's motivations?

1. Protect Conor from his worst match-up (Khabib)
2. Use Ferguson (the worst matchup for Khabib) to take Khabib out

3. If / when Ferguson wins the belt, have Conor fight him.
Stylistically, Ferguson is more of a stand-up striker, so Conor has a better chance at beating him than he is at beating Khabib.

***Signs that the UFC will switch Ferguson in to fight Khabib at the last minute***

1. Ferguson "miraculously recovered" from his "freak leg injury"
2. The UFC put Ferguson on the same card as Khabib vs. Conor

3. Khabib vs. Conor have had VERY little promotional effort behind it... this is quite strange considering this is Conor's supposed "return after many years to reclaim 'his belt'"... WHERE ARE THE HYPES?

The last time when Conor fought Aldo and Mayweather, the UFC did MONTHS of heavy promotions, world tours, trailers, etc..

Where are the official UFC promos for Khabib vs. Conor? Where are the world tours?

Last edited:
I'd hope that doesn't happen, but it would not shock me in the slightest if it did.

I actually would rather see McG vs Cucuy to be honest.

That is guaranteed violence.

UFC does in fact hate money and would love this scenario to happen and lose their money fight.

After Tony gets obliterated by a rejuvenated Pettis, and Conor flattens Khabib, we won’t have to worry about any of this k.

Lee and Gaethje are worse matchups for Khabib. Alvarez may be too. I think Khabib handles Tony.

But I hope you’re right because I’ll be first page in an epic thread.

It would be funny but

tumblr_nxifolDOfq1r86qtto3_500.gif

then again...

IndolentImpureGrebe-small.gif

<Fedor23>

So....the UFC is planning a conspiracy to pull their biggest ppv draw out of a ppv at the last minute? Yeah, because the UFC always chooses protecting fighters careers over making money in the short term right?
Lmao at conor ducking khabib also. You fanbois are just as delusional as the conor nuthuggers.

Nope. To much money for the Khabib vs Conor fight compared to Conor vs Tony.

Back in 2016, based on the UFC's past patterns of protecting certain fighters, I predicted that if McGregor wins the LW title, the UFC would help him hold 2 belts hostage:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...amp-for-a-very-long-time-here-is-why.3362947/

Now that the UFC has announced Conor's return to fight Khabib - after ducking him like the plague for 2 years - something does not seem right. There are signs* pointing to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson:

The UFC will have Conor pull out at the very last minutes and have Ferguson step in to fight Khabib.

Stylistically, Ferguson is more of a stand-up striker, so Conor has a better chance at beating him than he is at beating Khabib.

They just put him there cause they know

A) Khabib is a pullout merchant, OP is tripping implicating Conor will pull out

B) It makes the card more stacked if the main event still happens

If we're going by their histories if anyone is pulling out of 229 it's going to be Khabib or Tony.

Just like they protected him from Chad Mendes on short notice with a knee injury? LMAO

Based on their previous experience, it's far more likely Khabib falls out and it's Conor vs Tony. That wouldn't shock me at all. Then if that happens and Conor beats Tony Khabib won't get a shot cos he pulls out all the time, and frankly he shouldn't get another shot if this scenario eventuates.

Bro stop smoking weed. If this was the plan all along why not just have Khabib vs Ferguson at 223?

Back