should you be allowed to hit your kids?

A spanking, yes. A beating? No.

Sad to say, kids really do learn respect by having some sort of discipline in their lives.

I know some teachers who think the same thing, that kids don't listen because they have no reason to care what people think.

Problem is most parents see their children as their inferiors rather than their equals.
It's a dysfunctional relationship. :icon_conf

I treat my two daughters the same way I treat my friends and other members of my family.
You won't see them throwing temper tantrums, misbehaving or rebelling any time soon.

Treat your children like adults and they'll behave like adults.
Treat your children like children and they'll behave like children.
It shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Lol at children being their parents' equals.

Yes. I am glad my father slapped me hard whenever I was being disrespectful. It happened rarely though, maybe like 3 times but it put the fear in me. My younger brothers didn't get that treatment, both of them turned out to be pretty spoiled.

And before any of the hippies in here gang up on me, I obviously wouldn't whip my kid with a belt, but some form of physical discipline can be necessary and completely acceptable as a last resort.

To me discipline is a family matter. If it reaches the point where injuries are occurring I can see stepping in.

Yeah. I doubt I ever would but ill make sure they know it's a possibility.

Physical punishment for children has been disappearing for the last 40 or so years.

All I have to say about that is: look at how many pussified and fucked up young adults we have these days. Men are feminized, women are spoiled princesses. Yes, I'm suggesting there's a correlation.

Physical punishment for children has been disappearing for the last 40 or so years.

All I have to say about that is: look at how many pussified and fucked up young adults we have these days. Men are feminized, women are spoiled princesses. Yes, I'm suggesting there's a correlation.

Agreed, its a world without consequences in some way

With every thread TS makes he outs himself a bigger piece of shit.

When I pop my son's leg it definitely gets his attention.

Problem is most parents see their children as their inferiors rather than their equals.

I treat my two daughters the same way I treat my friends and other members of my family.
You won't see them throwing temper tantrums, misbehaving or rebelling any time soon.

They'll be pregnant by age 13.

How do you go about doing that? It sounds nice , but id like to hear what this actually entails in your household . Do you have rules and limits , or do you defer to your peers/childrens judgement?

Someone that has an undeveloped brain and is completely and totally dependent on you for every one of their needs cannot cannot and should not be treated as an equal.

You should respect your children as sentient beings , you shouldn't abuse them or treat them as property, But they need structure , guidance and limits , and there is Nothing wrong with spankings (not beatings)applied judiciously and sparingly when other options don't work. Its possible to raise them without it as well.....i don't see how its possible to raise well balanced kids by treating a 4 year old as a contemporary though.

Last edited by a moderator:

YI0LDOm.gif

what is real parenting?

Teaching your kids right from wrong
Taking away privileges when the do something wrong

Hitting your kids is easy. Its an intimidation tactic. Only thing hitting your kids does is it teaches them to be scared of their parents

Typical "good old days" bullshit.

We have plenty of studies on the harm caused by parental use of physical punishment, but don't let that get in the way of your tough guy narrative.

Like I said, not every kid needs it but some absolutely do. Real parenting isn't a catchall thing were all the same techniques work for every kid. There's this point where a kid challenges the authority of a household that it becomes a necessity in my opinion.

When they are teenagers its one thing

Backhanding your son for pushing you or if a daughter calls her mother a bitch or **** and the mother slaps her daughter then yeah, i could maybe go along with that

But beating a 4 year old with a belt to the point where hes covered in welts and bruises is fucking bullshit

I don't see why not. Then again I HATE children.

Haha, I don't like them either. If could go back in time and see myself when I was four or fives, I'd probably hate myself.. or want to kick my own ass.

Seriously though, I don't think hitting really is necessary people shouldn't resort to it. But I can understand the reasoning. I was raised by my grandparents and my grandfather used to spank me and it definitely made me think twice about acting like an asshole.

Back