should you be allowed to hit your kids?

When you're stuck living in an area where most the kids your child grows up with will end up future criminals. Punishments like grounding your child or taking away possessions will not be enough most of the time imo. I'm very thankful for the ass whoopings my mom used to put on me. If/when I have a kid I prob won't use those same methods, but I'm also not stuck in the same shitty situation my mother had when I was a kid.

Problem is most parents see their children as their inferiors rather than their equals.
It's a dysfunctional relationship. :icon_conf

I treat my two daughters the same way I treat my friends and other members of my family.
You won't see them throwing temper tantrums, misbehaving or rebelling any time soon.

Treat your children like adults and they'll behave like adults.
Treat your children like children and they'll behave like children.
It shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Yes. I do sparingly and to great effect. People who say just talk to your kid are the same people that cave and end up bargaining with the kids.

I wonder how many of you guys who say absolutley not actually have kids. My 3 year old son gets weekly spankings (one and only one swift smack on the ass) because he doesn't listen for shit. He knows he's being bad and does it anyway. He doesn't get punished for accidents, only when he intentionally does something, and spankings are always the last resort. I tell him to stop, then put him in timeout or take whatever he's got away from him, then say "do you want a spanking?" Most of the time he only quits being a shit when threatened with a spanking, but sometimes he doesn't quit and If I tell hime he's gonna get one he gets one.

Fuck no I view people who hit their kids or even threaten to hit their kids as weak minded people with a 1920's mentality on things. Learn how to actually teach them right from wrong and how to make a man/woman out of them. Hitting your kids isn't only going to fuck with them their whole life but it's taking the easy way out.

Meh, it ain't that serious.

I always knew right from wrong, but, as a kid, I didn't always care which I exercised. One day my father threw me up the stairs to remind me that it mattered. It worked.

He didn't have a 1920s mentality nor was he taking the easy way out. In fact, it was the hard way, for him. But I forced his hand.

Physically disciplining your children is okay when done correctly. It's also quite effective when properly applied. Sometimes talk-teaching just doesn't cut it when dealing with a rebellious or unruly child. (Which is a problem, unfortunately, even good parents are often forced to deal with.)

Hell to the no.

Your child is not your property.
Teach them, don't abuse them.

If your children don't listen to you, then you've already fucked up somewhere during their early childhood.

Not necessarily true. Every human being makes their own independent choices, that they alone, are responsible for. A child can be taught well and still never learn. Such is the way of things sometimes.

However, I wholeheartedly agree with the notion that one should teach, not abuse.

Problem is most parents see their children as their inferiors rather than their equals.

I treat my two daughters the same way I treat my friends and other members of my family.
You won't see them throwing temper tantrums, misbehaving or rebelling any time soon.

Excellent ideology. I agree 100%. There should be fridge magnets with that shit written on it. For realz.

Hell to the no.

Your child is not your property.
Teach them, don't abuse them.

If your children don't listen to you, then you've already fucked up somewhere during their early childhood.

you can teach your kid by hitting them. hitting them isnt always abusing them. I hit my kids because I love them and want them to be good people when they grow up

I think hitting anything defenseless is really fun. Old people in seniors homes, puppies, and yeah, of COURSE kids. Heck, anyone smaller than me is fair game.

ass hat.

I think hitting should be on the table. Good parents will use it judiciously and shitty parents will have shitty kids, whether they hit them or not.

My dad spanked me twice in my life, and it was pretty much the nuclear option, when nothing else would work.

Not hit. Spank, sure, but I don't if there's no danger element. I think it makes more sense to use the fear of pain in reaction to dangerous situations. Makes for a more appropriate connection in their minds IMO. Teenagers on the other hand... I can't say.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of you guys who say absolutley not actually have kids. My 3 year old son gets weekly spankings (one and only one swift smack on the ass) because he doesn't listen for shit. He knows he's being bad and does it anyway. He doesn't get punished for accidents, only when he intentionally does something, and spankings are always the last resort. I tell him to stop, then put him in timeout or take whatever he's got away from him, then say "do you want a spanking?" Most of the time he only quits being a shit when threatened with a spanking, but sometimes he doesn't quit and If I tell hime he's gonna get one he gets one.

I loled because I understand. you sound like a good parent you are starting to discipline him when he is young and use spankings as the last result. its how kids learn they are simple minded when you cant reason with them because they are too dumb( not their fault they are kids) they understand pain means bad so what every they did to be in pain is bad and should not do it again.

the people who wait to discipline their kids until they are older are the ones who are really fucking up.

Used sparingly and in moderation, physical violence can be a wonderful teaching tool. Anyone who has ever been a teenage boy knows that sometimes you literally need sense smacked into you.

I think hitting should be on the table. Good parents will use it judiciously and shitty parents will have shitty kids, whether they hit them or not.

My dad spanked me twice in my life, and it was pretty much the nuclear option, when nothing else would work.

Exactly.

My parents never laid a finger on me so I don't think I can hit my children. However, my dad used to make me do manual labor whenever I got in trouble such as move the stack of bricks to the other side of the yard then decide he doesn't want them there and make me move them back.

Love it. Taking it.

How about you do some real parenting

Hitting your kids is a cop out

This explains why our kids are so normal today...........

It is a fine line but a spanking should be ok.

I agree largely. We want to raise good adults, not good children.

h37821A1E

Back