Should Nick Diaz Be Included in UFC Hall of Fame?

3 Judges from the incompetent NSAC gave condit that decision. Congrats, to the natural born sprinter, but the fans know whats up.

ScreenShot2015-01-15at53234AM_zps492bfbe9.png

Even with this picture, the first round Diaz only has it by 5%......can't really say it's that clear cut.

Edit: Nevermind, read it waaayyy to quick, hahaha. Still though, the first round isn't that decisive.

Did I say it wasn't close?

Skill for skill, Diaz was schooled. Condit is clearly a better fighter, no question about it.

The man who scored the biggest moment in the fight wasn't the better fighter that day aye? Maybe you should re-watch the fight like Rogan did~
[YT]gkgFrgl3uHs[/YT] 1:03s to 2:13s

Last edited:
The man who scored the biggest moment in the fight wasn't the better fighter that day aye? Maybe you should re-watch the fight like Rogan did~
[YT]gkgFrgl3uHs[/YT] 1:03s

Rogan has had a lot of bad opinions on fights and i love the guy.

There's a dead t-shirt maker in the HOF. The legitimacy of it was over before it started. Literally anyone is entitled to the ufc HOF.

seriously why do people keep making threads about that dumb shit. It's the most irrelevant HOF you can get.

Put him in the wing that has Karo and Joe Diesel.

3 Judges from the incompetent NSAC gave condit that decision. Congrats, to the natural born sprinter, but the fans know whats up.

Just for the sake of comedy, what website posted this?

[YT]gkgFrgl3uHs[/YT] 1:03s

What moment are you even referring to? The takedown?

Badass no fucks given Nick Diaz gets outstruck for 24 minutes, but scores a BORING ASS TAKEDOWN in the final minute and he's the better fighter?

Yes he should.

He's beat BJ Penn. And he's knocked out the current WW champ Robbie Lawler.
Nick was strikeforce WW champ.

He's already done enough to be in the UFC Hall of Fame.

If he knocks out Anderson Silva on the 31st he'll have beaten two the greatest fighters ever.

If Nick hadn't been suspended and punished for so long before the GSP fight I think Nick would have done much better. As it was Nick hadn't fought in about a year and a half and he suffered from ring rust in a bad way when he faced both Condit and GSP.

Nick is fearless, courageous, crazy, and an action fighter. He's the kind of fighter other killers are afraid of. Neither Condit nor GSP wanted to trade punches standing up. Condit ran away for three rounds, and GSP took Nick down for three rounds. Nick is a beast, a rare animal, and he has a much higher skill level and historical evidence for HOF than Stephan fricking Bonner.

Yes he should.

He's beat BJ Penn. And he's knocked out the current WW champ Robbie Lawler.
Nick was strikeforce WW champ.

He's already done enough to be in the UFC Hall of Fame.

If he knocks out Anderson Silva on the 31st he'll have beaten two the greatest fighters ever.

If Nick hadn't been suspended and punished for so long before the GSP fight I think Nick would have done much better. As it was Nick hadn't fought in about a year and a half and he suffered from ring rust in a bad way when he faced both Condit and GSP.

Nick is fearless, courageous, crazy, and an action fighter. He's the kind of fighter other killers are afraid of. Neither Condit nor GSP wanted to trade punches standing up. Condit ran away for three rounds, and GSP took Nick down for three rounds. Nick is a beast, a rare animal, and he has a much higher skill level and historical evidence for HOF than Stephan fricking Bonner.

Uh, didn't GSP and Nick stand for half the fight and Nick still lost the stand up?

He beat the current WW champ, when he was a huge underdog. (still the only man to ko Lawler iirc)

He beat the #1lw in the world in Gomi, when he was a huge underdog. (with the rarely seen gogo)

He beat the absolute shit out of BJ Penn, a 2 division champ/legend. Diaz retired a legend in Penn.

He beat the absolute shit out of Frank Shamrock, former UFC & SF champ/legend, at a higher weight than Nick was used to. Diaz retired another legend in Shamrock.

He has a good chance imo to beat Anderson Silva in a couple weeks (we'll see). He may retire his THIRD legend.

He's also beaten Paul Daley, the previous #1 or #2 UFC WW contender.
He beat (imo) Carlos Condit, the #1 UFC WW contender.

He's just never gotten the UFC gold. Which is part of what makes this issue a little tricky. He's also one of those guys that you can't just look at fightfinder and understand their career. Most of us that were there watching him along the way, understand how damn good that kid really was, and how many times he's shocked the entire sport with his upset wins.

And Jeremy Horn beat Chuck Liddell once. Does that mean he should be in the UFC HOF too? Just like Horn, Nick beat Robbie a long, long, LONG time before Robbie won the belt.

How did he retire BJ when BJ came back and fought two more times after Diaz lol

By the time Nick fought Frank, Frank was 37 years old and hadn't fought in over a year.

Daley wasn't the "#2 or #1 welterweight contender". Daley was barely ranked in the top ten when Diaz fought him, for that matter Nick was barely ranked in the top ten at the time.

I won't deny that Nick is an incredible athlete in this sport, and has always been a tough fight for almost anyone. But if his personality wasn't so polarizing nobody would even be asking if he belonged in the HOF.

If people like Mask and Bonnar are in it, then I seen no reason why Diaz shouldn't be. But, if there was an actual legitimate MMA HOF, I'd say no as of now.

What moment are you even referring to? The takedown?

Badass no fucks given Nick Diaz gets outstruck for 24 minutes, but scores a BORING ASS TAKEDOWN and he's the better fighter?

lol....a boring take down.....in which diaz tried to choke him out/then transitioned to attempt an arm bar.... And he was outlanded...but not all punch's are equal. Damage/best exchanges goes to Diaz IMo.

But, w.e. I do respect the fact that you said it was close and that you might have a different opinion on who won...but i vehemently disagree with you analysis in regards to Condit being clear cut the best fighter. Diaz has a better ground game and is a better striker....which is why Condit avoided getting into a brawl/even though he teased it happening during the pre-fight build up...NaturalBornKiller....What a Joke. [YT]2-d60kkkcbE[/YT]

I think its stupid if they don't add some fighters that are HOF material that were not champions, I mean look at the NFL HOF, They have many players that weren't champions. Dan Marino main example. a HOF should include top quality fighters and not just champions.

Can you think of any differences between a fighter who never becomes a champion and a great player who was never on a great team?

lol....a boring take down.....in which diaz tried to choke him out/then transitioned to attempt an arm bar.... And he was outlanded...but not all punch's are equal. Damage/best exchanges goes to Diaz IMo.

But, w.e. I do respect the fact that you said it was close and that you might have a different opinion on who won...but i vehemently disagree with you analysis in regards to Condit being clear cut the best fighter. Diaz has a better ground game and is a better striker....which is why Condit avoided getting into a brawl/even though he teased it happening during the pre-fight build up...NaturalBornKiller....What a Joke. [YT]2-d60kkkcbE[/YT]

I was trying to behave like a Diaz fan. The takedown was in the last minute of the fight. The sub attempts were defended perfectly and Diaz was being reversed in the final seconds. Outstriking your opponent for 24mins is worth more than 20-30 seconds of back control and two failed sub attempts in my book. I would think a Diaz fan would as well.

Diaz did not land anything significant the entire fight. He had 2 or 3 good bodyshots and that was it. Everything else was just as ineffective as Carlos's strikes, except he land in far less volume. Diaz was the one who left marked up, Condit had a small mouse under his eye, not that it matters damage isn't a scoring criteria. This idea that Nick landed the better shots is pure fantasy on your part. Show me these supposed strikes Nick landed that were so much more effective. I've been asking for years and still haven't seen them. Carlos was landing at will because of Diaz's refusal to use any footwork. The truth is NEITHER fighter was lighting the other guy up, so you can only score the fight for the guy who landed more, which by your own admission was Carlos.

Carlos has a more complete ground game as well. He is universally acknowledged as one of the most dangerous fighters off his back. Just look what he did to Hendricks in his next fight. Nick has some slick subs, but he hasn't scored one in years, at least not one on an opponent he didn't rock first. He has abandoned his ground game for striking because people like you perpetuate another fantasy that Nick is the best boxer in MMA.

But don't take this the wrong way. I'm not a Nick hater. I'm a Nick realist. I have always enjoyed his fights and it's pretty likely I've enjoyed his fights longer than you've been a fan to begin with. It's his fans that are the problem here.

So, slightly more than half of fans think Diaz won? According to that, 50.6% of respondents gave Diaz the fight either 48-47 or 49-46. I don't think that was as telling as you thought it was.

Back