Should Nick Diaz Be Included in UFC Hall of Fame?

MyIQ is Biscuit

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
* I can't make a poll.

Once Diaz actually retires for good, has he (or will he have) done enough to warrant HOF status?

I believe he has, but his case is tricky since a lot of his outstanding work was done outside of the UFC. It's even more complicated since a good portion of that work was done in Strikeforce, which ended up being owned by Zuffa. And we all know Zuffa will/already have included all the Pride legends they had under contract, into their UFC HOF....even when their actual "UFC" records weren't that great.

So what say you sherdog? Nick Diaz to the HOF?

Edit: here are some of his accomplishments

He beat the current WW champ, when he was a huge underdog. (still the only man to ko Lawler iirc)

He beat the #1lw in the world in Gomi, when he was a huge underdog. (with the rarely seen gogo)

He beat the absolute shit out of BJ Penn, a 2 division champ/legend. Diaz retired a legend in Penn.

He beat the absolute shit out of Frank Shamrock, former UFC & SF champ/legend, at a higher weight than Nick was used to. Diaz retired another legend in Shamrock.

He has a good chance imo to beat Anderson Silva in a couple weeks (we'll see). He may retire his THIRD legend.

He's also beaten Paul Daley, the previous #1 or #2 UFC WW contender.
He beat (imo) Carlos Condit, the #1 UFC WW contender.

He's just never gotten the UFC gold. Which is part of what makes this issue a little tricky. He's also one of those guys that you can't just look at fightfinder and understand their career. Most of us that were there watching him along the way, understand how damn good that kid really was, and how many times he's shocked the entire sport with his upset wins.

^ not to mention, he beat BJ (a HOF'er for sure) and Frank Shamrock (SHOULD without a doubt be in the HOF, but we all know why he isn't). So basically Nick retired 2 legends and HOF caliber guys, and could very possibly retire a 3rd legend/HOF caliber guy in Anderson Silva. If you beat 2 or 3 HOF caliber guys, are you not a HOF caliber guy yourself?

Last edited:
If he beats Anderson, beats Lawler then defends the belt 5 times in a row, yea.

He's about as worthy as I am. So, yes lol

Who cares the UFC HoF is like a popularity contest. It isn't an honor like other sports, I mean what is even the requirements for getting in?

In other sports there is a big vote among respected people who have been around the sport a long time and you need a certain percentage to vote you in, UFC HoF is like if Dana likes you then you can get in

Why the hell you think he deserves to be a HOF even though HOF is a joke

uh...Why? At least Stephen Bonnar had a memorable fight. Diaz has done literally nothing to deserve it.

I am in the camp that if he is a Hall of Famer for another organization and that organization is bought by the UFC he should be in the UFC Hall of Fame. So, all the Pride Legends, WEC Legends and Strikeforce Legends.

I'd say he's a legendary MMA personality, but thats about it for now.

What did he accomplish?

He beat the current WW champ, when he was a huge underdog. (still the only man to ko Lawler iirc)

He beat the #1lw in the world in Gomi, when he was a huge underdog. (with the rarely seen gogo)

He beat the absolute shit out of BJ Penn, a 2 division champ/legend. Diaz retired a legend in Penn.

He beat the absolute shit out of Frank Shamrock, former UFC & SF champ/legend, at a higher weight than Nick was used to. Diaz retired another legend in Shamrock.

He has a good chance imo to beat Anderson Silva in a couple weeks (we'll see). He may retire his THIRD legend.

He's also beaten Paul Daley, the previous #1 or #2 UFC WW contender.
He beat (imo) Carlos Condit, the #1 UFC WW contender.

He's just never gotten the UFC gold. Which is part of what makes this issue a little tricky. He's also one of those guys that you can't just look at fightfinder and understand their career. Most of us that were there watching him along the way, understand how damn good that kid really was, and how many times he's shocked the entire sport with his upset wins.

What did he accomplish?
-Strikeforce belt.
-WEC belt.
-KO'd the current UFC WW champ.
-Gogoplata'd the LW GOAT.
-Beat the living crap of the other LW GOAT (Baby Jay).
-Beat a couple of legends (Frank Shamrock, Mach).

I don't know if he deserves a spot, but his resume is hard to ignore.

EDIT:
@MyIQ: haha, great minds think alike.

Wait. What? No.

I am in the camp that if he is a Hall of Famer for another organization and that organization is bought by the UFC he should be in the UFC Hall of Fame. So, all the Pride Legends, WEC Legends and Strikeforce Legends.

I agree....but this just highlights the fact that there should be a separate company that just inducts mma artists from all around the world based on there accomplishments in their respective companies.

Also throw in an 11 fight win streak + all of the memorable moments he had out of the octagon that has endeared him to the many legion of fans that he has ( add these two accomplishments to all the other accomplishments people have mentioned)

no. and Bonnar and Mask (RIP) should be removed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back